• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ !-!The official Yu-Gi-Oh! fan club!-! ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybermew

A la lune!
Some things going on here in only 3 posts, lol.
Anyways, I have a good and a bad opinion about your post cybermew.
Lets start with the good one:
First of all, welcome, since I'm the leader I can't refuse you wanting to join, since there's nothing wrong with the post you made, besides that it is a little bit... untrue..
Well, we haven't had a real BIG discussion, so make one, if you want to, but don't make it pointless.

Fair enough.

the bad side of your post that you're pretty much unsulting other people here who actually care about their decks and made them because they like the game and the fun you CAN get from it, they do not only care about winning.

I care about my decks. I have been playing for 7 years. I run Lightsworn and Necro Control at National Level

And it scares you deeply that I'm impressed by someone pulling Yubel?
Listen, mate, I have a fiend-deck, and a Yubel is something I really want in the deck, just the fact that it is cheap and not too hard to get doesn't mean it isn't worth anything.

Never said it was worthless. I just said it's very, very easy to get.

I'm not a spoiled rich kid that only plays the best cards of the best, I like the game itself very much, even the winning part, of course, and I built my decks with care and I have a personal bond with them (something that Most lightsworn players lack, since they only click on the card pictures and whuppaa, a phew weeks later and they have them.)

I'm not a spoiled rich kid. I trawl the internet looking for my cards. Personal bonds are understandable, and trust me, I have a "bond" with my cards, but I am a Lightsworn player. People who buy the cards aren't different players, just more serious players.

I have currently 3 decks, wich I'm proud of, and say what you want, but my monarch deck defeats Lightsworns and blackwings surprisingly easy.
My decks are: Fiend, Monarch - spell/trap card destroy - Earth - beatdown, and my last one my precious Spell-Counter deck, wich I still need to collect all the Synchro magicians for.

Fancy giving my Lightsworn deck a duel over MSN then?
[/QUOTE]

@cybermew I feel the same way as ~.:Northern Lights:.~ and ancient pray. You are welcome to join the club since your post was not against the rules, but you should be a little more considerate of how you talk about others.
I also think it would be nice to hear about the game from a competitive player's perspective, but not if you are just going to bash other people's way of enjoying the franchise.

I talk about others in a way that is realistic, rather than the anime Judai kind of thing, where he says things such as "every card matters" (That may be Yuesi), and they don't. I look at Pot of Generosity for one :p

Well, to be fair, Yubel is verging on useless without the upgrades of it, however, Yubel, being one of my favourites, is definitely a good thing to get form a booster pack, especially when the rarest thing I got from Phantom Darkness is dark spirit art -greed.

Yubel is extremely inconsistent though.

And no, a Judgment Dragon/Honest/Dark Armed Dragon/Gold Sarc etc is good to pull from a booster.

I'd like to point out that just because YOU are a "serious player" the rest of us may not be, and may only play for a) the sake of it or b) for something called fun.

I happen to play for reason b) so i don't particularly wish for someone to suddenly burst in and proclaim that the decks weve made are not "sensible". Suggest ways to improve it, yes, but please do remember the fine line between constructive critism and ridicule.

Now that i have that off my chest, welcome.

A) Playing an expensive game for "the sake of it"? o_O

B) I play for fun. I play LS for fun. I play Necro Control for fun.

Sorry, but some of the decks popping up in ACD RMD at the moment are TERRIBLE. I'm talking decks with 1 of each card.

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
I never collected them as a child, and i only have the 40 i do now [soon will be 42 hopefully, yey 42] because my friends are nice enough to share, so we can just have mock battles during our free periods.

*shrugs*

Plus, usually i don't play or look for cards that are particularly rare or have good stats etc. I'm a visual and artistic person, so usually it's their asthetic appeal or effect that interests me ... crap reasons? Don't care, this is how i play.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
I don't tend to play a lot, since most people at my school go for the 'Yu-Gi-Oh is childish, why the hell do you care about it?' attitude and my brother never has time for some reason... so yeah.

I tend to write my fanfiction a lot more than anything else. I like that aspect of Yu-Gi-Oh, where I can have my characters using cards which aren't even out yet, or cards I made up.

As for the Black Feather Dragon debate, I'm not entirely sure whether it is the Fifth Dragon. I mean... they may just be building some real hype since the Fifth Dragon still hasn't been revealed in 5D's and it is one of the Five Dragons after all...

