• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ !-!The official Yu-Gi-Oh! fan club!-! ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybermew

A la lune!
well I think that Ban/Limited are for cards (most of) that are thought of to be broken or near broken like Monster reborn.

anyway I been dueling my friend and I said

Me: I have two Rainbow dragon but I only use one.
Friend: why not use both?
Me: just don't think that be fair.

I just don't see the point in using two Rainbow dragons or ace cards like Judgement dragon, anyone else feel the same?

I don't think you understood Sirnight's point. Rainbow Dragon, Obelisk and most other cards AREN'T broken. Rainbow Dragon requires you to run the worst Crystal Beasts. The best CBs, at best, are pretty bad, and running all 7 will not get you anywhere.

I run 3 Absolute Zero in my deck. 3 Zeroes are necessary. The deck is ran all around 3 Zeroes. It is my "Ace Card", but does that mean it should be limited, just because it is the best card of my deck? No (Although there will obviously be people who say it should be limited because it is broken, but that's a different point).

Anyway, here's my deck for the rest of the format, thoughts?

2 Destiny Hero Malicious
1 Gorz
3 Deep Sea Diva
1 Stratos
2 Diamond Dudes
2 Mystic Tomato
1 DAD
1 Sangan
1 Spined Gilman
2 Caius the Shadow Monarch
1 Fear Monger
1 PSZ
1 Ocean

1 Brain Control
2 Allure of Darkness
1 Lightning Vortex
1 Heavy Storm
1 MST
1 Future Fusion
3 Destiny Draw
3 Miracle Fusion
1 ROTA

1 Mirror Force
1 Torential Tribute
2 BTH
2 Waboku
1 Trap Dustshoot
1 Call of the Haunted

Extra Deck
Presume Standard + 3 E-Hero Absolute Zero.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
I don't think you understood Sirnight's point. Rainbow Dragon, Obelisk and most other cards AREN'T broken. Rainbow Dragon requires you to run the worst Crystal Beasts. The best CBs, at best, are pretty bad, and running all 7 will not get you anywhere.

You underestimate Queen Crystals.

First of all, Obelisk requires THREE tributes to summon, and that's just ridiculous now a days. Secondly, Obelisk isn't protected from effects that DON'T target, like Mirror Force, Smashing Ground, Torrential Tribute, Judgment Dragon, etc, unless you use Hard Armed Dragon as one of the tributes (Good luck getting one, it's a secret rare), and even if you do, your opponent can surprise you with a Honest/Kalut.

The ban list all depends on tournament setting, I think.

Really? How is it hard to get three monsters on the field at once? I was able to use Obelisk in like every other duel that I had last week after I added him to my deck. Maybe it's just my deck; if I go over two turns without any monsters on the field, it is being a really bad day.
Seriously, what kind of deck have you been running/facing if you are incapable of maintaining three monsters at once for one turn?

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Queen is a different story, but it's nowhere near the standard of other underestimated themes, namely MTs, Wetlands and Batterymen.

MT's I'm blanking on. Wetlands ftw.
And yeah, Queen does boost up a few archtypes, so eh.

Really? How is it hard to get three monsters on the field at once? I was able to use Obelisk in like every other duel that I had last week after I added him to my deck. Maybe it's just my deck; if I go over two turns without any monsters on the field, it is being a really bad day.
Seriously, what kind of deck have you been running/facing if you are incapable of maintaining three monsters at once for one turn?

And it's kind of difficult, yeah. Lightning Vortex, Brain/Mind Control, any other removal, Synchros, opponents just shutting you down, Oppression, Absolute Zero, Red Dragon Archfiend, Mist Wurm, Blackwing swarms, Lightsworn swarms, etc.

Facing? Any good deck in any tournament. It's not like the aim of playing is to have a crapload of monsters out. That's just playing bad if there's no focus.

cybermew

A la lune!

Lightsworn
Destiny Hero Zombies
Light Stun
Batterymen
Zero
GB
DEDSpam
Demise

The list goes on of tier 1.5 decks.

MT's I'm blanking on. Wetlands ftw.

MT's a decent theme. Just need to learn to rely less on Celfon.

Wetlands is godly.

Last edited:

Flygon3X

The sunset skies...
Yeah, Morphtronics originally looked like they were going to be bad in Crossroads, until the later support pretty much made it that they spam like crazy. The big issue is luck with this deck, since you got to rely on Celfon to special summon some of them, and yet, sometimes you just end up rolling 3 6's in a row, or rolling 3 1's in a row. Even the Equip Card selection may be slightly luck based, for the Equips you only have one copy of. Otherwise, I find it a great archetype to play with, and I actually have fun with it.

Power Pickaxe or Break Draw worth running? My choice of Equips are:
* 2x Double Tool C&D
* 2x Mage Power
* 1x United We Stand
* 1x Autonomous Action Unit

Power Pickaxe may help as it removes monsters from your opponents grave, but you only get a 500 atk bonus and it's only until the end of your turn. Break Draw may be used for hand advantage, but it only lasts 3 turns, or less.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Break Draw is amazing, especially if you focus on Power Tool. It supplies a +1 when you destroy stuff, which is great for any card. Pickaxe works too, or at least in the Side of an Equip-centered deck. You get a small gain, but the D.D. Crow effect is phenominal.

