• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

-Raiga-

While I certainly must admit I was blown away by how solid the Mixed Gender Tag match was, I'm going to pick an extreme dark horse match, and say I liked Bliss/Jax the most.

For what it lacked in star ratings, it made up for by being easily the best story told throughout the night, and produced one of the last feel good moments on the main roster I can remember in forever.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt as a tag team. I’m actually interested in seeing this tag team. I thought Bray Wyatt was going to get repackaged, but apparently not.

I liked the Cruiserweight Championship match. I enjoyed the high flying action. Cedrick Alexander and Mustafa Ali put on a good match. I love watching high flyers, and I’m a big fan of technical wrestling.

I wasn’t expecting Naomi to win the Wrestlemania Women’s Battle Royal. Sasha Banks and Bayley will end up having a pretty heated rivalry. I thought for sure one of them would win the Women’s Battle Royal.

Seth Rollins versus Finn Balor versus the Miz was a good match. I had a great feeling that they would deliver a good match and they did. I enjoyed the action. I’m glad that Seth won since he’s one of my favorites in the company. I can’t wait to see him and Aj Styles cross paths. They will put on a show.

Asuka vs Charlotte was a good match. I didn’t think Asuka would tap out, though. I was very surprised. I thought Asuka would win the belt, and then I was expecting Carmella to cash in. Well, WWE fooled me.

The United States Championship match could have been better. I had a feeling Jinder was going to win. Honestly, I’ve tried giving Jinder a chance, but I just can’t get into his gimmick.

The mixed tag team match was solid. I had low expectations for the match, but it was a tad bit better than I was expecting. I loved seeing Kurt Angle back in his Olympic attire. I’m a Kurt Angle fan. His match with Brock Lesnar at Summerslam 2003 is one of my favorite matches. I wish we could get that Kurt Angle back, but age is catching up to him. It happens.

The tag team matches were meh. I’m glad that the Bludgeon Brothers won the SmackDown Tag Team Titles, though.

I’m happy for the kid, but WWE blew a big opportunity here. I would have loved to see a surprise wrestler show up and team up with Strowman.

Undertaker versus John Cena was a very short match. John Cena definitely jobbed out to Undertaker, and I’m fine with that. Brock Lesnar had no business breaking the *ucking streak, and Roman Reigns had no business defeating Undertaker last year at Wrestlemania 33. It was nice to see Undertaker win especially after last year’s sh*t show. If that was Undertakers final match I can live with that.

Daniel Bryan and Shane versus Kevin Owens and Sammy Zayne could have been way better. It was a solid match at best. It was nothing spectacular.

Alexa Bliss vs Nia Jax was decent. I do remember taking my first bathroom break during this match, though.

Aj Styles versus Shinsuke was the best match of the night. I still like the match they had at Wrestle Kingdom 10 more, but it was still a good match. The crowd seemed dead during the match, but it also doesn’t help that Wrestlemania is 7 hours long.

Brock Lesnar versus Roman Reigns was a snooze fest in my opinion. How many times did Roman kick out of the F-5? My god that match was boring. I wasn’t expecting Brock to win, though. Hopefully he drops the belt to someone else not named Roman Reigns.

This Wrestlemania wasn’t a dumpster fire, I enjoyed it for the most part, but so much could have been done better in my opinion. Hopefully next year at Wrestlemania 35 Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns aren’t in the main event facing each other.

Also, the commentating was mediocre. The commentating is not as bad as it is in the WWE 2k Video Games, though. However, it's still pretty damn bad. I wish Jim Ross would work full time as a commentator again.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt as a tag team. I’m actually interested in seeing this tag team. I thought Bray Wyatt was going to get repackaged, but apparently not.

I liked the Cruiserweight Championship match. I enjoyed the high flying action. Cedrick Alexander and Mustafa Ali put on a good match. I love watching high flyers, and I’m a big fan of technical wrestling.

I wasn’t expecting Naomi to win the Wrestlemania Women’s Battle Royal. Sasha Banks and Bayley will end up having a pretty heated rivalry. I thought for sure one of them would win the Women’s Battle Royal.