But yeah, here's my Decklist for my Different Dimension Deck:

Monsters:
Caius the Shadow Monarch
2x D.D. Survivor
D.D. Warrior
D.D. Warrior Lady
D.D. Scout Plane
D.D.M. - Different Dimension Master
D.D. Assailant
Golden Homunculus
Gren Maju Da Eiza
Cyber Ouroboros
Chaosrider Gustaph
2x Bazoo the Soul Eater
2x Banisher of the Radiance
Helios - The Primordial Sun
Samsara Kaiser
Dimensional Alchemist
Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
Exiled Force

Spells:
D.D.R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation
2x Dimensional Fissure
Big Bang Shot
Nobleman of Crossout
Lightning Vortex
Brain Control
Soul Release
Dark Core
Enemy Controller

Traps:
Bottomless Trap Hole
By Order of the Emperor (considering taking out, I never use it)
Giant Trap Hole (Also considering taking out, for the same reason)
2x Torrential Tribute
Return from the Different Dimension
Karma Cut
D.D. Dynamite
Macro Cosmos
Sakuretsu Armor

It's largely based on the Dark Emperor Structure Deck, with a few additions. The general strategy is to pile up my own RFP zone and summon either Golden Homunculus or Gren Maju Da Eiza for win, preferably Gren Maju Da Eiza as it evades Gravity Bind etc and can't be hit by Trap Hole or Bottomless Trap Hole. I also can fill up the opponents RFP zone and take a large chunk out of their points with D.D. Dynamite. Generally I find the Deck effective, as I quickly start removing from play cards and the more I remove, the stronger my winning tricks get.

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
I run Lightsworn and Necro Control at National Level

I talk about others in a way that is realistic, rather than the anime Judai kind of thing, where he says things such as "every card matters" (That may be Yuesi), and they don't. I look at Pot of Generosity for one :p

A) Playing an expensive game for "the sake of it"? o_O

B) I play for fun. I play LS for fun. I play Necro Control for fun.

Sorry, but some of the decks popping up in ACD RMD at the moment are TERRIBLE. I'm talking decks with 1 of each card.

Lightsworns FTW!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, i attempt to play seriously - (even though none of my friends collect the cards) and with your whole lightsworn theme, from looking at ebay(uk) most of them are cheap Whoever said spoilt rich kid) however there were also:

celestia (9.99)(17.95)
lyla (11.99)(28)
wulf (3.90)(15)
ehren (24.90)
and a full deck (427.40)
garoth (18.31)(19.99)
lumina (78.99)(34.99)
solar recharge (21)
and this thing here (hyperlink) including lightsworns,blackwings etc. (1037.98)
charge of the light brigrade (29.50)

and finally.... judgement dragon (12.09)(64.11)(64.10)(76.32)(65.30)

just a wee bit expensive don't you think?

ancient pray

You. Will. Be. Mine.
@ Zameric:
thanks for looking it up mate :)

@ shiny palkia:
You want to join the club without even reading the rules?

I care about my decks. I have been playing for 7 years. I run Lightsworn and Necro Control at National Level

I also care about my decks, and I have only played for 1 year at the moment, but don't underestimate me, I do good in each duel, and if the oponent wins, it doesn't really matter, it's about having fun too.

I'm not a spoiled rich kid. I trawl the internet looking for my cards. Personal bonds are understandable, and trust me, I have a "bond" with my cards, but I am a Lightsworn player. People who buy the cards aren't different players, just more serious players.

I also buy my cards on the internet, but not all of them, and only sometimes..
My monarch deck hasn't got a single internet card, same goes for my spell-counter deck. My fiend deck has alot of internet cards (yes, online stores, not Ebay cards ;)) but I still collected Lava Golem and Raviel, Lord of Phantasms myself and some other pretty hard to get (believe me, Ravile isn't easy to get, the tin is out of the stores since a long time, so I really had to fight for it).

Fancy giving my Lightsworn deck a duel over MSN then?

Of course, but how can we do that? with a cam of course, but my cam is a laptop cam, and we can't trust anyone with the shuffling and that kind of stuff.. So how were you thinking?

Every Protagonist says that crap, and I still don't believe it..
I mean, cards that always are dead draws (looking at / Assualt Modes right now and other cards that MUST be summoned form the deck) afre useless in some ways, but good in others.
for example, Light Shine Ball (or whatever that thing is called) is a useless card that only can be searched by some cards, but it's still useless.

And no, a Judgment Dragon/Honest/Dark Armed Dragon/Gold Sarc etc is good to pull from a booster.

