• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Okami/Okamiden Club

Are they Prismacolor?
I have no idea. Probably should’ve read that they were before buying them. >_<

Just thought of a topic!
Who’s the better old dude? Mr. Orange or Mr. Bamboo?
images
images

On one side we have an elderly man who spontaneously breaks out into dance upon consuming large amounts of sake, and on the other we have an elderly man who raised a girl from the moon like his own daughter. WHO WILL WIN?! :O

Fluffyy

Peace ^-^!

Just thought of a topic!
images
images

On one side we have an elderly man who spontaneously breaks out into dance upon consuming large amounts of sake, and on the other we have an elderly man who raised a girl from the moon like his own daughter. WHO WILL WIN?! :O

I like the Orange guy just because he does his cool dances ~, oh and couldn't you like cut his orange on his head and it grew back?.. I swear I could remember that >_<

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手

Just thought of a topic!
images
images

Bamboo dude. He's nicer.
And Orange dude is a recreation of the Grapefruit dude that was mean to Shiranui.

And Kaguya is cool. :cool:

I like the Orange guy just because he does his cool dances ~, oh and couldn't you like cut his orange on his head and it grew back?.. I swear I could remember that >_<
I just remember it growing really big at one point. o__o
Disturbing.
Bamboo dude. He's nicer.
And Orange dude is a recreation of the Grapefruit dude that was mean to Shiranui.

And Kaguya is cool. :cool:
Yeah, I like Bamboo dude better too. His and Kaguya's story almost made me cry. Almost. Okay, I cried. Don't judge me.
Thanks!
By the way, I think I'm going to get Okamiden soon.

NEW TOPIC! Which game's storyline is better? Okami or Okamiden?
Okami! There's much more to it since the game was made for a bigger console. And it made me cry more times than Okamiden.

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
Okay, since this is dead, let's revive with a TOPIC!

Amaterasu or Shiranui?

These wolves are first rate, here's a summary:

Amaterasu: Main character of Okami. Descendant of Shiranui, mother of Chibiterasu, and holder of the Celestial Brush Sunrise.

Shiranui: Previous incarnation of Amaterasu. Makes an appearance in Okami games. In Okami, he helps Amaterasu defeat Lechku and Nechku. He is master of all Celestial Brushes.

Okay, since this is dead, let's revive with a TOPIC!

Amaterasu or Shiranui?

These wolves are first rate, here's a summary:

Amaterasu: Main character of Okami. Descendant of Shiranui, mother of Chibiterasu, and holder of the Celestial Brush Sunrise.

Shiranui: Previous incarnation of Amaterasu. Makes an appearance in Okami games. In Okami, he helps Amaterasu defeat Lechku and Nechku. He is master of all Celestial Brushes.
Thank you, Ram-Ram! Now I can throw in my two cents without breaking the rules and double-posting. :D

Hmmm... Let's see... How should I do this...

Well, I love Ammy because of her derpiness and story line, but Shiranui is awesome too with his design and Solar Flare. Plus his sacrifice in the Lechku/Nechku area shall not go unnoticed.

I think I'm going with Amaterasu as my favorite, though, since I have to most history with her.

Dreamy

I have to give it to Amaterasu, though all due respect to Shiranui. Ammy steals my heart everytime, it has to be her.

EeveeSoulSilver

Dragon Trainer
Shiranui is cool but I have to go with Amaterasu since she actually is Shiranui. If you've played Okamiden it reaveals that Shiranui was actually Amaterasu but she was just called Shiranui by the villagers because they didn't know she was Amaterasu. Most people say that Shiranui's a guy but according to Okamiden Shiranui was actually a girl since it was still Amaterasu just under a different name. That's just what I believe, I'm not going to get into an argument over that cause there are some people who will disagree with me and I don't blame them cause some people say that Okamiden should've never been made since it was made by capcom and Okami was made by Clover Studio and some of the story of Okamiden ruins the fan theories about Okami especially with that one scene with Shiranui in Okamiden.

