1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Official WWE Thread, Brother!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by tyranitar305, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Lord Trollbias

Lord Trollbias Y'all Salty Bishes

Nakamura's new theme is fire.

2. KrayzieBuddha

KrayzieBuddha 英雄豪傑

Probably because they don't want the fans to sing along since he turned heel. But the fans will sing along anyways lol.

I think Smackdown Live won over me this week.

3. Josef Stylin

Josef Stylin I want to die

Both shows weren't anything above average considering we're still in the post shakeup season where nothing happens. With that in mind, Cass' promo last night was probably the best segment of the week and the closest I got to caring about him as a singles guy.

Prolly would have helped if he stayed away from the generic "you all suck he's small and I'm big" heel talk but at the same time there was some good stuff in there, like him talking about being bullied because late growth and how they got cleared in the same day and he got completely overshadowed was really good and ((kinda)) justified heels are one of my favorite tropes in wrestling.

4. The Mega Champion

The Mega Champion Well-Known Member

Since the WWE hypocrites seem to have given up on Roman Reigns I have another potential idea.

If he loses again at the Middle East event this week have Samoa Joe win the IC title in the ladder match at said Middle East event and then have Roman win the IC title from Joe at Backlash.

Or have him work with Jinder Mahal for the U.S. Title by having him win the title back from Jeff Hardy also at said Middle East event and then eventually winning back the U.S. Title from Jinder.

Then just have Roman work the mid-card until WWE decides to stop being hypocrites (which will be never).

Then the rest of you hypocrites can salivate when TNA Ship-Jumper #7 (Bobby Lashley) wins the Universal Title from the Lazy-Ass Part Timer at 'whenever-the-hell-they-decide-to-do-that'

There you go.

5. KrayzieBuddha

KrayzieBuddha 英雄豪傑

What are you talking about? Meekmahan and the monkeys in the back hasn't given up on Roman Reigns as they're still building him as the new face of the company (which is failing miserably). Just be glad Roman is getting handed another title opportunity for this Friday.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  6. Shinsuke’s new theme is great. I couldn’t sing along to it but damn it might as well be better than his last one.

Overall I actually really liked this week. Sure it wasn’t amazing, but it had its moments. They’re really working well with the new feud opportunities imo, and making Chad Gable, Shelton Benjamin and Big Cass all come out from the lower midcard tag division was a great idea since they can work with what they’ve got really well.

7. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Into the Shadows Staff Member Moderator

Shinsukes new theme is amazing. It really suits him, especially as a heel.

8. Pikasaur

Pikasaur Putting up a Fight

Well Lashley was technically in WWE first, but whatever.

Won the WWECW Title way back when. Helped shave Mr Mcmahon Bald at one point as well.

Lord Trollbias likes this.
  9. So the Greatest Royal Rumble happened, and it was... mostly a good PPV, but Brock somehow still has the Universal Title - although this time it’s even weirder. The rundown was that Roman speared Brock into the cage and that part broke. The two both land on the Steel caging that’s fallen off, and Roman is the first to get off the caging and both his feet hit the floor first. The bell rings, there’s a lot of confusion and then the ring announcer calls that Brock won because his body was the first to leave the cage. Michael Cole actually pointed out that it’s not just who leaves first, but whose feet hit the floor first, which makes the whole situation weird. Brock’s abck touched th floor through the caging but Roman basically had the advantage and he fitted the winning criteria first, so... I dunno.

The Royal Rumble itself was great though. I found Braun winning a little stale but other than that it was really entertaining. I may or may not have cried a little over Jericho making his WWE in-ring return because it’s the first time I’ve been able to watch him fight live since I only got into wrestling in August, so... yeah. Titus O’Neil got spot of the night by far.

