• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Okido Live Caster Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I think it's worth mentioning that this preview depicts the Elesa/Subway Boss/Alder/Deino/Cryogo-Man/Kami Trio order.

EDIT: Stupid me, I didn't see Joe's post.

What makes me wonder though about this... if this reordering was this abrupt, then what could have prompted it.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Today's live caster (for BW59) was BW42's Komatana, further proving the theory.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Copied from my earlier post:

BW46: Beartic from BW36
BW47: Roggenrola from BW37
BW48: Gothita from BW38
BW49: No Livecaster, Probably Solosis from BW38
BW50: No Livecaster, Probably Audino from BW38
BW51: Archen from BW39
BW52: Zorua from BW40
BW53: Stoutland from BW41
BW54: Zebstrika from BW42
BW58: Gurdurr from BW42
BW59: Pawniard from BW42
BW60: Larvesta from BW43 (appeared before Sawk)
BW61: Sawk from BW43 (appeared after Larvesta)
BW62: Golett from BW44 (only one that hasn't had a LC yet)

BW55: Mandibuzz from BW45
BW56: Scrafty from BW45
BW57: Purrloin from BW46

The ones who didn't show in the original order were: Gurdurr, Pawniard, Sawk, Larvesta and Golett.

Gurdurr and Pawniard featured heavily in BW42, along with Stephan's Zebstrika, which did get it's LiveCaster, along with some footage of the gym battle.

This means we're still to get: Larvesta, Sawk and Golett. And alas! We have three episodes for those to fit in!

Then the proposed for further episodes, in order to completely prove the order:

BW63: Beheeyem or Duosion from BW47
BW64: Cubchoo or Mienfoo from BW48
BW65: No new debuts for BW49 (subway part 1), but there was a shaded Haxorus, and it had moments in earlier episodes, so it's possible.
BW66: Eelektross or Chandelure from BW50?
BW67: Shelmet from BW51
BW68: Tynamo from BW52
BW69: Whichever from Eelektross and Chandelure didn't get the LC in BW66, from BW53.
BW70: Bouffalant, or Gigalith from BW54.
BW71: Deino from BW58
BW72: Accelgor from BW59
BW73: Pansear from BW60
BW74: Thundurus from BW61
BW75: Tornadus from BW61
BW76: Landlos from BW62
BW77: Boldore, or Seismitoad (possible) from BW63
BW78: Maractus from BW55
BW79: Amoongus from BW56
BW80: Garbodor from BW57

BW81: Something from BW64

Meaning that we'll only back on regular track when we hit BW81 at the earliest, as some pokemon from a single episode can be spread over multiple, such as the first two pair. The ultimate proof will be if we get the Maractus, Amoongus and Garbodor LC's in this order at the least.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I'm pretty sure we'll get Doryuzu from BW44 too - it features heavily in it, and didn't get one related to its two other notable appearances. There's also some very notable screentime for Muggyo in BW43.

BW59-63 all chronologically lead into each other, so BW55-57 were originally meant to go after BW63 at least.

Last edited:

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Where should we be now?

Note: I understand that the banned episodes, the tragic cause and the ensuing ongoing suffering in Japan are sensitive issues still, this is meant to be nothing more than an objective question. Mods feel free to close this if other threads already cover all the material here

The way the current saga has panned out, and WAS panning out before the Team Plasma episodes were removed makes me wonder was it really planned that the writers would cover Driftveil and cold storage aswell as Nimbasa's theme park without encounters of TP. Also, were we meant to get Elesa's and Clay's battles so soon? Or Roggenrola's upcoming evolution?

Perhaps the reason Ash had so many Unova Pokemon to develop was that the writers wanted to slow the gym pace down once TP were involved which would allow more time to develop the team? Then no post league action on the East side of Unova?

A lot of you said that when the quake happened, episodes up to probably 35 were already almost finished in development. But since then, whilst the pace hasn't seemingly changed, do you think plans for where Best Wishes goes from here have?

Or am I just overthinking things relating to gyms, evolutions etc...............

Locormus

Well, there is the Oak's Live Caster thread, that shows how some stuff is kinda shady.

Oak's Live Caster centers around a pokemon that has debuted already in a previous episode, and they do it in chronological order. So if a Live Caster was about a certain pokemon, the next live caster would center around a pokemon that appeared in the next episode from which the previous centered pokemon was in.

This then shows a thread of episodes, if an episode is skipped in this order of Live Caster centered pokemon, then an episode might've been skipped, or rearranged as recent episodes have shown:
- Gurdurr and Pawniard from the Don Battle episodes featured in the live casters of the Deino and Accelgor episodes, while the Purrloin and Mandibuzz from the subsequent episodes featured earlier in the line of Live Casters.

This suggest that the order was switched. Why is unknown.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I doubt we'd be anywhere significantly different from where we are now. The anime has always been pretty slow with the Team Whatever plots, and they usually play out completely differently from the games as well, so Plasma may well have not been planned to show up at Nimbasa or Cold Storage anyway.