Flygon3X

The sunset skies...
Also, I plan to make some sort of Lightsworn deck with as little cost as possible. This is what I have so far:

1x Honest
1x Charge of the Light Brigade
3x Solar Recharge
1x Celestia
1x Luminia
1x Judgement Dragon (w00t)
2x Garoth
2x Jain
2x Monster Re-incarnation
2x Beckoning Light
1x Honest

What would be the cost of getting the other Lightsworn stapes, minus a 2nd Judgment Dragon (I'll just proxy it for now)? From my view, I still need:

1-2x Celestia
2-3x Lyra
1-2x Luminia
2x Charge
2x Honest
3x Wulf
1x Ryko
2x Foolish Burial

Approximently what would be total cost above, assuming every card is in it's least rare form (ex: Charge from SE packs, Honest from Twilight PAck).

Eloi

Who is your favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! character (or duelist) and why?
Pleaaase don't kill me for this, I'm not an annoying fangirl or fanboy, but my very two characters are... Kaiba and Bakura. I just love their designs, they are smart and devious villains, which I do think of them as awful people but since they aren't real I think they make awesome characters. Both are awesome. ^_^ However, Yami Yugi is starting to grow on me.
Which of all Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards is your favorite card and why?
Again, being generic, but I like Blue Eyes White Dragon. I just like its gameplay and the mystery behind it.
Wich Yu-Gi-Oh! do you like the most? The Original one, the newer or the newest and why?
The Original One, I just grew so attached to the characters I was so hard to let them go, I feel they could've been explored alot more...
Wich type of card do you prefer? Effect-monster, Trap, Spell, Ritual, Fusion, Normal or synchro and why?
Normal Monsters. I think they're the heart of the game.
What do you like most about Yu-Gi-Oh!?
The characters, and their insanity, all with similar goals but very different motives and methods of attaining them.
Are you obsessed with Yu-Gi-Oh! or just a (big) fan of it?
I'm not a very active fan, I do most of my fan'ing online. Read the Manga on Mangafox, watch Abridged, play online, etc.
What kind of deck do you have (IF you have one)?
Mine is called "My Death is Only the Beginning". Its a mix of Blue Eyes One Turn Kill, Exodia Instant Win, and Beat Up. Its all about side plans. I try to get Exodia in my hand and Blue Eyes on the field. If that fails or they send my cards to the graveyard, I then can either put out Exodia Necross or special summon Blue-Eyes White Dragon. Then if they are able to dodge that or I can't activate my strategies soon enough, I have strong normal monsters for stalling or desperate victory.

Main Deck (60, 40 if I have one of each card but Blue-Eyes)
Blue Eyes White Dragon x3
The White Stone of Legend x3
King of the Swamp x1
Armagedon Knight x3
Gene Warped Werewolf x3
Slate Warrior x3
Berserk Gorilla x3
Kaibaman x1
Montage Dragon x3
Luster Dragon x3
Decoy Dragon x1
Future Fusion x1
De-Fusion x1
Polymerization x1
Summoner's Art x1
Ancient Rules x1
Delta Attacker x1
Dragon's Mirror x1
Burst Stream of Destruction x1
Foolish Burial x1
Trade-In x1
Heavy Storm x1
Giant Trunade x1
Return From The Different Dimension x1
Dark Bribe x1
Justi-Break x1
Dragon's Rage x1
Solemn Judgement x1
Dragon's Mirror x1
Soul Exchange x1
Birthright x1
Star Blast x1
The League of Uniform Nomenculture x1
Contact with Exodia x1
Exodia Necross x1
Parts of Exodia (Don't Feel like listing them) x5
Veil of Darkness x3
Extra Deck
Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon
What is your favorite millenium item and why?
Millennium Rod, as mind control is a good ability to have, and because Marik was crazy due to his past not the rod, and because there is no evil spirits in it, I would say the Rod is most practical to have. That and it has a sword inside. How cool is that?
What do think of the new Structure Deck that is coming out the 27th of October?
It has alot of cards already in my deck, and I think the strategy is good, but I won't be buying it.
What are your best pulls?
It feels rather satisfying dealing ~9000 direct damage to someone in one turn when my Blue Eyes strategy comes into effect.
And yep, thats pretty much it. Can I join?

Last edited:

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
What would be the cost of getting the other Lightsworn stapes, minus a 2nd Judgment Dragon (I'll just proxy it for now)?

From my view, I still need:

2x Celestia
2x Lyla
2x Luminia
2x Charge
2x Honest
3x Wulf
1x Ryko
2x Foolish Burial (not really needed but a $1 each)

Approximently what would be total cost above, assuming every card is in it's least rare form (ex: Charge from SE packs, Honest from Twilight PAck).

Not counting the Burials, I'dsay the subtotal comes to be about $74. Just keep in mind that Lyla's are kina pricey right leading, to that, but if you trade right then it's not gonna feel like you're spending that much money. Don't let it demean you.

Flygon3X

The sunset skies...
Not counting the Burials, I'dsay the subtotal comes to be about $74. Just keep in mind that Lyla's are kina pricey right leading, to that, but if you trade right then it's not gonna feel like you're spending that much money. Don't let it demean you.

Hmmmm... if that is the case, I'll just cash in another $40 worth of cards at my store, since I already made like $35 from a deal yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.