I pulled Dark Armed and Sarcophagus from the same booster (from the Gold Series 2 of course) :)

PS: I think I'm gonna make the rule "one-liners aren't allowed in here" a little bigger, don't you agree?

cybermew

A la lune!
Of course, but how can we do that? with a cam of course, but my cam is a laptop cam, and we can't trust anyone with the shuffling and that kind of stuff.. So how were you thinking?

Either download a programme called Yugioh Virtual Dueling, or we just trust each other and type out moves.

ancient pray

You. Will. Be. Mine.
Either download a programme called Yugioh Virtual Dueling, or we just trust each other and type out moves.

Alright, I promise I'll play fair, but sometimes I need to put my laptop down a little so you can see the cards I lay down, alright?
PM me your msn adress please, you Could get spammed as hell otherwise.

@ shiny palkia:
You get a warning for not obbeying the club rules, read them again!

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
I have YVD on my computer. It's alright but I would like it if the phases were initiated automatically by the program instead of you having to do them all manually...
Especially when I'm new with it and all those "veterans" are yelling at me for playing so slow... << >>

But yeah, here's my Decklist for my Different Dimension Deck:

Monsters:
Caius the Shadow Monarch
2x D.D. Survivor
D.D. Warrior
D.D. Warrior Lady
D.D. Scout Plane
D.D.M. - Different Dimension Master
D.D. Assailant
Golden Homunculus
Gren Maju Da Eiza
Cyber Ouroboros
Chaosrider Gustaph
2x Bazoo the Soul Eater
2x Banisher of the Radiance
Helios - The Primordial Sun
Samsara Kaiser
Dimensional Alchemist
Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
Exiled Force

Spells:
D.D.R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation
2x Dimensional Fissure
Big Bang Shot
Nobleman of Crossout
Lightning Vortex
Brain Control
Soul Release
Dark Core
Enemy Controller

Traps:
Bottomless Trap Hole
By Order of the Emperor (considering taking out, I never use it)
Giant Trap Hole (Also considering taking out, for the same reason)
2x Torrential Tribute
Return from the Different Dimension
Karma Cut
D.D. Dynamite
Macro Cosmos
Sakuretsu Armor

It's largely based on the Dark Emperor Structure Deck, with a few additions. The general strategy is to pile up my own RFP zone and summon either Golden Homunculus or Gren Maju Da Eiza for win, preferably Gren Maju Da Eiza as it evades Gravity Bind etc and can't be hit by Trap Hole or Bottomless Trap Hole. I also can fill up the opponents RFP zone and take a large chunk out of their points with D.D. Dynamite. Generally I find the Deck effective, as I quickly start removing from play cards and the more I remove, the stronger my winning tricks get.
Well that's very similar to my nepohew's deck. But he's missing a few cards on that list. I wonder if he maybe got the Dark Emperor Structure Deck and just lost Caius. :/

Last edited:

Chimchar15

Hey I an old fan of yugioh and I was wondering if I could join. My favorite character from the series is Jaden (or Judai as in the original Japanese version.) I like the way he was so enthusiastic about duel monsters. So I hope I get in.

I'm not an anime fan, I'm serious player, and seriously saddened by the lack of serious posters in here.

The fact that you are impressed by someone pulling a Yubel scares me deeply. You do know they are only £2 odd on ebay.

Anyway, I think this club needs a kick start for some serious discussion, so may I join?

Seriously, some of you guys need to hang out at the ACD. The majority of us don't bite (I do, however. Please, post SENSIBLE decks)

Pardon my French, but WTF is ACD? I've never heard about it even once in my life, so please enlighten me.
Also, who the **** cares if we are serious players as opposed to casual or recreational players? These games were not made to be ultra-competitive tournament matches; although such an eventuality was a certainty from the get-go, it was not the actual reason for the game. It, like all other table-top games, was made with the purpose of recreation first and competition second.
I'm sorry, but your posts seem to be enfuriating me beyond all reason.

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
Well I had a duel over Windows Live Messenger with MasterCharizard15. It was not pretty...