Seth Rollins versus Finn Balor versus the Miz was a good match. I had a great feeling that they would deliver a good match and they did. I enjoyed the action. I’m glad that Seth won since he’s one of my favorites in the company. I can’t wait to see him and Aj Styles cross paths. They will put on a show.

Asuka vs Charlotte was a good match. I didn’t think Asuka would tap out, though. I was very surprised. I thought Asuka would win the belt, and then I was expecting Carmella to cash in. Well, WWE fooled me.

The United States Championship match could have been better. I had a feeling Jinder was going to win. Honestly, I’ve tried giving Jinder a chance, but I just can’t get into his gimmick.

The mixed tag team match was solid. I had low expectations for the match, but it was a tad bit better than I was expecting. I loved seeing Kurt Angle back in his Olympic attire. I’m a Kurt Angle fan. His match with Brock Lesnar at Summerslam 2003 is one of my favorite matches. I wish we could get that Kurt Angle back, but age is catching up to him. It happens.

The tag team matches were meh. I’m glad that the Bludgeon Brothers won the SmackDown Tag Team Titles, though.

I’m happy for the kid, but WWE blew a big opportunity here. I would have loved to see a surprise wrestler show up and team up with Strowman.

Undertaker versus John Cena was a very short match. John Cena definitely jobbed out to Undertaker, and I’m fine with that. Brock Lesnar had no business breaking the *ucking streak, and Roman Reigns had no business defeating Undertaker last year at Wrestlemania 33. It was nice to see Undertaker win especially after last year’s sh*t show. If that was Undertakers final match I can live with that.

Daniel Bryan and Shane versus Kevin Owens and Sammy Zayne could have been way better. It was a solid match at best. It was nothing spectacular.

Alexa Bliss vs Nia Jax was decent. I do remember taking my first bathroom break during this match, though.

Aj Styles versus Shinsuke was the best match of the night. I still like the match they had at Wrestle Kingdom 10 more, but it was still a good match. The crowd seemed dead during the match, but it also doesn’t help that Wrestlemania is 7 hours long.

Brock Lesnar versus Roman Reigns was a snooze fest in my opinion. How many times did Roman kick out of the F-5? My god that match was boring. I wasn’t expecting Brock to win, though. Hopefully he drops the belt to someone else not named Roman Reigns.

This Wrestlemania wasn’t a dumpster fire, I enjoyed it for the most part, but so much could have been done better in my opinion. Hopefully next year at Wrestlemania 35 Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns aren’t in the main event facing each other.

Also, the commentating was mediocre. The commentating is not as bad as it is in the WWE 2k Video Games, though. However, it's still pretty damn bad. I wish Jim Ross would work full time as a commentator again.

I didn't see the pre-show and I missed majority of the IC title match (heard good stuff about it). To be honest I was pretty sleeping at least half of the cards. I still prefer the WK match of Styles/Nakamura and I'm sure the majority of fans agrees. But as expected of them throwing stiff strikes at each other and what I didn't expect was Nakamura turning heel after the match.
bHDDpx

Last edited:

Laser Shuckle

Anyone want to say a few words for platinum fan? Dude's gotta be taking this hard. I sincerely hope he can come back from this and continue posting here.

Last edited:

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
On a side note, a buddy of mine caught a botch moment by WWE

https://ibb.co/bHDDpx

N A N I ! ? AJ Styles walking in as the new Universal Champion!?

After staying up until 5am to watch this blasted thing and getting a few hours of sleep, I think it’s time I throw my hat into the ring (and totally fight alongside it as a tag team partner) for my opinion on Wrestlemania.

Preshow - if I’m really honest I had quite a lot of fun with all of the preshow matches. The men’s Battle Royal was pretty fun with the Bray Wyatt return (not to mention, R-Truth is back!) and they at least let Dolph Ziggler have a better way to go than Mojo freakin Rawley this time. The Women’s Battle Royal was nothing too special but I found it pretty fun, I just wish they had gotten rid of the Riott Squad sooner and let Becky stay in longer. The cruiserweights took the cake for the Preshow though, I love both Mustafa Ali and Cedric Alexander and they really did put on a great match.

