• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
It's kind of ironic that there was an episode of South Park about this less than two hours after this thread was created...

tyranitar90

UP THE IRONS
Yeah I agree with tyranitar. I miss the old DX, stone cold steve austin and the rock. Now it's all lame and dumbed down. Even TNA says bad words. also WWE ruined ECW.
I still love, you Melina!!!!!

Treeconator11

Ultranumb
Am I the only Serebiite that actually enjoys wrestling the way it is now?

Lrn2acceptchange. The wrestling itself has actually become better to me, I perfer Rey, Matt Hardy, Evan Bourne, and Kofi Kingston flying all over the place. While yeah, the promos and stuff suck now, and I dislike the PG, but wrestling is more popular then ever now, and if you wanna know just why WWE is beating TNA, they provide a more child friendly product, their slighty better shows are over ruled by the fact, people trust WWE now, and parents are more willing to let children watch it, cuz it's PG. It's going back to the days of Hulk Hogan dude, the attitude era was only to defeat those all godly WCW guys, who, all in all, really, kicked there own asses more than the WWE did.

Wrestling still exists???

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
It always sucked.

I pretty much second this opinion.
When has grown men wrestling each other in tights ever NOT sucked?
If I wanted to watch people fight like crazy, I would pay attention to the fights that happen at school, OR, I would watch a soap opera or two, heck, if I wanted to watch a fight, I would watch desperate housewives!

Also, if I wanted to watch two people fight like idiots in costumes, I would go to a book store, and search for the right comic book.

-Raiga-

Am I the only Serebiite that actually enjoys wrestling the way it is now?

Don't worry, your not alone. There just happen to be a large volume of people who think they figured out the wrestling buisness when they learned it was fake and thought they couldn't enjoy it.

Wrestling still exists???

Sure does, same as any other sport on the face of the planet.

I pretty much second this opinion.
When has grown men wrestling each other in tights ever NOT sucked?
If I wanted to watch people fight like crazy, I would pay attention to the fights that happen at school, OR, I would watch a soap opera or two, heck, if I wanted to watch a fight, I would watch desperate housewives!

Also, if I wanted to watch two people fight like idiots in costumes, I would go to a book store, and search for the right comic book.

Woah, believe it or not, almost all shows on T.V. are scripted. There isn't a difference between watching lost and watching WWE or TNA, they all have storylines that YOU the people get into willingly.

Not to mention, your comment on the tights thing is wayyyyy overrated, and just plain dumb. Many sports have people in tights, or even look at basketball for a minute. OMG, I can see his legs, and his muscles, that must mean I'm watching this for the men right? I would say wrong, as anyone CAN watch any show for adoration of men or women, but then again thats not the point of wrestling now is it? Don't worry, you can go back to your comic book now.

There is a certain sport called mixed martial arts, and it is far better than the whole WWE crap.

Yes, good job on oh I don't know, actually giving a reason or example why its better other than calling WWE crap would be nice. Just because you don't like the fact that wrestling is scripted doesn't automatically make mma a better product. Both of them are great products, and without a doubt in my mind MMA is still going to be on the rise for quite some time. However what you have to realize is that wrestling goes in patterns, quite some time ago wrestling was popular, then boxing took the majority of its viewers away till the attitude era. I think the same thing is going to happen here, once people inevitably get tired of MMA, they'll accept WWE again.

I don't mean to insult anyone by these comments or anything, it just gets boring after awhile when you've seen the same "wrestling is fake" and "they should bring back the attitude era" comments a billion times.

Last edited:

Night_Walker

The problems with the WWE right now are:

~ That the scriptwriters don't seem to have any new ideas - let's face it Orton and Edge's feuds with Cena both ran for multiple years, as did Edge's angle with Vickie.
~ The logical next generation of main eventers aren't being pushed (ie MVP, Kofi, Swagger, and Benjamin).
~ RAW has virtually been Cena's show for the last 5 years regardless of what the people actually want (I mean they've tried to say Cena is the leading light of RAW when HHH, HBK and Orton have been the ones holding it up).

In short there's a lack of imagination and a lack of risk-taking.

Last edited:

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
John Cena should become a heel!

And Night Walker you make some good points ( o_O (inside joke)) but I don't think that Benjamin will be the next main eventer, he will just be a solid performer, but Swagger and MVP (not so sure on Kofi) will be maineventers, and John Morrison will rule the WWE.

Night_Walker

John Cena should become a heel!

And Night Walker you make some good points ( o_O (inside joke)) but I don't think that Benjamin will be the next main eventer, he will just be a solid performer, but Swagger and MVP (not so sure on Kofi) will be maineventers, and John Morrison will rule the WWE.

Hell yeah, would stop the commentators having to pretend that all the people like him... cause the majority of the audience despise him for constantly being pushed over more talented men (Orton being the latest man fed to him).

Thanks, lol.

I think Benjamin, like Matt Hardy, probably just needs one match where he blows the roof off for all the fans to be a main-eventer - he's got the skill (there's no denying his ability in the ring - both as a high flyer and a mat wrestler), his promo cutting has improved a lot since he started "The Gold Standard" gimmick. He's just overlooked.

Swagger will be huge, especially as a face, he's got all the natural and trained talents you need to succeed in the WWE and has good promos skills. MVP should have been in the main event a while back and I don't think there's any doubt he can handle it (I think he'd been ready since he had that feud with Chris Benoit, yes I said his name :p, that made him).

Kofi, he's a bit of an iffy I guess but he is massively over with the crowd. But since it seems he'll be feuding with Randy (who is the future of the WWE, even if they still treat him pathetically) I think we'll learn if he's got what it takes it soon enough.

Ziggler & DiBaise will be main eventers too. And yeah Morrison has been ready for a long time.