MC says (9:36 PM):
DUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Draws 6 Cards*
Zameric says (9:37 PM):
*draws 5 cards*
and forgive me if i have to take a minute to look up what a card does
MC says (9:38 PM):
(Insert Long comment here)
(Same here)
Zameric says (9:38 PM):
k
I activate Future Fusion!
Zameric says (9:39 PM):
k
MC says (9:39 PM):
(By sending 2 Fusion Material from my Deck to the Grave, I can summon the Fusion Monster for them)
Zameric says (9:40 PM):
yes
MC says (9:40 PM):
(Sends Masked Dragon X3 and Spear Dragon x2)
so you sent three monsters to the graveyard?
MC says (9:41 PM):
I Sent 5 Dragon typed Monster)
Zameric says (9:41 PM):
oh
-s
what is the fusion monster you pick?
*Evilsmile*
Five Headed Dragon! (F.G.D.)
MC says (9:42 PM):
Now I summon Breaker the Magical Warrior!
(1900/1000)
Now I set 3 face downs...go!
(8000/8000)

MC just sent you a nudge.

Zameric says (9:43 PM):
k
Zameric says (9:44 PM):
*draws*
I set one monster face-down and end my turn
:/
MC says (9:45 PM):
>D
*Draws*
MC says (9:46 PM):
(In 1 more Turn My Fusion will occur)
Zameric says (9:46 PM):
yes
I summon Skilled Dark magician! (1900/1700)
I activate Noble man of Cross out!
>D

Zameric says (9:47 PM):
hehe
crimson ninja is flipped
Zameric says (9:48 PM):
i don't have any others btw
MC says (9:48 PM):
No...
Noble man kills all flip effects before they are activated.
Removing them from paly.
Zameric says (9:49 PM):
but
but
fine...
MC says (9:50 PM):
I attack with Breaker the Magical warrior and activate Magician's Circle!
(effect both players summon a spellcaster with 2000 atk or lower...) >D
Zameric says (9:50 PM):
-_-
MC says (9:51 PM):
*Dark Magician Girl! Destract him!
What?
MC says (9:52 PM):
All Monsters attack! (5800 points of Damage)
End turn.
Zameric says (9:52 PM):
o_O
Zameric says (9:53 PM):
not 5800
8000-1900-1900-2000
MC says (9:53 PM):
no how much Damage...not your lP.
oh
Zameric says (9:54 PM):
i'm distracted by despair
*draws*
i give up
MC says (9:54 PM):
Five Headed Dragon is summoned and finnishes you off...
The sad part is...
i had in my hand...
MC says (9:55 PM):
My Deck is weak...
I had Dark Magician in mine.
Zameric says (9:55 PM):
enchanted javelin(just drawn), gearfried the swordmaster, judgeman, premature burial, samsara, and gilford the lightning
Zameric says (9:56 PM):
and i think your draw was too perfect
******** your deck is weak
MC says (9:56 PM):
No.
The new decks...
are much more evil...
MC says (9:57 PM):
BTW MT Body as a Shield and Interdimetional magic were my face downs.
thanks for the duel!

Zameric says (9:57 PM):
-_-
wasn't really a duel
more of a slaughter
MC says (9:58 PM):
Slaughter is a strong word...
Zameric says (9:58 PM):
not here...
MC says (9:59 PM):
well if you used Mirror Wall...it would have been diff...
Or used Couldians...
Zameric says (9:59 PM):
well i don't have those...
You would be surpised on how even that combo gets pwned by new cards.
MC says (10:00 PM):
Neither do I.
Coludians are evil.
Zameric says (10:00 PM):
i just got a really **** draw

So you can see that I lost pathetically.
Although I did beat another friend before that duel, so I'm not as bummed by it I guess.

Last edited:

darklord18

Hello everyone!
I'm still alive!
What is ACD?
Also...
Anyone know of Hidden Valley of spellcasters?
(o.o)

Yes but um it bent due to being Holo.

those holo cards are annoying, like before I got slevees they would bend and I could tell I was drawning them so I gave the holo away.

anyway I want to ask should I wait till the Blackwing archtype is complete or try to get a blackwing wing deck now?
and yeah what this online dueling and stuff? (hope this dosen't make me look dumb)

also that duel was good but I had those types.

I get Rainbow dragon out and power him up on my next turn and attack but my opponent play Magical cnyber (sory for bad spelling.)

Last edited:

cybermew

A la lune!
Pardon my French, but WTF is ACD? I've never heard about it even once in my life, so please enlighten me.
Also, who the **** cares if we are serious players as opposed to casual or recreational players? These games were not made to be ultra-competitive tournament matches; although such an eventuality was a certainty from the get-go, it was not the actual reason for the game. It, like all other table-top games, was made with the purpose of recreation first and competition second.
I'm sorry, but your posts seem to be enfuriating me beyond all reason.