Onto the main card.... (maybe not in full order, I’m still really tired)

IC Title Match: one of the better matches of the night. All three guys know how to work in that ring, they put on a flat out great match and I found it fun to watch.
Smackdown Women’s Title Match: both Charlotte and Asuka are amazing wrestlers so of course this was gonna be good, and I gotta say that while I was not expecting the streak to break, I do think it was a pretty good choice!
US Title Match: Jinder Mahal can go die in a fire. Not in real life. Just kayfabe.
Mixed Tag Match: some of the spots were a bit underwhelming, but for her first WWE Match Ronda put up a good fight and I’m always happy to see Kurt in the ring. This one was pretty meh but I found it entertaining at some spots so that’s fine.
Smackdown Tag Titles Match: I kinda lost focus a little here but this match was ok. Nothing special, but I’m hapoy with how it went. The spot at the end where everyone was trying to get each other off the top rope until Erick Rowan showed up was pretty neat too.
John vs Undertaker: I don’t even care that it was a squash, that intro with the Undertaker had me in tears. By far my favourite segment, and Elias is also entertaining as ever.
Shane & Daniel vs Kevin & Sami: Daniel’s back and he’s awesome. I would’ve probably cared much less about this match if Daniel wasn’t there otherwise.
Raw Women’s Title Match: Nia’s always cool, this match was really good. Gotta give a mention to Alexa, she really does know how to put over face talent.
WWE World Title Match: this was a great match , but I think I’m still processing the ending. Shinsuke, a heel? How does that even work? I’m gonna wait until I’m not tired as hell to make a verdict there.
Raw Tag Titles Match: it was a very cute segment and all, but I think I would’ve rather seen an actual wrestler instead of, y’know, a child...
Universal Title Match: there’s is no way in hell this was the intended outcome. The setup, the match itself for a good portion of it, even the aftermath. Roman was meant to win, there couldn’t have been any other outcome. After the match, Brock and Paul left really quickly, and there weren’t any of the traditional fireworks they usually set off. Not to mention, the match itself just made me incredibly uncomfortable. The ending basically made the match turn out to be what felt like a squash, with a guy getting attacked and attacked over and over again to the point where blood had poured all over his face, and then he just loses. This was the match I liked the least by far - and if it beats Jinder winning the US Title, then you know something’s bad.

So yeah, by no means was Wrestlemania a bad show - I enjoyed quite a few of the matches and cried when the Undertaker showed up - but some things just made the whole experience feel strange to me. All I can think of is what the Universal Title is gonna do now that Brock still has it...

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
I didn't get to watch it live but since I ended up missing the bus for classes anyway, I probably should have but w/e I caught up in the morning sooooooo

Weird as hell show, kinda like 32 where the focus on most aspects was more on the moments and shock value than anything else. Although with that said, the first half of the show and some of the stuff on the second still completely shits all over 32. Really not my kind of show, but whatever. At least I have Takeover if I actually want a PPV filled with satisfying matches because that show was an all-timer for me.

My worst complaint though? Rusev got robbed. That is all.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Don't mind me, I'm just here to swim in Platinum Fan's tears after that main event.
I'm crying a river! I crying a ocean! Brock Lesnar is still the champion! My celebration has forever been ruined! If anyone sees some random loser crying hysterically on the streets today then that person is me. Screw you Roman Reigns for not giving me what I want. If you'll excuse me I need to continue to cry my river of tears.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I dont watch WWE much anymore, but i do read about it. and what i read was a mess.

No reason for Charlotte to have beatten Asuka. Carmella still hasnt cashed in her MitB. Pretty sure no one cares about Jinder Mahal.

Undertaker winning was good though. Shouldn't have had him lose to Lesnar or Reigns in the first place, if hes not going to retire.

-Raiga-

I dont watch WWE much anymore, but i do read about it. and what i read was a mess.

Well then you read wrong. The show was pretty simple, the first half was absolutely stellar, the start of the second half was good, and the end of the second half was plain bad.