Shiranui is cool but I have to go with Amaterasu since she actually is Shiranui. If you've played Okamiden it reaveals that Shiranui was actually Amaterasu but she was just called Shiranui by the villagers because they didn't know she was Amaterasu. Most people say that Shiranui's a guy but according to Okamiden Shiranui was actually a girl since it was still Amaterasu just under a different name. That's just what I believe, I'm not going to get into an argument over that cause there are some people who will disagree with me and I don't blame them cause some people say that Okamiden should've never been made since it was made by capcom and Okami was made by Clover Studio and some of the story of Okamiden ruins the fan theories about Okami especially with that one scene with Shiranui in Okamiden.
Yeah, the gender of Shiranui has always confused me. I think of him as a boy, but I also find it weird to do that since he and Ammy are pretty much the same... person/wolf/god.
GAH. BRAIN CONFUSED.

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
Yeah, the gender of Shiranui has always confused me. I think of him as a boy, but I also find it weird to do that since he and Ammy are pretty much the same... person/wolf/god.
GAH. BRAIN CONFUSED.

Well IIRC....

In Japanese things (and by things I mean legends and such), gods are usually referred to as "genderless". Hence we have genderless Lugias on our Soul Silver games.
So Amaterasu IS genderless, but commonly referred to as female. And same with Shiranui and male.
Think of it this way:

Darkrai = Shiranui
Cresselia = Ammy

Now this is a horrible example, but it'll do.

Darkrai is like Shiranui. I think of Darkrai, I think ♂.
Cresselia: Well, looking at a MOON, I think ♀.

But they're actually genderless, IIRC.

Well IIRC....

In Japanese things (and by things I mean legends and such), gods are usually referred to as "genderless". Hence we have genderless Lugias on our Soul Silver games.
So Amaterasu IS genderless, but commonly referred to as female. And same with Shiranui and male.
Think of it this way:

Darkrai = Shiranui
Cresselia = Ammy

Now this is a horrible example, but it'll do.

Darkrai is like Shiranui. I think of Darkrai, I think ♂.
Cresselia: Well, looking at a MOON, I think ♀.

But they're actually genderless, IIRC.
That actually makes sense. The example is great in terms of Shira and Ammy. This makes me wish I knew more about Japanese lore, etc.

RAM-RAM, WHY U SO SMART?!

Because I was born that way

Because I watched a Youtube video.

Aannyway...Snape, could you think of a topic while I refill my topic box (aka my brain)?
ON IT. (sorry for the late reply, the club didn't pop up in my sub box -_-)

Most annoying character in the game ever in the history of ever?

For me, I have to say... *drumroll* The fishing kid you meet in Agata Forest! :D
Forgot his name! Woo!
Don't know why I find him so annoying, maybe because he tried to attack me when I was going to help him get his dog back.

Fluffyy

Peace ^-^!
ON IT. (sorry for the late reply, the club didn't pop up in my sub box -_-)

Most annoying character in the game ever in the history of ever?

For me, I have to say... *drumroll* The fishing kid you meet in Agata Forest! :D
Forgot his name! Woo!
Don't know why I find him so annoying, maybe because he tried to attack me when I was going to help him get his dog back.

If you mean the kid with the dog, and he was crying and you had to bump him to make him stop (Took me a while to figure it out), yeah he was a bit annoying xD. Well, I found Issun annoying at some points if the game; Jumping up and down on Ammy and stuff. But he's a pretty cool sidekick! Um, I can't think of any other annoying people.. I played the game so along ago >.<. Most of the people on Okami have interesting personalities I guess..

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
ON IT. (sorry for the late reply, the club didn't pop up in my sub box -_-)Most annoying character in the game ever in the history of ever? For me, I have to say... *drumroll* The fishing kid you meet in Agata Forest! :D Forgot his name! Woo! Don't know why I find him so annoying, maybe because he tried to attack me when I was going to help him get his dog back.
Hm, I like a lot of the characters. Maybe Mr. Grapefruit, though he was more mean that annoying. But he yelled at poor Ammy (and Shira). Also the woman with the vegetables. I dunno, most of the annoying characters that I remember are from LOA: Wind Waker.Also I can't really remember the fishing guy, when you say attack I think waving the pole at you.