I doubt we'd be anywhere significantly different from where we are now. The anime has always been pretty slow with the Team Whatever plots, and they usually play out completely differently from the games as well, so Plasma may well have not been planned to show up at Nimbasa or Cold Storage anyway.

I thought Team Galactic had some really good episodes. I liked the one in Veilstone, Iron Island, Celestic Town, and the three episodes with the Lake Guardians, Palkia, and Dialga. I thought it panned out great and I hope Plasma, when they finally debut and get some episodes, are as good and maybe better than the villians in the past.

About the pacing of the Anime, I like the longer and shorter gaps and how it's going. I think that the gap inbetween Nimbasa and Driftveil should have been longer, even though it is really short in the game. I am happy, though, that they made the connetion with Alder on the route before the Driftveil Bridge. On a side note, I woul dhave liked to have seen an episode dediated to the Driftveil Drawbridge.

Last edited:

pokeaussie37

As long as what they do is better than Magma and Aqua...

I don't think it would be overly different where we are now. Up to at least Nimbasa would have remained predominantly the same, maybe Clay might be a couple more episodes later than what he proved to be. I can see it affecting it down the road a bit, but hopefully it's not drastic or anything.

I dunno, if anything we've just had episodes rearranged rather than eliminated. Why those changes were made is unknown, but they may well have just needed a little extra time to edit those episodes i.e. Deino, Accelgor and Cilan vs. Chili (moved backward I believe?), and the Maractus, Sawsbuck, and Gothita episodes were moved forward if that was the case.

Edit: Rank up!

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Hope no one minds that I merged this with the Live Caster thread. As I'm already in doubt as to whether we need two threads discussing the schedule disruption caused by the TP eps, there's definitely no more space for a third one ;]

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I thought Team Galactic had some really good episodes. I liked the one in Veilstone, Iron Island, Celestic Town, and the three episodes with the Lake Guardians, Palkia, and Dialga. I thought it panned out great and I hope Plasma, when they finally debut and get some episodes, are as good and maybe better than the villians in the past.

About the pacing of the Anime, I like the longer and shorter gaps and how it's going. I think that the gap inbetween Nimbasa and Driftveil should have been longer, even though it is really short in the game. I am happy, though, that they made the connetion with Alder on the route before the Driftveil Bridge. On a side note, I woul dhave liked to have seen an episode dediated to the Driftveil Drawbridge.

I wasn't saying I disliked how the anime handled the Teams, if that's what it came off as. Nothing wrong with taking the plot at their own pace and in their own direction, right?

fukamaru

BW46: Beartic from BW36
BW47: Roggenrola from BW37
BW48: Gothita from BW38
BW49: No Livecaster, Probably Solosis from BW38
BW50: No Livecaster, Probably Audino from BW38
BW51: Archen from BW39
BW52: Zorua from BW40
BW53: Stoutland from BW41
BW54: Zebstrika from BW42
BW58: Gurdurr from BW42
BW59: Pawniard from BW42
BW60: Larvesta from BW43 (appeared before Sawk)
BW61: Sawk from BW43 (appeared after Larvesta)
BW62: Golett from BW44 (only one that hasn't had a LC yet)
BW55: Mandibuzz from BW45
BW56: Scrafty from BW45
BW57: Purrloin from BW46
Just re-watched BW055 (Maractus episode). Ash said about his upcoming Driftveil gym battle but then Cilan explained that it's not Driftveil City (at beginning of episode). So i can't get how Maractus episode could be BW061 (after Ash VS Clay according to live caster) and not BW055?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Just re-watched BW055 (Maractus episode). Ash said about his upcoming Driftveil gym battle but then Cilan explained that it's not Driftveil City (at beginning of episode). So i can't get how Maractus episode could be BW061 (after Ash VS Clay according to live caster) and not BW055?

Because that part of the script got added after they moved the episode, obviously. Just like the various obvious script changes to the fishing episode.

I wasn't saying I disliked how the anime handled the Teams, if that's what it came off as. Nothing wrong with taking the plot at their own pace and in their own direction, right?

I know what you meant and I agree completely. The various Teams should take their own direction in order to do what they want to achieve, but still doing some of the in-game things that we like. Like Galactic: I liked the Celestic Town episodes personally.

dman_dustin

Because that part of the script got added after they moved the episode, obviously. Just like the various obvious script changes to the fishing episode.

I'm not disagreeing with your theory but the Maractus episode seems too unusual, I'm just not quite understanding it.

If it took place after the gym, then I think it would have to be more than just script changing to explain it.

The animation works that Ash thinks he's in Driftveil City, but he learns that he's not.

