• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ !-!The official Yu-Gi-Oh! fan club!-! ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flygon3X

The sunset skies...
Hmmmm... My choice...

Zombie vs Plant
Zombies, by a mile.

Glad. Beast vs Lightsworn
I've been more familiar with LS (infact, still doesn't know Glad Beast), but I believe Glad Beasts have the upper hand in this one.

Gravekeeper vs Amazoness
Gravekeeper. When does Amazoness ever win?

Flamwell vs Volcanic
Volcanics are terrible imo, so I'll go with Flamwell.

I'd definitely like to join the club, despite the fact I suck and only use a cookie-cutter deck full of cards I like to use. I can hardly even remember the last time I won against a decent player. I have an excuse though..my small town doesn't sell Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, so I have trouble getting a hold of good ones now. xP

Ah well, I refuse to use decks that everybody else uses like Lightsworn and Blackwing. I play for fun, and I consider losing a lot part of the fun. xP

cybermew

A la lune!
I'd definitely like to join the club, despite the fact I suck and only use a cookie-cutter deck full of cards I like to use. I can hardly even remember the last time I won against a decent player. I have an excuse though..my small town doesn't sell Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, so I have trouble getting a hold of good ones now. xP

Ah well, I refuse to use decks that everybody else uses like Lightsworn and Blackwing. I play for fun, and I consider losing a lot part of the fun. xP

Bolded part clashes.

Definition of Cookie Cutter Decks: Top Deck of the Format, which everyone uses.

Bolded part clashes.

Definition of Cookie Cutter Decks: Top Deck of the Format, which everyone uses.

Oh well in that case, I was trying to fish around for the term used for a regular old deck just used for fun. Heh, now I'm really embarrassed. >.<

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
lol! just discovered the awesomness of a barbaros-skill drain deck. it's amazing! to be honest, lsworn and blackwings are used often for a reason - they're freaking awesome!

@^^Yoshinichi^^: if it were me, i'd go on ebay and find good cards. especially because certain tin promo cards CAN go quite cheaply. i.e. wiraqocha rascas
plus, many "common rares" are cheap. just searching for the ebound immortals can get me (cheapest)
wiraqocha rasca 99p (scr)
cusillu 99p (ultimate rare)
ccapac apu 99p (ultimate rare)
CCARAYHUA 99p (utr)
(about 50 more rascas before the next one)
uru £5.90
C. CHALLHUA £7.95
assla piscu £6.99

the last 3 may look expensive(ish), but compared to things like dark simorgh which is £44.90 at cheapest, they are a good bargain.

the reason i use the term "common rares" is because many people want them so they are put on ebay almost instantly when someone gets them (and go for barely anything).

Random personal update: just got the wiraqocha rasca tin YAY!!!!! so happy i finally got one so i was even more surprised to get another one in a stardust overdrive. also, i don't know why, but in tins i always seem to get a load of ultra and ultimate rares that i can't use. in b.rose tin i got a multiple piece golem and a destiny end dragoon (ulti rare) that i can't use and i the w.rasca tin i end up with an ulti rare cosmic fortress gol'gar that i can't summon... also got zombie world structure deck.

considering making a mock dark signer deck but i can't decide between spiders (despite being arachnophobic) and fortune ladies

INSECT SPIDER - DECK

MILLENIUM SCORPION RARE

MOTHER SPIDER X 2 RARE

CHAINSAW INSECT RARE

GRASSCHOPPER RARE

SABER BEETLE RARE

GREAT MOTH RARE

LEVEL - EATER

DARK SPIDER X 2

SPYDER SPIDER X 3

GROUND SPIDER X 2

DESERT PROTECTOR X 3

RELINQUISHED SPIDER X 3

CROSS - SWORD BEETLE X 3

VERDANT SANCTUARY X 3

INSECT NEGLECT X 3

SPIDER - WEB X 3

NEEDLEBUG NEST

DUST - TORNADO

SPIDER EGG X 2

TRAP HOLE RARE

TRAP - STUN

WABOKU

do you guys think it would be worth buying?

Last edited:
lol! just discovered the awesomness of a barbaros-skill drain deck. it's amazing! to be honest, lsworn and blackwings are used often for a reason - they're freaking awesome!

