• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official WWE/AEW Thread, Brother!

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Seriously?

There are still people that haven't found out this "wrestling" is nothing but staged acts of pure unadulterated violence?

WWE isn't even real, people.

Prinplup

Super, super =D
Seriously?

There are still people that haven't found out this "wrestling" is nothing but staged acts of pure unadulterated violence?

We adore your post. You taught us something new. *Rolls eyes*

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
If I could keep watching it I would

Seriously?

Whether a person thinks it's real or not doesn't mean that they aren't allowed to like it.

Treeconator11

Ultranumb
Seriously?

Ya know, it's knida cOLD in here.

I have never once reffered to pro wrestling as a sport, I refered to it as entertainement. I know it's fake, but it's damn fun watching a bunch of people pretend to beat the crap out of each other, while protecting them, so they can do it again next week.

Scrible

It seems when something is just starting out, it's oddly amazing. But what a span of many years can do is beyond me.

Everything seems to follow this pattern. Original Family Guy fans are upset over the new turn of storyline. Wrestling use to have class. Cartoons use to be classic. Ah, it all ends one day.

#Gecko#

The Essential One
Well they do something right (Cena losing the belt to Sheamus) then they immediately retract it (Cena winning "superstar of the year"... seriously WWE get it through your head; RANDY ORTON IS YOUR BEST TALENT!!!) no wonder things are getting dull...
I too was happy when they took the belt from John Cena and then ****** off when he won Superstar of the Year. Out of those four competing for it, CM Punk should have won and get back to a feud with the Undertaker.

-Raiga-

Seriously?

Over 7/8's of the shows on T.V. aren't real, I suppose I can't watch those either huh? Part of the fun after figuring out wrestling is scripted is seeing who can perform their role the best, after all, if you notice its fake they are failing at their job.

I have never once reffered to pro wrestling as a sport, I refered to it as entertainement. I know it's fake, but it's damn fun watching a bunch of people pretend to beat the crap out of each other, while protecting them, so they can do it again next week.

Indeed. I don't think people really understand the training that goes into wrestling and the ridiculous schedules WWE wrestlers put up with. I guarantee that no one here myself very much included could never do what a lot of them do on a daily basis.

Well they do something right (Cena losing the belt to Sheamus) then they immediately retract it (Cena winning "superstar of the year"... seriously WWE get it through your head; RANDY ORTON IS YOUR BEST TALENT!!!) no wonder things are getting dull...

Its getting dull in you eyes because WWE isn't aiming for you right now, they're aiming for younger kids. Which is why Cena is wrestler of the year, because he brings in more cash for the company than anyone else times 4. Really, if your bored with wrestling right now its probably because I assume your mostly watch RAW. If you really want to just see some good wrestling watch Superstars, as its pretty much a full hour of wrestling with just some video packages every other comercial break.

It seems when something is just starting out, it's oddly amazing. But what a span of many years can do is beyond me.

Everything seems to follow this pattern. Original Family Guy fans are upset over the new turn of storyline. Wrestling use to have class. Cartoons use to be classic. Ah, it all ends one day.

Wow, you sound really stupid talking like you've watched the entire history of all these things and consider yourself higher than them. For one thing, you don't seem to know that pro wrestling has been around for around a hundred years. Same with your view on cartoons, nostalgia is clogging your brain, just because you liked the cartoons in your day doesn't mean that kids these days would like them. You don't seem to understand that things have to adapt to new times, and things won't always be what you want.

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbMWR4COOuM (Focus on the Jeff Hardy leg drop, not the music or advert)

You watch that and tell me it isn't a little bit real. I know it's scripted but it is scripted well to be honest and some of the wrestlers are great athletes (John Morrison etc.) hence why i still watch it. Although the lack of Gore makes it less appealing now!

Its getting dull in you eyes because WWE isn't aiming for you right now, they're aiming for younger kids. Which is why Cena is wrestler of the year, because he brings in more cash for the company than anyone else times 4. Really, if your bored with wrestling right now its probably because I assume your mostly watch RAW. If you really want to just see some good wrestling watch Superstars, as its pretty much a full hour of wrestling with just some video packages every other comercial break.

Instead of Superstars try watching Smackdown or ECW as SD! has been the best WWE show this year by a big margin

Last edited:

-Raiga-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbMWR4COOuM (Focus on the Jeff Hardy leg drop, not the music or advert)

You watch that and tell me it isn't a little bit real. I know it's scripted but it is scripted well to be honest and some of the wrestlers are great athletes (John Morrison etc.) hence why i still watch it. Although the lack of Gore makes it less appealing now!

Instead of Superstars try watching Smackdown or ECW as SD! has been the best WWE show this year by a big margin

I do watch Smackdown and ECW every week, but Superstars main event matches are almost always on the level of the best smackdown matches like edge vs. morrison and more recently the ziggler vs. morrison best of 3 falls match. They were especially good the past few weeks with slam master J and Jimmy Wang Yang vs. The hart dynasty and Jack swagger vs. MVP.

