1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by tyranitar305, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Platinum fan.

Platinum fan. RetiredPokemonMaster

It's almost here. The end of Brock Lesnar's Universal Title run. I'm so excited. Not crazy about a Roman Reigns title run but at least we'll get the belt in actual real feuds very soon. Almost time to celebrate. But on another note this mania has like no matches I really care about. I don't want to see Cena vs Undertaker, it's too late for this feud to have any meaning and the buildup of Cena calling/begging Undertaker every week makes me cringe. I'm already sick of Ronda and she hasn't even wrestled yet. Talk about kissing someones backside. Really the only big match that has me interested is the WWE title picture and that's mainly because AJ Styles is like perfect. If Daniel Bryan has a match too then I'll be excited about that one.

Edit: As for the Ultimate Deletion, I enjoyed it for what it was. Maybe now Bray will get repackaged.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  2. Laser Shuckle

Laser Shuckle Well-Known Member

We get it... You can't wait for Lesnar to drop the belt. Jeez. Who would of thought getting excited over nothing could be so.... exciting. (We all know Reigns will do nothing with the title >_>)

Anyway I decided to skim through Raw (Woken Matt) and this Cena/Taker angle is just sad/hilarious. Cena's like an old man yelling at his TV... What good does scolding someone every week who can't be bothered do for anyone involved? How does he even know Taker is listening? lol.. Undertaker really should've stayed retired and spared us this embarrassment of a "feud"

3. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Into the Shadows Staff Member Moderator

Man Elias is awesome lol. He's so over with the crowd as well. I'll walk with Elias any day!

I wish I could get excited for the Undertaker/Cena match, but the build up has been a joke. It could have been handled way better. I imagine Undertaker will finally show up next week, or maybe he won't show up until Wrestlemania. Who knows.

4. Det. Viper

Det. Viper That’s Detective Viper to you

Honestly I hope this match does not happen. Maybe two or three years ago but Undertaker needs to stay away. Coming back now taints his legacy. And he has one of the best and most prolific careers in WWE. As for Cena, calling out a presumably retired performer is just sad and it seems like he’s grabbing for strings that just do not exist. I mean, do we really want to see post-hip surgery ‘Taker facing the part time Face of the Company? I know I sure don’t. There is no benefit to this feud for either person.

5. -Raiga-

-Raiga- Well-Known Member

Well, Cena grasping at straws by calling out a retired wrestler just to selfishly get a spot at mania, is what the storyline is built around. And that much, I actually think was clever on WWE/Cena's part for the storyline.

Anyways, two or three years? Heck no. Even if we chalk his concussed performance against Brock up as a freak accident, he was clearly broken down in his match the following year with Bray already. There's no ifs , ands, or buts about it, they should have face off immediately after the Taker/Shawn duo was over. But of course unfortunately HHH had to slot himself into that position not once but twice, and waste Taker's last few prime years just so he could try and pretend he was anywhere on the level of Shawn.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  6. Laser Shuckle

Laser Shuckle Well-Known Member

It would be clever if it led to an actual Cena heel turn. Instead it's just another half baked storyline where Cena acts heelish because why not.

Maybe in a vacuum it's fine, but I hate how WWE/Cena thinks they can have their cake and eat it too with angles like this. Now they're doing the same with Reigns.. Where he's a heel one week and a face the next. Just pick one and stick with it or actually turn him heel for once! As is nobody is buying that Cena is in danger of missing mania or that this angle will lead to anything for anyone involved.

Just look at Ultimate Deletion. Why did it work? Because they went all the way with Matt's character.. For once even just for one week I was invested in Mr. midcard pariah Bray Wyatt. Before that this feud was a complete trainwreck, much like how Cena vs Taker has been because Cena will act like a complete a$$hat yelling and berating a retired old man who isn't around anymore and then he'll be preaching respect the next week or hosting the kid's choice awards the next day or whatever.

7. Platinum fan.

Before I give my two cents on Cena vs Undertaker I'm delighted to say the previous night Becky Lynch wrestled twice and won both her matches. Finally WWE is giving respect to their best.

Now onto the Cena vs Taker match. It's just too late for it. I still think he should have ended it with the "End of a era" feud. What's the point of Undertaker vs John Cena now? It doesn't matter if Taker beats Cena and vice versa now. I'm curious back in the day did anyone want to see Stone Cold or Rock fight Undertaker at Wrestlemania? Because those are also two big names that never faced him at mania either.

8. -Raiga-

Thing is, the Streak really only became a focal point at mania around 2003, when Orton challenged Taker and acknowledged that it was a thing. And around that time is when Austin and Rock left the company.

Now its not to say they needed the streak for people to want to see that match, but considering how much at least Austin already faced Taker at other PPVs, I doubt it was anything of extraordinary interest.

9. Det. Viper

Det. Viper That’s Detective Viper to you

This year they scheduled WrestleMania to actually be 7 hours total. 2 hours of preshow and then 5 hours for the event. 5pm-12am EST. I remember last year it being a chore to just will myself to watch the entire show. I’m also not so sure how they expect to draw us in with the 7 hours of programming without people getting bored. With Friday’s Hall of Fame through Tuesday’s SmackDown they already have huge amounts of television time to fill in. In no way way am I saying that I am not excited for WrestleMania because I am but that is way too much time for one single television program.

However with a card stacked with two great Women’s Championship matches, Styles vs Nakamura, the cruiserweight championship match, Rousey’s professional wrestling debut, and Daniel Bryan’s return on the card they have a real opportunity to pull this off and truly make this one of the best WrestleMania’s ever.