Alternate Card Discussion.

Where we discuss Yugi, Rate decks etc.

The game is designed as a serious tournament game. That is why there are Secret rare cards and Shonen Jump Championships and all. The game was designed with tournaments in mind.

It was originally competition first, so your argument falls down there.

Well I had a duel over Windows Live Messenger with MasterCharizard15. It was not pretty...

DUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Draws 6 Cards*
Zameric says (9:37 PM):
*draws 5 cards*
and forgive me if i have to take a minute to look up what a card does
(Insert Long comment here)
(Same here)
Zameric says (9:38 PM):
k
I activate Future Fusion!
Zameric says (9:39 PM):
k
MC says (9:39 PM):
(By sending 2 Fusion Material from my Deck to the Grave, I can summon the Fusion Monster for them)
yes
MC says (9:40 PM):
(Sends Masked Dragon X3 and Spear Dragon x2)
so you sent three monsters to the graveyard?
I Sent 5 Dragon typed Monster)
oh
-s
what is the fusion monster you pick?
*Evilsmile*
Five Headed Dragon! (F.G.D.)
MC says (9:42 PM):
Now I summon Breaker the Magical Warrior!
(1900/1000)
Now I set 3 face downs...go!
(8000/8000)

Zameric says (9:43 PM):
k
Zameric says (9:44 PM):
*draws*
I set one monster face-down and end my turn
:/
MC says (9:45 PM):
>D
*Draws*
(In 1 more Turn My Fusion will occur)
Zameric says (9:46 PM):
yes
I summon Skilled Dark magician! (1900/1700)
I activate Noble man of Cross out!
>D

Zameric says (9:47 PM):
hehe
crimson ninja is flipped
Zameric says (9:48 PM):
i don't have any others btw
MC says (9:48 PM):
No...
Noble man kills all flip effects before they are activated.
Removing them from paly.
Zameric says (9:49 PM):
but
but
fine...
MC says (9:50 PM):
I attack with Breaker the Magical warrior and activate Magician's Circle!
(effect both players summon a spellcaster with 2000 atk or lower...) >D
Zameric says (9:50 PM):
-_-
MC says (9:51 PM):
*Dark Magician Girl! Destract him!
What?
MC says (9:52 PM):
All Monsters attack! (5800 points of Damage)
End turn.
Zameric says (9:52 PM):
o_O
not 5800
8000-1900-1900-2000
MC says (9:53 PM):
no how much Damage...not your lP.
oh
i'm distracted by despair
*draws*
i give up
MC says (9:54 PM):
Five Headed Dragon is summoned and finnishes you off...
The sad part is...
i had in my hand...
MC says (9:55 PM):
My Deck is weak...
I had Dark Magician in mine.
Zameric says (9:55 PM):
enchanted javelin(just drawn), gearfried the swordmaster, judgeman, premature burial, samsara, and gilford the lightning
Zameric says (9:56 PM):
and i think your draw was too perfect
******** your deck is weak
MC says (9:56 PM):
No.
The new decks...
are much more evil...
MC says (9:57 PM):
BTW MT Body as a Shield and Interdimetional magic were my face downs.
thanks for the duel!

Zameric says (9:57 PM):
-_-
wasn't really a duel
more of a slaughter
MC says (9:58 PM):
Slaughter is a strong word...
Zameric says (9:58 PM):
not here...
well if you used Mirror Wall...it would have been diff...
Or used Couldians...
Zameric says (9:59 PM):
well i don't have those...
You would be surpised on how even that combo gets pwned by new cards.
MC says (10:00 PM):
Neither do I.
Coludians are evil.
Zameric says (10:00 PM):
i just got a really **** draw

So you can see that I lost pathetically.
Although I did beat another friend before that duel, so I'm not as bummed by it I guess.

Premature Burial is banned.

ancient pray

You. Will. Be. Mine.
@ Chimchar15:
Welcome, you're in, stay active :)

@ cybermew:
I agree with you right now, this game was made for winning and competition, but I'm not saying that it was made for no fun. Tournaments are kept everywhere, and competetive players come to those tourneys, since most of the time, the prices are pretty high, and people do EVERYTHING to win it, but no-one even thinks of cheating.
Also, Zameric plays with the Traditional Format.

darklord18

I agree with you, but for some of us, fun is more import, if I win a match it great, but if I lose one I find out what I did wrong and fix it.

and no I know use Advance format.

also I trying to ask my local game shop when in this month Yugioh 5D tag force 4 come out so I can give you guys a review on it.