Barbarooza

BarBOSSA
Wrestling is such a girly sport. If that's even what it is (a sport).

Homosexual would be my choice of words. Oiled up, sweaty men wearing nothing but tights while touching eachother and putting eachother into compromising positions, complete with well timed moans and groans.

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
Yeah exactly I would rather see Ortan as the Champ rather than Cena.

I would Love to see Benjamin at the top, but I'm not sure that he will get there, but there is not reason why he couldn't, and they should remove the Gold-Standard gimmick right now.

Matt Hardy will always be the 'other' Hardy no matter what he does.

Swagger could carry the WWE a lot better than Cena, but I'm not sure that they will make him a fan favorite for a couple more years. But he is athletic, has good skills, and MVP could also be at the very top, he needs to won a tag title and then go back to singles, he is already established so there is no point trying to build him up, he is already there.

Kofi should either stay as a Jamaican lovable wrestler, or loose that and be a African superstar. He can do, he just needs to leave the Jamaican thing behind.

Ziggler makes me lol, but he could be a superstar.

And they have changed the F-U, and are now officially calling it the "Attitude Adjustment".

rocky505

I think their starting to give Kofi a boost now after tonight with what he did to Orton's car.

Night_Walker

Yeah exactly I would rather see Ortan as the Champ rather than Cena.
Definitely, and Orton is by far the superior wrestler (despite the fact his title runs have almost always made him out to be a lot weaker and less talented then he really is).

I would Love to see Benjamin at the top, but I'm not sure that he will get there, but there is not reason why he couldn't, and they should remove the Gold-Standard gimmick right now.
Me too, as opposed to be being the spot-monkey at every MitB ladder match each year.
Hhmm, well I think the Gold-Standard is pry a gimmick that works better for a heel then a face so yeah it should be dropped.

Matt Hardy will always be the 'other' Hardy no matter what he does.
I'm gonna say "ouch" for Matt. Personally I think if Jeff can be world champ then so can Matt - there are differences between them, Matt's much more of a ground wrestler (maybe cause of the knee operations he's had), but they're both massively over and decent enough talent wise.

Swagger could carry the WWE a lot better than Cena, but I'm not sure that they will make him a fan favorite for a couple more years. But he is athletic, has good skills
Swagger as a face "All American American" will be absolutely huge. And he definitely has the whole package in terms of his skills and athleticism.

MVP could also be at the very top, he needs to won a tag title and then go back to singles, he is already established so there is no point trying to build him up, he is already there.
I think it'd be best for him to get into the whole Miz vs Swagger US title feud rather then continue being hitched to Mark Henry in the tag team division (seriously aside from the fist of the Big Show what is that?)

Kofi should either stay as a Jamaican lovable wrestler, or loose that and be a African superstar. He can do, he just needs to leave the Jamaican thing behind.
LOL well it seems like they're changing his gimmick slightly, so that'll be interesting to see.

Ziggler makes me lol, but he could be a superstar.
He's entertaining and has a good chemistry with Morrison. I think he's certainly got the talent and his gimmick seems good too (almost a Mr Perfect kinda thing)

And they have changed the F-U, and are now officially calling it the "Attitude Adjustment".
Yeah well that's part of their whole attempt to be PG...

Treeconator11

Ultranumb
3 of the best superstars ever ( Randy Orton, Ted DiBiase, and Cody Roads) getting there asses handed to them by a merely decent wrestler (John Cena) over and over again every week.

-Raiga-

Wrestling is such a girly sport. If that's even what it is (a sport).

Har har har, your so incredibly witty and creative. A sport is anything that makes you physically active and that is a game with set rules. Guess what, acting or not thats what wrestling is. By the way, thanks for putting "a sport" in parenthesis, I couldn't have figured out what you meant otherwise...

Homosexual would be my choice of words. Oiled up, sweaty men wearing nothing but tights while touching eachother and putting eachother into compromising positions, complete with well timed moans and groans.

Three cheers for more ignorant people! If you actually decided to read the rest of the thread, you would realize I just explained this in my last post. Almost any sport has either oily or sweaty men touching each other(basketball, football, MMA, the list goes on), so your point is...?

Now on to the people with comments who actually know what they are talking about.

Definitely, and Orton is by far the superior wrestler (despite the fact his title runs have almost always made him out to be a lot weaker and less talented then he really is).

I have to be honest in saying that I don't think people give Cena enough credit. The majority of the wrestling he does he does good, and I personally think its more WWE pushing him to do only the selection of moves he does in each match. If you look at his "I quit" match with JBL it shows he is very capable, and certainly he can get it done on the microphone better than many people.

Me too, as opposed to be being the spot-monkey at every MitB ladder match each year.
Hhmm, well I think the Gold-Standard is pry a gimmick that works better for a heel then a face so yeah it should be dropped.

Sheltons one of my favorite wrestlers(and I think J.R. calling him possibly the best pure athlete may not be far off), and I think he does still have what it takes to be as good of a champion on ECW as Matt Hardy was, but I think WWE really dropped the ball with him when he was in his absolute prime with charlie haas.

LOL well it seems like they're changing his gimmick slightly, so that'll be interesting to see.

Which is probably for the better. There is no doubt in my mind he needed to get the jamaican gimmick when he started(as he has came a long way since he started in both promos and wrestling). However I also though that Kofi had what it took to be the next rock or cena, and if they manage to get both Randy over as heel while getting Kofi over to the main event scene right now I think he has that opportunity.

I myself am one of the few who like the idea of the Guest hosts, its just too bad they are handling it in the wrong way. Certainly hosts who have nothing to do with wrestling or even remotely watch it doesn't help. But I think the problem is that people watch wrestling to get into the storylines and forget about what else is going on. Then once someone from the real world comes in it sort of ruins what they had going. However thats just my personal opinion.