• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

I’d call Backlash the weakest PPV yet of this year, but to me that doesn’t make it inherently bad - this year just happened to start strong. I’d agree in that it’s weak because no storylines were furthered, but that didn’t stop some of the matches from being incredibly good. The kickoff matchup between Seth and Miz was amazing, and before the end result the Shinsuke vs AJ match was great too. I don’t quite understand why but the Elias vs the jobbers and lower midcard segment made me laugh a ton so yeah. Overall I think it was a mediocre PPV, but it still had its moments.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Smackdown has turned Becky Lynch into a big fat loser! She loses nearly every match she's in unless they pair her with Charlotte Flair and even then Flair will get the pin. Why does WWE hate Becky? She lost to Mandy Rose. Mandy who? They barred Mandy's friend from ringside and she still beat Becky clean. I'm sick of how WWE treats Becky. It's not right and she deserves better. Losing to Mandy Rose...ugh.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Smackdown has turned Becky Lynch into a big fat loser! She loses nearly every match she's in unless they pair her with Charlotte Flair and even then Flair will get the pin. Why does WWE hate Becky? She lost to Mandy Rose. Mandy who? They barred Mandy's friend from ringside and she still beat Becky clean. I'm sick of how WWE treats Becky. It's not right and she deserves better. Losing to Mandy Rose...ugh.
Yeah I hear you and the way WWE been booking Becky lately... I may have to put the blame on Kevin Dunn, from what I've heard he doesn't like Becky's accent. That may not be the case but Kevin Dunn does have some creative control in WWE.

Last edited:

c1234

Trainer Since '98
I’d call Backlash the weakest PPV yet of this year, but to me that doesn’t make it inherently bad - this year just happened to start strong. I’d agree in that it’s weak because no storylines were furthered, but that didn’t stop some of the matches from being incredibly good. The kickoff matchup between Seth and Miz was amazing, and before the end result the Shinsuke vs AJ match was great too. I don’t quite understand why but the Elias vs the jobbers and lower midcard segment made me laugh a ton so yeah. Overall I think it was a mediocre PPV, but it still had its moments.

I fell asleep during the main event. I don't fully understand why that match went on last anyway.

I fell asleep during the main event. I don't fully understand why that match went on last anyway.

I can certainly agree on that one. I didn’t fall asleep but I went on my phone for most of it.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I can understand why you’d be mad that Lynch lost but this I can at least agree with. Rose/Deville are in a story with Paige trying to get respect on SmackDown. The best way to do that is to beat one of the best. I like Lynch and think she is one of the best athletes in WWE’s women’s division. She will be champion again one day. But I also see a huge future for Mandy Rose. I may be alone in this but I am a fan of hers and look forward to seeing what she brings to Tuesday nights.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I can understand why you’d be mad that Lynch lost but this I can at least agree with. Rose/Deville are in a story with Paige trying to get respect on SmackDown. The best way to do that is to beat one of the best. I like Lynch and think she is one of the best athletes in WWE’s women’s division. She will be champion again one day. But I also see a huge future for Mandy Rose. I may be alone in this but I am a fan of hers and look forward to seeing what she brings to Tuesday nights.

I don't hate Mandy Rose. I was just furious at the bad booking of Becky and just took it out on her, unfairly. I get they are trying to establish new characters for the women's division, but I still hate how Becky is treated. Between her losing the title in 2016, not getting another title chance, and losing to every up and coming heel, she just feels like a popular jobber now. Beating Becky Lynch doesn't even feel like a achievement because everyone has pinned her in the ring.

Edit: I personally love Becky's accent. And if that's why she's booked so poorly then WWE really does suck.

Last edited:

-Raiga-

Becky's accent is indeed cute, but it is VERY strong and actually muffles her otherwise very solid promo ability. So, I think it's a fair reason for not pushing someone in a company based in, and primarily promoting to, the United States. But, I also highly doubt Kevin Dunn has this one dimensional hatred of people paint him as having, considering all they're going off of is tiny bits of information about him that trickle out.(and it's not like a positive opinion of his is ever going to make the news)

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
Happy May 19th, lads. I hope you're not listening to anything else but Slow Chemical.

So tonight we’re gonna meet Bobby Lashley’s sisters.

My own sister and I were joking about it the previous week, so you can imagine our reaction when Sami said it’d be a thing. Let’s all expect them to come in with ropes, logs and heavy objects to beat someone up and tie them up with.

Edit: after it actually happened I am now incredibly disappointed and annoyed with WWE. It’s like we’ve gone straight back to the attitude era.

Last edited:

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Nice, Chris Jericho won the IWGP Intercontinental Championship from Naito and was definitely a shocker. Hopefully this isn't the end of their feud

In non-WWE news, Kenny Omega defeated Okada for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship making him the latest gaijin (foreigner) to hold the title since AJ Styles, the last gaijin to hold the IWGP Heavyweight Championship.

The Mega Champion

Before all of you whine and complain about another WWE PPV...

What did you all think about Stephanie McMahon being on Celebrity Undercover Boss?

To me it kind of felt like a PR stunt.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Spoiler:

No one in the crowd cared about the Roman/Jinder match. Every chant imaginable, the wave, beach balls.

It was wild.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Spoiler:

No one in the crowd cared about the Roman/Jinder match. Every chant imaginable, the wave, beach balls.

It was wild.
I didn’t watch that match so I missed that. I got up and decided to make a grilled cheese sandwich. I knew the sandwich wouldn’t disappoint me in a way that their match would.

Spoiler: The sandwich was delicious.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Spoiler:

It was wild.
As expected from the Chicago fans.

The Mega Champion

I don't get it. I seriously don't.

I don't understand why everyone 'loves' Braun Strowman, while at the same time, loathes and hates Roman Reigns like it's 'cool' 'hip' or whatever the clearly BS issue is.

But you assholes are clearly getting your wish. With Strowman winning MITB he's cashing in and winning and Roman is dead in the water.

Are you happy now? Good for you. I'M NOT.

I WILL NEVER STOP SUPPORTING REIGNS. BEING THE LONE REIGNS FAN IS ACTUALLY PERFECT. EVEN MORE SIMILARITIES TO MYSELF. EVEN MORE PERFECT.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
tbh I'm not too happy about Strowman winning either mostly because I wanted Miz to win it because I think that's the perfect way of getting him what I think would be a pretty well deserved title run, but also... does Braun really need MITB? He's probably the one guy that needs the least ammount of booking effort to get established as the "next in line".

Also meeeeeeeeeeeeh at Alexa, I'm so tired of her at this point. You could have done the exact same thing with Nattie and it'd be a far more satisfying conclusion to the match considering the part she played in the build-up.

Do you know what I'm glad about from this PPV? James Ellsworth being back. Dead serious, really happy for the dude getting his dream job back but also serving as enough of a satisfying conclusion to make me not care about Asuka losing, god bless him. Not to say that the PPV was bad or anything, but I didn't care about a lot from this card enough to be actually invested in it. Same with Takeover, actually.

Also, not WWE related, but meh at the G1 participants, I wanted Taichi shenanigans but instead we're getting Hangman Page smh. Seeing Jay White finally do something since winning the US title could be really fun tho.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
I WILL NEVER STOP SUPPORTING REIGNS. BEING THE LONE REIGNS FAN IS ACTUALLY PERFECT. EVEN MORE SIMILARITIES TO MYSELF. EVEN MORE PERFECT.

Here is a big fat LOLZ to you. I'm actually tearing up from reading this.