10. KrayzieBuddha

KrayzieBuddha 英雄豪傑

The GREATEST Royal Rumble Results:
    • John Cena defeated The Man with 3-Hs (Triple H)
    • Cedric Alexander beat Kalisto retaining the Cruiserweight title
    • Bray Wyatt and Woken Matt Hardy defeated the Bar to become the new Raw Tag Team Champions
    • Brother Nero (Jeff Hardy) beat Jinder Mahal retaining the US Championship
    • The Bludgeon Brothers beat The Usos to retain the Smackdown Tag Team Titles
    • Seth Rollins wins the Fatal 4 Way Ladder match to retain the IC Title
    • AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura ends in a Double Count Out (AJ Styles retains the WWE Championship)
    • The Undertaker defeated Rusev in a casket match
    • Brock Lesnar defeated Roman Reigns in a Cage Match
    • Braun Strowman wins the GREATEST Royal Rumble match

11. Josef Stylin

Josef Stylin I want to die

Highlights were Titus falling under the ring and a Saudi Arabia crowd yelling "burn it down"

12. -Raiga-

-Raiga- Well-Known Member

I don't see how WWE actually doing coherent booking is "stale". Braun is billed and showcased as THE monster of WWE, so there's no reason he wouldn't win. The announcers even set the rumble up as "It's Strowman's to lose, not somebody elses to win".

And I for one am thankful to see that. Considering months of idiotic booking, where he'll dominate 90% of a match with Lesnar or Reigns in it, and then randomly lose to finishers that weren't affecting him but a minute ago.

Anyways, thank you's are in order. Specifically, thank you Titus. For years I have had trouble getting across to people JUST how terrible you are in the ring, but no more! You have given us a screengrab that sums up your technical ability better than any artists could capture.

13. Pikasaur

I have a bad feeling the end of Reigns vs Lesner means they will face each other at least one more time. Its seriously getting old.

Would've been funny if Titus O'neil stayed under the ring until Strowman left and "stole" the GRR.

14. Det. Viper

Det. Viper That’s Detective Viper to you

Matt Hardy clarified what happened with Titus O’Neal. Tattered Titus was just looking for the portal to the Hardy Compound that was located underneath the ring. Once he confirmed it was there he entered the match. Glad we could put this one to rest.

15. Platinum fan.

Platinum fan. RetiredPokemonMaster

Who's excited for Backlash? I am...not excited very much. Not much hype went into this Backlash but I suppose all that was used on the Greatest Royal Rumble. I only want to see Samoa Joe destroy Roman Reigns. I'm still bitter, Reigns ruined my Wrestlemania party because he didn't win. I want to see him defeated as punishment.

16. KrayzieBuddha

KrayzieBuddha 英雄豪傑

2018 Backlash Results:

• Seth Rollins successfully defends his IC title against the Miz
    • Nia Jax retains the Raw's Women title against Alexa Bliss
    • Jeff Hardy retains his US Champion against Randy Orton
    • Daniel Bryan beats Big Cass by submission
    • Carmella defeated Charolette to retain the Smackdown's Women title
    • AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura ended in a draw. AJ still retains the WWE Title (another crappy ending.)
    • Braun Strowman and Bobby Lashley defeated KO and Sami Zayn in a tag match
    • Roman Reigns defeated Samoa Joe (Still don't know why this is the main event.)

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  17. Pikasaur

Reigns vs Joe was pointless. They are on seperate shows now, so it's not like they can even feud outside of PPV.

Heard everyone was booing, Chanting random things, and leaving the arena during the match.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  18. -Raiga-

-Raiga- Well-Known Member

Backlash is the first WWE PPV I skipped in at least over a year, and it looks like I made the right call.

Incredibly ironic how the first co-branded PPV had quite possibly the least amount of starpower and compelling storylines.

19. KrayzieBuddha

KrayzieBuddha 英雄豪傑

Can't argue with you there I just read the results and highlights lol. Backlash is already considered to be the worst ppv of 2018 from people.

20. Det. Viper

Det. Viper That’s Detective Viper to you

It’s not that Backlash was bad. In fact, it was quite entertaining. The problem is that creatively it offered nothing. Two matches were Raw vs SmackDown which have no future, two were women’s title rematches, one was another draw in a championship match, and the rest was basically filler. No storylines were advanced and no new ones were created and that is the biggest issue with the event. Reigns losing and starting a PPV losing streak would be a good story, Styles finally putting Nakamura down would be a good story... but we got nothing and now we’re upset. Justifiably. At least Money in the Bank doesn’t disappoint.