• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Okido Live Caster Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
... It sounds more plausible that the Nimbasa Town/City episodes were rewritten/reanimated to remove the original Team Plasma centric plotline and replace it with a Team Rocket plot. If they made the decision to alter the timeline immediately after the first episodes were pulled they'd have 6-7 months to rework the first Nimbasa episodes.

That's if they did anything at all. I'm not entirely convinced.

A bigger question to ask is why they would remove episodes instead of rewrite them like the Fishing Filler. Even if it was for Team Plasma the Desert Resort incident would be old news by time the timeline got skewed so why not rewrite it so that would be their proper debut? You'd almost think that they were giving Team Plasma in general the Porygon Treatment in that case. After being connected to a real life disaster they simply will not exist.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
... It sounds more plausible that the Nimbasa Town/City episodes were rewritten/reanimated to remove the original Team Plasma centric plotline and replace it with a Team Rocket plot. If they made the decision to alter the timeline immediately after the first episodes were pulled they'd have 6-7 months to rework the first Nimbasa episodes.

That's if they did anything at all. I'm not entirely convinced.

A bigger question to ask is why they would remove episodes instead of rewrite them like the Fishing Filler. Even if it was for Team Plasma the Desert Resort incident would be old news by time the timeline got skewed so why not rewrite it so that would be their proper debut? You'd almost think that they were giving Team Plasma in general the Porygon Treatment in that case. After being connected to a real life disaster they simply will not exist.

It kinda hurts if you say it like that.. Like a smack in the face, but it only does so since there's probably a glint of truth in it..

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
You'd almost think that they were giving Team Plasma in general the Porygon Treatment in that case. After being connected to a real life disaster they simply will not exist.

The difference is the Porygon ep caused the incident, meanwhile this time eps were pulled because of a real-life incident that they didn't cause.

My guess is they're going to wait 1 full year from the earthquake and then air them. So we might finally see these eps around March of next year.

dman_dustin

If there are more skipped episodes, would than be possible that the reason we haven't seen Swadloon in a long time, is because it evolved in one of these "skipped" episodes. And showing up as a Leavanny would leave some viewers confused. Of course then that would mean all episodes with Leavanny in it would also have to be skipped.

I'm starting to wonder what episode we should be on, at this moment in time.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
If there are more skipped episodes, would than be possible that the reason we haven't seen Swadloon in a long time, is because it evolved in one of these "skipped" episodes. And showing up as a Leavanny would leave some viewers confused. Of course then that would mean all episodes with Leavanny in it would also have to be skipped.

Horrifying is it?

Lol, as we speak, all episodes with Leavanny could be edited at the moment to feature Swadloon again! xD

Just the feeling that we might not be getting told the story as it was supposed to be is irking me a lot...

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I don't think that is what dman meant, anyway if that happened, they just need to make an episode that fits the storyline that would make Swadloon evolve eventually.

Moltanic

OTTER MODE ACTIVATE!

I don't see why an off-screen evolution would be a problem? I mean people over here in the states were pretty damn confused when Ash just randomly displayed an entire herd of Tauros in an episode. But we got over it eventually.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I don't see why an off-screen evolution would be a problem? I mean people over here in the states were pretty damn confused when Ash just randomly displayed an entire herd of Tauros in an episode. But we got over it eventually.

Because for a Japanese audience, they would definitely edit things. They even re-edited the fishing episode so that Bianca leaves the group instead of staying with them, (since she was in the next 2 eps where it originally fit in)

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*

Funny I was just coming to this thread to post an idea like this.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
BW58's live caster featured Dotekkotsu from BW42... so I guess that proves there were a chunk of "skipped" episodes, and they're the episodes we're getting right now - the Maracacchi episode, the Mebukijika episode and the Gothimu episode were all meant to air much later than they actually did.

KKS-Lapras

I'd be curious as to whether Serebii knows anything about any other skipped episodes. He always seems to be a step ahead of everyone else here.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I'd be curious as to whether Serebii knows anything about any other skipped episodes. He always seems to be a step ahead of everyone else here.

No offense to Serebii, but how the hell would he know over other people whether their would be a skipped episode or not. Yes he gets a lot of information quickly, with his sources and whatnot, but I doubt any of us would know about the skipped episodes.

If we did, we'd know about them before hand, how would be know after they were meant to air?

Anyway, I agree Dephender, but when i saw Gurdurr on the live caster, I thought they could just be going back to the episode where it had a big role, instead of it having a bigger role later. But I guess it could be the latter option.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Anyway, I agree Dephender, but when i saw Gurdurr on the live caster, I thought they could just be going back to the episode where it had a big role, instead of it having a bigger role later. But I guess it could be the latter option.

The Live Caster order has always gone chronologically by first major appearance (meaning first appearance where it got major screentime, not how important it was to the plot), and BW42 is so far the only episode to have featured Dotekkotsu at all... so, well, it kinda has to be because of that episode.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
BW58's live caster featured Dotekkotsu from BW42... so I guess that proves there were a chunk of "skipped" episodes, and they're the episodes we're getting right now - the Maracacchi episode, the Mebukijika episode and the Gothimu episode were all meant to air much later than they actually did.

If that's the case then how do you explain that there have been no off-screen evo's or captures?

Surely if eps were skipped we'd probably see one of Ash's Pokemon evolved that didn't happen yet. But in the Deino ep, we still see Ash's Swadloon for example...

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I don't believe in a chunk of episode being skipped, or the Oak live caster being a proof but like I said I do think 2/3 episodes have been skipped due to the Plasma stuff not more than that.

Haunter ゴースト

If we at least got informed of episodes that were skipped i'd be alright, just to know how things were supposed to go, even though I enjoy the BW saga, I feel that it's being messed around and this is causing it to go downhill.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
If that's the case then how do you explain that there have been no off-screen evo's or captures?

Surely if eps were skipped we'd probably see one of Ash's Pokemon evolved that didn't happen yet. But in the Deino ep, we still see Ash's Swadloon for example...

Because there... weren't any?
And as I said, if this theory is correct, the Monozu episode is one of the skipped episodes, so of course we don't see anything that shouldn't be there in that.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Yes.

As detailed in the first post, the most recent set of Live Caster subjects has been:
BW51 - Archen (from BW39)
BW52 - Zorua (from BW40)
BW53 - Mooland (from BW41)
BW54 - Zebraika (from BW41/42)
BW55 - Vulgina (from BW45)
BW56 - Zuruzukin (from BW45)
BW57 - Choroneko (from BW46)
BW58 - Dotekkotsu (from BW42)

As anyone can tell, there's a huge, illogical gap between the Live Caster subjects of BW54 and 55, and there's a good amount of Pokemon who should've been featured there - BW42-44 all gave major screentime to previously several unfeatured Pokemon each.

BW58, though, featured Dotekkotsu, a Pokemon from BW42, as its Live caster subject. As such, there's good reason to believe BW58 was really intended to air right after BW54.

Also, note that when BW57 aired, people pointed out that Satoshi's badge case lacked the indents for the badges he didn't have - it's possible this is because this episode was meant to air after he won his 5th badge, and as such they had to paint it out when they moved the episode.

BW42-44 has a lot of featurable Pokemon - after Dotekkotsu, BW42 also has Komatana, then BW43 has Merlarva, Dageki and Muggyo, and BW44 has Gobit and Doryuzu. (Muggyo and Doryuzu aren't exactly new, but they never got all that much screentime before these episodes, and thus no live caster)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.