I would easily put it at a 7/10, and on the upper end of WM's overall.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
More on my disappointments at mania. I'm sad Becky didn't win the women battle thing, but I'm happy for Naomi. She's come a long way since being a funkadactyl with Brodus Clay. Still Becky deserves something. And poor Rusev Day. But nothing disappointed me more then Roman Reigns. I am now officially against Roman Reigns. He better not win the belt from Lesnar now. He's a failure and he doesn't deserve that belt now. I boo at you, Roman Reigns!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
So we had some returns tonight on Raw.
Bobby Lashley, Jeff Hardy, and Somoa Joe

We also had some debuts.
Ember Moon, Authors of Pain, No Way Jose

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wish Roman had won the belt at Wrestlemania. I'm not even a Roman fan, but I'm so sick and damn tired of not seeing the Universal Champion on Raw. If Brock would actually show up every week I would be fine with him being champion, but he's a part timer. I'm a huge Goldberg fan, he's one of my childhood favorites, but Kevin Owens was the last one to make the Univeral Championship relevant. Nobody cares about that championship because the champion never shows up on Raw. It's the truth.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I heard on Raw that Brock signed a new contract. So, he will probably have the Title until that expires.

If he loses the Universal Title, there really isn't much for him to do.

-Raiga-

Kevin Owen's Universal title run and "relevant" don't belong in the same sentence.

He did absolutely nothing the whole run, except get to play second fiddle to a 40 year old part timer talking about a clipboard.

The Mega Champion

Welp... since your all a bunch of moronic idiotic hypocrites...

There's pretty much only one option left at this point. Which is saying something coming from me, the only true Roman Reigns supporter.

#RomanReigns4SmackDown

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Well then you read wrong. The show was pretty simple, the first half was absolutely stellar, the start of the second half was good, and the end of the second half was plain bad.

I would easily put it at a 7/10, and on the upper end of WM's overall.

Maybe not a mess, but 5/10. some of it sounded ok, but the stuff i mentioned wasn't great. Plus Strowman having to give up the titles the day after made that pointless as well.

Last nights raw was way better IMO. Especially with all the returns, Lashley was one of my favorites way back when.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
They need to do something when it comes to the Universal Title. That's all I know. The belt is completely useless right now. Having a part timer as champion that just comes and goes as he pleases doesn't help the cause. Goldberg beating Kevin Owens was a big mistake. While Kevin's run as Universal Champion wasn't the best, it had potential to be a great run. However, the run got thwarted. We see Brock maybe once a month for a Pay Per View and that's about it. In my eyes, he hasn't done anything good for the Universal Title at all.

Yay! We get to see Brock Lesnar versus Roman Reings at the Greatest Royal Rumble in a Steel Cage match. Hopefully Reigns wins, and hopefully he drops the belt to someone else. I'm sure Lesnar will retain, though. The WWE has to milk out this Lesnar title reign for another year, so they can have Lesnar versus Reigns at WrestleMania 35 next year....

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
They need to do something when it comes to the Universal Title. That's all I know. The belt is completely useless right now. Having a part timer as champion that just comes and goes as he pleases doesn't help the cause. Goldberg beating Kevin Owens was a big mistake. While Kevin's run as Universal Champion wasn't the best, it had potential to be a great run. However, the run got thwarted. We see Brock maybe once a month for a Pay Per View and that's about it. In my eyes, he hasn't done anything good for the Universal Title at all.

Yay! We get to see Brock Lesnar versus Roman Reings at the Greatest Royal Rumble in a Steel Cage match. Hopefully Reigns wins, and hopefully he drops the belt to someone else. I'm sure Lesnar will retain, though. The WWE has to milk out this Lesnar title reign for another year, so they can have Lesnar versus Reigns at WrestleMania 35 next year....

If Roman Reigns loses again at the Greatest Royal Rumble, Bobby Lashley will probably have a crack at the Universal Champion.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
F-a-b-u-l-o-u-s! Shut up Bryon! This is Carmella's night! What a cash in! Carmella is the new Smackdown women's champion. It was a long time coming but what a pay off. Carmella milked that victory and rubbed it in Charlotte's face. It was such a great heel move. This put a smile on my face after that loser Reigns ruined my mania celebration by being a failure. Thank you Carmella for the entertaining cash in. One of my new favorite cash ins.