@^^Yoshinichi^^: if it were me, i'd go on ebay and find good cards. especially because certain tin promo cards CAN go quite cheaply. i.e. wiraqocha rascas
plus, many "common rares" are cheap. just searching for the ebound immortals can get me (cheapest)
wiraqocha rasca 99p (scr)
cusillu 99p (ultimate rare)
ccapac apu 99p (ultimate rare)
CCARAYHUA 99p (utr)
(about 50 more rascas before the next one)
uru £5.90
C. CHALLHUA £7.95
assla piscu £6.99

the last 3 may look expensive(ish), but compared to things like dark simorgh which is £44.90 at cheapest, they are a good bargain.

the reason i use the term "common rares" is because many people want them so they are put on ebay almost instantly when someone gets them (and go for barely anything).

Random personal update: just got the wiraqocha rasca tin YAY!!!!! so happy i finally got one so i was even more surprised to get another one in a stardust overdrive. also, i don't know why, but in tins i always seem to get a load of ultra and ultimate rares that i can't use. in b.rose tin i got a multiple piece golem and a destiny end dragoon (ulti rare) that i can't use and i the w.rasca tin i end up with an ulti rare cosmic fortress gol'gar that i can't summon... also got zombie world structure deck.

considering making a mock dark signer deck but i can't decide between spiders (despite being arachnophobic) and fortune ladies
Hmm..I got a Ancient Fairy Dragon tin for Christmas. Is there any way to make a good deck with Ancient Fairy Dragon? Seems like the perfect EBI destroyer.

I also got an Ultimate Rare Koaki Meiru Gravirose, which seems pretty cool. Are Koaki Meiru monsters worthwhile? =D

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
i think kkm can be worthwhile - but not in a dedicated deck. they shine in a deck like the drago works best in a dragon deck for example.

i got really bored and decided to plan out an otk strategy. i was hoping that someone could crush my spirit by saying (and meaning) that they have heard or seen this otk before. it only works in traditional format though:

1.shadowpriestess of ohm
2.p.spreader zombie
3.card of safe return
4.imperial iron wall

basically use 3 and 4 to keep your hand existing and to make sure you can keep re-summoning p.spreader zombie. tribute p.spreader when on field with the shadowpriestess and then resummon it with its effect and tribute it again for even more damage from the priestess. currently, i'm testrunning this on wc09. please leave your thoughts on the strategy....

Hmm..I got a Ancient Fairy Dragon tin for Christmas. Is there any way to make a good deck with Ancient Fairy Dragon? Seems like the perfect EBI destroyer.

I also got an Ultimate Rare Koaki Meiru Gravirose, which seems pretty cool. Are Koaki Meiru monsters worthwhile? =D

I'l answer these in reverse-sequential order:
The KKM cards are pretty tough, but it may be somewhat inconvenient to make a deck that completely revolves around the use of a single card (in this case, the Iron Core card). Yes, there are plenty of cards that can get the core out of your deck with ease, but there are just too many variables to make it worthwhile.

This is what I love about Synchro monsters: as long as you don't have too many in your extra deck, you can have any permutation of them that you want. Just put Ancient Fairy Dragon in your extra deck; you don't need to have anything in your deck that is related to it at all. That way, if you do face something like an immortal, you will be prepared to handle it.
That is what I do; put all the good Synchros I have into my extra deck (yes, while making sure not to have over 15 of them). I run a Reptilianne deck, but my extra deck has things like Iron Chain Dragon, the 4 currently released signer dragons, Power Tool Dragon, Armory Arm, Reptilianne Hydra, and the MVP of my deck; Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier.
I'm not breaking any rules; I'm just using plenty of variety in my extra deck so I can deal with plenty of possible scenarios.

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
Brionac is my favourite synchro EVER!!!!!
btw, if you're gonna use a reptilliane deck (which i would love see a deck list of XD), you might like to include plants so that a black rose dragon can force a few monsters into atk position with no chance of survival

Brionac is my favourite synchro EVER!!!!!
btw, if you're gonna use a reptilliane deck (which i would love see a deck list of XD), you might like to include plants so that a black rose dragon can force a few monsters into atk position with no chance of survival

Yeah, my Mist Wurm has a similar effect, but, unlike Brionac, it can't use its effect more than once. With Brionac, as long as I have cards to discard and there are cards on the field, I'll be able to keep using his effect.
It's funny that everybody is trying to get Brionac, when I got it in my fifth pack of Hidden Arsenal (I actually saved the empty pack); and when I got it I didn't have any idea how valuable it was.
I'll probably post my deck list later today, but I make no guarantees because I am going to the zoo.

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
every time I make a deck theres always at least 1 Brionac in the list. Which brings up the point - are Ice Barriers going to be the next big thing because of their growing numbers. I mean, any deck that can prevent attacking would eventually wear down a lightsworn deck into nothing (unless celestia or the j.dragon is drawn).