10. -Raiga-

I never really understood the criticism toward PPV's or Raw's length, because no where is it said that they expect you to watch all of it. I think people are locked into thinking that, because wrestling has been produced as TV shows in the past, that's the way it always will be. When in reality, WWE is showing that they can transition it into an "experience", where at almost any minute of the day, there is something wrestling related being produced for you to watch if you want it.

And that's why if you do say, miss the last hour of raw, or the pre-show of mania, all the stories are succinctly recapped anywhere and everywhere. YouTube, WWE.com, their network, etc. . It's actually a nice system imo. Outside of burning out the crowd that's actually at the event, that is.

Anyways yeah, strictly from a "match quality" perspective, this Mania could very well be the most stacked card they've ever assembled(probably in large part thanks to how many matches the 7 hours gives them...). But that is strictly match quality, as I'd say the opposite is also true, in that star power wise and creative wise this has been one of the worst built up Manias. Brock vs. Roman has got to be one of the least buzz generating main events for Mania I've seen. It doesn't even have the fan revolt factor that HHH/Roman had. It's just utter disinterest for most fans.

11. Hunter Zolomon

I would love to see Undertaker return as the American Bad A*s at Wrestlemania. I mean, I'm assuming he will confront John Cena at Wrestlemania.

12. Platinum fan.

I want to say I hope Becky Lynch wins the women's Andre the Giant thing but she probably won't. WWE just want to hold her down for whatever reason. As far as mania goes I'm so not interested in it. I'm looking more forward to the night after mania then the event itself. Cena vs Taker is similar to Wyatt's feud with him where one person is carrying the feud. Boring.

13. KrayzieBuddha

KrayzieBuddha 英雄豪傑

Michael Cole will be like, "did you guys know that we're just a day away from the grandest stage of them all, Wrestlemania?"

14. Lord Trollbias

Lord Trollbias Y'all Salty Bishes

Wrestlemania lost and its not even Sunday yet. What a Takeover. Just amazing.
    Ladder Match was brutal, fun, exciting and Adam Cole Bay Bay winning is good.
    Women's match was solid, kinda slow for the first half but then picked up immensely for the second half. Baszler popping her shoulder back in, Ember not tapping, Eclipse on the outside, etc... Good stuff.
    Tag Match was good. Solid stuff. Kyle O'Reily put in a hero's performance with him essentially being solo, AOP were fun as always and Strong and Dunne are always good. And THAT HEEL TURN at the end. Brilliant.
    NXT Title Match was fantastic. And I love the storytelling, Black having to survive Almas AND Vega with Vega getting greedier and more desperate with her attacks and her greed ends up costing them. Brilliant.
    Gargano/Ciampa...well. Just go watch it because words can't describe it. If you thought Gargano/Almas was good...well holy **** you're in for a treat.
    NXT TakeOver NOLA 10/10. Good luck Wrestlemania because you'll need it.

Hunter Zolomon likes this.
  15. -Raiga-

I'll probably get flack for this, but I thought the ladder match was terrible. Which, is disappointing as it was what I watched the event for.

The match was the sum total of everything the old timers complain about. Completely pointless spots, with no attempt at telling a story. I was just facepalming when Velveteen and Ricochet were struggling for like half a minute to blatantly set up the idiotic "one ladder gets stuck in another ladder so we can walk on it" spot. Only for Velveteen to lose his balance about 5 times before performing one of the sloppiest and most dangerous death valley drivers I've seen. Just plain stupid. And to top it off, half the insane spots these guys are killing their bodies for, are **** we've already seen. How many times do we need to see the ladder bent in half spot?

Just a shame, considering that a member of the match, Adam Cole, just had one of the best laid out hardcore matches of the modern era with Aleister Black last takeover. One that very carefully restrained the use of many weapons(in the fact the story going into it was that Aleister didn't need weapons to begin with), and as a result, the one big spot they did near the end for the finish, actually mattered.

Anyways, I haven't seen the rest of the show yet, but I plan on doing so and can't wait to see Gargano/Ciampa.

16. Hunter Zolomon

I was blown away by the Gargano/Ciampa match. What an amazing match! The build up to that match was so well done. What a match!

17. CyberBlaziken

CyberBlaziken A Greater Evil

I am so glad there wasn't a bs cash-in to end that match on a bitter note.

18. -Raiga-

Don't mind me, I'm just here to swim in Platinum Fan's tears after that main event.

Platinum fan. and Laser Shuckle like this.
  19. KrayzieBuddha

KrayzieBuddha 英雄豪傑

This year Wrestlemania was pretty unpredictable. Asuka streak ended, Shinsuke Nakamura turned heel by low blowing AJ Styles, and Brock Lesnar retains the Universal Title.

20. Lord Trollbias

Lord Trollbias Y'all Salty Bishes

One of the best Mania cards of all times...and WWE **** it up. Wow. I'm actually impressed at the level of incompetency it takes. Mixed Tag or Shane/Bryan v. KO/Zayn may honestly have a case for MOTN (though IC Title probably takes it). Both Women's matches were decent as was the WWE Title match but it was just that...decent.
    US Title match was ehh and Jinder winning was....
    SD Tag Match could have been better but WWE wanted a squash
    RAW Tag Match was disappointing AF. Yeah it was funny and I felt happy for Nicholas but really? And the less said about Brock/Roman the better.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018