Last edited:

Flygon3X

The sunset skies...
What are your best pulls?

Absolutely nothing from packs. I have the most dreaded luck luck when it comes to packs, as the only thing I got are worthless rares from every pack I buy, whether it be in a blister set or even the sneak preview I just went to. Really, the only thing super rare I pulled out was a Dust Tornado 5 years ago, and that's it. If somehow I pulled a DAD or a Judgement today...

Pretty much EVERY card in my deck is from trade, nothing from a booster.

In term's of "serious discussion" pointed by Cybermew, I'll post another deck I made (I'm more of a serious duelist). From testing with it, if the right cards are pulled, it's an easy OTK.

Monsters:
3x Morphtronic Celfon
3x Morphtronic Radion
3x Morphtronic BoomBoxen
3x Morphtronic Boarden
3x Morphtronic Slingen
1x Sangan
2x Cyber Valley
1x Cyber Dragon
3x Honest

Spells:
1x Limiter Removal
1x Heavy Storm
3x Morphtronic Accelerator
2x Inferno Reckless Summon
1x United we Stand/Megamorph
2x Machine Duplication
2x Double Summon
1x One for One
1x Swords of Revealing Light

Traps:
2x Compulsory Evacuation Device
2x Morphtronic Forcefield

Last edited:

ToonLinkBrawler

Legendary Hunter
Mind if I join?

Which of all Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards is your favorite card and why?
Probably the Winged Dragon of Ra, or Gren Maju De Eiza.
Which type of card do you prefer? Effect-monster, Trap, Spell, Ritual, Fusion, Normal or Synchro and why?Hmmm, Synchros, they're easier to summon, and go good with a number of decks.
What do you like most about Yu-Gi-Oh!?
The strategy involved and you can win at the last minute through sheer luck.
Are you obsessed with Yu-Gi-Oh! or just a (big) fan of it?
Obsessed.
What kind of deck do you have (IF you have one)?
I run a Remove from Play deck, and a lesser used Fiend deck
What are your best pulls?
Probably Elemental Hero Shining Flare Wingman(EEN), or Mirror Force(DPYG), but I'm really more of a trader.

@ cybermew:
I would have quoted you, but let's just say that my computer is begging to be turned into scrap metal.
So they were made for tournaments, not fun? Tell me this: Why the **** would any establishment hold a competition for a game that nobody likes?!?
I don't recall ever learning of any Duelmasters tourneys in the short life of that show; if it had been made for the sake of holding tournaments they would have been holding them all over the place before realizing that nobody liked the game (as far as I'm aware).
As I said, because of how much popularity Yu-Gi-Oh had at the beginning, I knew from the start that it would last for years to come with the merchandise if not the series (I was sort of right about the series, they are doing what the digimon guys did and making multiple, largely unrelated series). Had it's advent not been accompanied by such popularity, no business would ever have even considered holding tournaments for it.

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
Alternate Card Discussion.

Where we discuss Yugi, Rate decks etc.

The game is designed as a serious tournament game. That is why there are Secret rare cards and Shonen Jump Championships and all. The game was designed with tournaments in mind.

It was originally competition first, so your argument falls down there.
Yes, the game was design so players could hold competitions, but I also believe it was meant for casual play too. Most of all cards games are like that
That's mainly why they have two formats of play. And they called it traditional format because it was what they used first.

Premature Burial is banned.
Ancient pray is right, I like to use traditional format. I do try not to use cards like Monster Reborn, Pot of Greed, and Change of Heart... but I didn't learn till just the other day that Premature Burial is banned in advance play too. I think I just might go back to straight traditional format if I can't use Premature Burial.

Monsters:
3x Morphtronic Celfon
3x Morphtronic Radion
3x Morphtronic BoomBoxen
3x Morphtronic Boarden
3x Morphtronic Slingen
1x Sangan
2x Cyber Valley
1x Cyber Dragon
3x Honest

Spells:
1x Limiter Removal
1x Heavy Storm
3x Morphtronic Accelerator
2x Inferno Reckless Summon
1x United we Stand/Megamorph
2x Machine Duplication
2x Double Summon
1x One for One
1x Swords of Revealing Light

Traps:
2x Compulsory Evacuation Device
2x Morphtronic Forcefield
That is a very interesting deck. I have not seen those Morphtronic monster until now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.