If I can ever be arsed i'll buy the cards to make this (i'l make it on wc10 anyway)

ICE BARRIER DECK:
Grunard, Brave General of the Ice Barrier x2
Raiho, Brave General of the Ice Barrier
Gantara, Brave General of the Ice Barrier
Cryomancer of the Ice Barrier x2
Feng Shui Master of the Ice Barrier x2
Defense Force of the Ice Barrier x2
Medium of the Ice Barrier
Bushi of the Ice Barrier x2
Forbidden Spell Group of the Ice Barrier x2
Divine Spirit of the Ice Barrier x3
Transport Unit of the Ice Barrier
Intoxicated Bug of the Ice Barrier x3
Acolyte of the Ice Barrier x2
Triangular Formation of the Ice Barrier x2
Umiiruka x2
Salvage
Mystical Space Typhoon
Heavy Storm
Ice Mirror x2
Swords of Revealing light
Dark Bribe x2
Mirror force
Gravity Bind
Wall of Revealing Light

EXTRA:
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier x3
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier x3
Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier x2
Dewloren, Tiger Prince of the Ice Barrier
Ally of Justice - Catastor
Mist Wurm
Black Rose Dragon
Thoughtruler Archfiend
Armory Arm
Stardust Dragon
Red Dragon Archfiend

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
i dont know much about ice barriers, but i do know that brionac is great :D
i'm gonna keep the failed fairies by side and make a dark deck with the creator and DaD and so on

Hang on, there are three Dragons of the Ice Barrier?!? I know Brionac is epic, but what are his colleagues amongst the Dragons?

Here's my deck list (I don't know how to make a spoiler, so I can't minimize it):

Monsters: 21
Reptilianne Scylla X3
Reptilianne Viper X3
Venominon, The King of Poisonous Snakes X1
Razor Lizard X3
Evil Dragon Ananta X1
Oshaleon X3
Reptilianne Medusa X2
Marshmallon X1
Reptilianne Gorgon X3
Earthbound Immortal Asilla Piscu X1

Spells: 10
Swords of Revealing Light X1
Reptilianne Spawn X3
Savage Colosseum X2
Molting Escape X3
Double Summon X1

Traps: 13
Offering to the Snake Deity X1
Damage=Reptile X3
Snake Whistle X2
Defense Draw X3
Scrap-Iron Scarecrow X1
Embodiment of Apophis X1
Magic Cylinder X1

Extra: 13
Brionac X1
Flamvell Uruquizas X2
Armory Arm X1
Reptilianne Hydra X1
Iron Chain Dragon X1
Ancient Fairy Dragon X1
Black Rose Dragon X1
Power Tool Dragon X1
Red Dragon Archfiend X1
Stardust X1
Mist Wurm X1
Majestic Star Dragon X1 (I figure that if my opponent uses Majestic Dragon, I can easily take control of it and use it myself)

Please rate and comment. As you can see, there are many cards that I recycled from my old Venom deck. I know that there are far too many monsters, especially considering that there is a Trap-monster and three copies of a Token-Summoning Spell. What monsters should I take out? I know you will all say Asilla Piscu, but come on; I need at least one bruiser that isn't a Synchro or my Evil Dragon Ananta. Venominon can potentially get really high attack and Ananta is almost guaranteed to be super powerful if I wait long enough to use it, but there are none here but Asilla Piscu that have base attack worthy of being called a "bruiser."
Also, what other spells and traps go well with this deck?

Last edited:

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
Hang on, there are three Dragons of the Ice Barrier?!? I know Brionac is epic, but what are his colleagues amongst the Dragons?

There are technically 2 seeing as Brionac is a Sea Serpant.
Anyway;

Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier:
Attribute: WATER
Types: Dragon/Synchro/Effect
Level: Level 7
ATK/DEF: 2500/1700
1 Tuner + 1 or more WATER non-Tuner Monsters.
Once per turn, you can discard up to 2 cards to the Graveyard to destroy that number of target cards your opponent controls.
(Duel Terminal - Champion of Chaos!!)

Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier:
Attribute: WATER
Types: Dragon/Synchro/Effect
Level: Level 9
ATK/DEF: 2700/2000
1 Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can remove from play up to 1 card each from your opponent's hand, field, and Graveyard.
(Duel Terminal - Pulse of the Trishula) (LOL! Has its own booster XD)

Here's my deck list (I don't know how to make a spoiler, so I can't minimize it):

Monsters: 21
Reptilianne Scylla X3
Reptilianne Viper X3
Venominon, The King of Poisonous Snakes X1
Razor Lizard X3
Evil Dragon Ananta X1
Oshaleon X3
Reptilianne Medusa X2
Marshmallon X1
Reptilianne Gorgon X3
Earthbound Immortal Asilla Piscu X1

Spells: 10
Swords of Revealing Light X1
Reptilianne Spawn X3
Savage Colosseum X2
Molting Escape X3
Double Summon X1

Traps: 13
Offering to the Snake Deity X1
Damage=Reptile X3
Snake Whistle X2
Defense Draw X3
Scrap-Iron Scarecrow X1
Embodiment of Apophis X1
Magic Cylinder X1

Extra: 13
Brionac X1
Flamvell Uruquizas X2
Armory Arm X1
Reptilianne Hydra X1
Iron Chain Dragon X1
Ancient Fairy Dragon X1
Black Rose Dragon X1
Power Tool Dragon X1
Red Dragon Archfiend X1
Stardust X1
Mist Wurm X1
Majestic Star Dragon X1

Regarding your deck, I'd say not to go overload on traps unless you include a Dark Bribe or Solemn Judgement (or at least Heavy Storm or MST). If the opponent uses Royal decree - like I do a little too much - thats a third of your deck useless (OMG Oshaleon is SOOOO cute!). I also think that a Goyo Guardian over Majestic Star (because if I were to summon a Majestic dragon, I'd use it on that turn so you can't kill off my chances of summoning majestic star.)
Also, Reptilliane Poison and the upcoming reptillianne anger may be useful to decrease attack and reptillianne poison is great because you don't need to use the gorgon's effect (or sacrifice it) to make the monsters attack 0 - and in attack mode.
finally, i think a good card can be ATTACK PHEREMONES - especially with gorgon. (i like gorgon seeing as its the only one i have) gorgon can get it to 0 attack and if it was a defesive monster, it is forced into attack with the pheremones and gorgon makes it so that monster can't revet bak to defending. easy kill.
hope that helps

Well, I do have two Reptilianne Poisons and three Attack Pheromones. If I were to add those, how many of each would you reccomend? Not to mention, what cards that are already in my deck would you reccomend removing when making room for them?
It kinda sucks how I am one of the only duelists without Goyo Guardian; I would add one to my extra deck if only I owned one. That's also why I don't run Dark Bribe or Solemn Judgement; I, unfortunately, do not own either of them.

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
@celebitrainer
seeing as (as far as i know) you dont have many great spell/trap negaters i'd say to kill a couple of traps before anything else.
not entirely sure here, but i'd get rid of the embodiment of apophis - i'm personally not a big fan of traps that summon and also i'd get rid of vennominon. for that i'd include 1 attack pheromones and a reptilianne poison. for another reptilianne poison i might of gotten rid of aslla piscu.
the thing is i cant really test run reptiliannes like i do with older decks - so this may not be very good.

@celebitrainer
seeing as (as far as i know) you dont have many great spell/trap negaters i'd say to kill a couple of traps before anything else.
not entirely sure here, but i'd get rid of the embodiment of apophis - i'm personally not a big fan of traps that summon and also i'd get rid of vennominon. for that i'd include 1 attack pheromones and a reptilianne poison. for another reptilianne poison i might of gotten rid of aslla piscu.
the thing is i cant really test run reptiliannes like i do with older decks - so this may not be very good.

Yeah, I myself think Apophis is a bit much, considering how many monsters I already have. I've just always been a fan of trap-monsters like Embodiment of Apophis, Zoma the Spirit, etc. I do wonder, why would Venominon be on the chopping block? It has high potential attack, plus it can be used for defense if my opponent uses some ultra strong monster; I just turn him to defense so that my opponent needs to attack repetedly before finishing him off so they can actually deal battle damage.
Asilla Piscu is a bit much, I must admit; because it has that dumb effect where it is destroyed if there is no field card in use. Either way, I still feel that I need something with a high base attack, and Asilla Piscu is the only one I have that would do well in this deck at all (well, there is Earthbound Immortal Ccarayhua; but he has the exact same problem as Asilla Piscu).
Also, I thought that the best way to run a deck was to have a good balance between Spells, Traps, and Monsters. The monsters constitute nearly half of the cards in my deck as it is, so shouldn't they be the first group for me to reduce?

Status
Not open for further replies.