And I'm glad they have less gore, it makes it so wrestlers have to step up and do what they are paid to do, wrestle. Any idiot can get hit with a chair or jump off a ladder, but thats not talent, thats just being born with a body that can take that kind of punishment. Plus blood is really only good with people who are able to sell it well like Ric Flair and John Cena(see his I quit match with JBL for proof).

Night_Walker

Plus blood is really only good with people who are able to sell it well like Ric Flair and John Cena(see his I quit match with JBL for proof).

Orton, HBK and HHH are good at selling being busted open.

Til I see Cena opened up I'll doubt he can even sell being busted open and bleeding properly... Yeah I'll admit it: I really really don't like him. But the points about him being pushed too much for too long, and not being a good seller still stand.

NES

Flip me to the side!
I never felt attracted to all this "trash" talk, fake storyline and etc. I liked the show (wrestling) more, because it wasn't that bad to watch someone get slammed into a chair or something. The times it is well staged it is entertaining.

Now there is more silly, absurd stories that no one buys AND lame wrestling.

Oh yeah Cena sucks, i wonder why so much people like him, and this stupid thing he does with his hand.

Treeconator11

Ultranumb
I disagree with you NES. I can agree on the whole lame stories and stuff like that, but the wrestling have never gotten any worse, hell, It's gotten better. During the attitude era, it was mostly weapon attacks and cheap shots and stuff that shouldn't be recommend to anyone under 16.

Current wrestling now, while Raw is kinda bland, SD, ECW, ans Superstars feature some of the best wrestling ever.

And Cena is popular because WWE is a family product now, and he's family friendly, and he's popular to all those little kids that watch now. Just accept you grew up, and WWE isn't growing up with you.

Night_Walker

And Cena is popular because WWE is a family product now, and he's family friendly, and he's popular to all those little kids that watch now. Just accept you grew up, and WWE isn't growing up with you.

I'm sorry but why should the fact that kids like a one-dimensional character mean it's okay for the company to foist him on everyone else (I mean seriously listen to the crowd when he's introduced 70-80% of the audience boo him, goes down to like 60% in Cena friendly arenas but they're still mostly against him) when there are so many more talented wrestlers being overlooked?

Cause they don't just push him they make other guys out to be weak, cowardly and less talented then he is. The prime example being the man the company should be building itself around: "The Legend Killer" Randy Orton.

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!

Cause they don't just push him they make other guys out to be weak, cowardly and less talented then he is. The prime example being the man the company should be building itself around: "The Legend Killer" Randy Orton.

Dude, do you like bone off Randy Orton or something??? He's good at his job but WWE is now PG so Vince and co. want to push the company towards younger fans so they use John Cena to try and get them loads of (younger) fans . WWE is also pushing younger superstars now to make sure they've still got main eventers after Randy Orton and John Cena leave.

Last edited:

-Raiga-

I'm sorry but why should the fact that kids like a one-dimensional character mean it's okay for the company to foist him on everyone else (I mean seriously listen to the crowd when he's introduced 70-80% of the audience boo him, goes down to like 60% in Cena friendly arenas but they're still mostly against him) when there are so many more talented wrestlers being overlooked?

Man, its blatantly obvious you have NEVER been to a live show with cena there. Cena DESTROYS any one else in terms of popularity. I'll say that a decent amount of it is how WWE pushes cena, but there is no doubt in my mind that if it were up to him Cena is a good enough wrestler and certainly enough of a charasmatic wrestler to keep up the fanfare he has right now. And I don't think you understand, no matter what reaction you see or hear on television, its what products are selling that counts. In that case, I'm pretty sure WWE knows its sales better than you or I ever could.

Cause they don't just push him they make other guys out to be weak, cowardly and less talented then he is.

Then what do you want, every single person in the company to be completely equal? Every person wins and loses as much as the other? Evan bourne wins as much as the big show? No, even kids realize that certain people will be better than others, and if everyone is equal it will lead to complete boredom.

Not to mention your "less talented" comment was pretty much false. I'm pretty sure kids understand that John cena won't be doing a 450 splash anytime soon, they just treat it so the people with more "experience" have the knowledge to make up for the talent they don't have.

The prime example being the man the company should be building itself around: "The Legend Killer" Randy Orton.[/SIZE]

Wait, so you don't want to WWE to model itself after one person with your previous comments on john cena, but you do want them to with someone else(who would basically become what you said as if the company modeled itself after him he would have to look better than everyone else)?

WWE is also pushing younger superstars now to make sure they've still got main eventers after Randy Orton and John Cena leave.

Two things, one, they aren't pushing anybody in that respect besides Sheamus. Second, the new people they are getting right now are to replace HHH, shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Jericho, Batista, etc. Randy Orton and Cena are more part of the new superstars if anything. Sure they may be established already, but they are still young as heck, and won't be leaving anytime soon.