Now assuming the animation didn't change, why is Ash excited? Was it really Mistralton City he thought was in, even after one episode? I'm not sure I buy that because I would assume then that Ash would be close to the town/city before claiming he was there, and odds are it's going to be one giant trek before we reach Skyla, and I'm sure that's ignoring any possible episode switch-ups.

So I just don't quite buy it. If the animation was the same, and Ash was initially excited about the gym and it was the Mistralton Gym, there's just some logic problems with it, because he couldn't just leave Driftveil City and the next location he goes to is Mistralton City, granted Ash could be THAT stupid, but I would presumably think they checked a map first and at least between Nimbasa City and Driftveil City there's just a bridge, so that would make way it would be sensible that it would be Driftveil (ignoring anime-exclusive locations). Because there's a whole lot of crap going on between Driftveil and Mistralton, like the Chargestone Cave for example.

However if that whole scene was changed (animation-wise), then it might make more sense, assuming the original scene was Ash checking out his badge, making some stupid comment, and then cue the Maractus part.

Overall the biggest problem I have with it, is if it actually took place just AFTER the gym, unless it was animated differently. If it was merely a script change, I'm just not sure it makes any sense given Ash actions in beginning, and assuming they were similar, just different gyms.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
However if that whole scene was changed (animation-wise), then it might make more sense, assuming the original scene was Ash checking out his badge, making some stupid comment, and then cue the Maractus part.

Also a possibility, of course. It's still not entirely clear if this was meant to be the first episode to follow the gym or not, either. We'll understand the situation better come early 2012.

And hey, now we have the fact that this episode has a random Dredear and Dredear being properly introduced in the first Milos episode arguing for this episode being meant to take place later, too. Who wants to bet there'll be a "What's that Pokemon?" scene next week?

Last edited:

Locormus

I'm not disagreeing with your theory but the Maractus episode seems too unusual, I'm just not quite understanding it.

If it took place after the gym, then I think it would have to be more than just script changing to explain it.

The animation works that Ash thinks he's in Driftveil City, but he learns that he's not.

Now assuming the animation didn't change, why is Ash excited? Was it really Mistralton City he thought was in, even after one episode? I'm not sure I buy that because I would assume then that Ash would be close to the town/city before claiming he was there, and odds are it's going to be one giant trek before we reach Skyla, and I'm sure that's ignoring any possible episode switch-ups.

So I just don't quite buy it. If the animation was the same, and Ash was initially excited about the gym and it was the Mistralton Gym, there's just some logic problems with it, because he couldn't just leave Driftveil City and the next location he goes to is Mistralton City, granted Ash could be THAT stupid, but I would presumably think they checked a map first and at least between Nimbasa City and Driftveil City there's just a bridge, so that would make way it would be sensible that it would be Driftveil (ignoring anime-exclusive locations). Because there's a whole lot of crap going on between Driftveil and Mistralton, like the Chargestone Cave for example.

Overall the biggest problem I have with it, is if it actually took place just AFTER the gym, unless it was animated differently. If it was merely a script change, I'm just not sure it makes any sense given Ash actions in beginning, and assuming they were similar, just different gyms.

Lol, you're making this toooo hard. The animation doesn't work that Ash thinks that he's in Driftveil. The animation works in the sense that Ash thinks that he can get his new badge in the town he's now arrived in, only to be disappointed. Nothing in the animation specifies any sign of Driftveil, so the line of Mistralton (if there even was) in the original could've easily be swapped for Driftveil in the new version..

What the original lines could've easily been:

Ash: [happy, because he just got his gym badge]All right, I'm ready for the next gym! Where is it in this town???
Cilan: Nope, sorry, it's in Mistralton, a different city further away..
Ash: [disappointed]Aww.. :(
Que Maractus training...

You're clinging too much to the pressumed new script.. From what I've seen, nothing in the animation can disprove that this could've easily been the original..

dman_dustin

Lol, you're making this toooo hard. The animation doesn't work that Ash thinks that he's in Driftveil.
Well assume for a moment they were heading to Driftveil City, Ash comes to a town/city, if he was being stupid he would assume such a place is Driftveil City.

The animation works in the sense that Ash thinks that he can get his new badge in the town he's now arrived in, only to be disappointed.
Ash isn't one to presume that any town or city has a gym, especially when Cilan or someone else tells him the next gym.

No sense in Ash assuming that HippityhoppityCubchoo City has a gym when he knows his next destination is Driftveil City or Mistralton City. That's way too stupid even for Ash.

Look back to when it was just Ash and Iris, Ash thought he was in Striaton City, when Iris said he was in Nuvema Town. So Ash might not know all the cities and towns between gyms, but he knows the location and general direction of the next gym battle and gym badge.

Nothing in the animation specifies any sign of Driftveil, so the line of Mistralton (if there even was) in the original could've easily be swapped for Driftveil in the new version.
Usually, although maybe not always, Ash does like to look at his newly acquired gym badge in the next episode.

Granted it could take a few episodes, but if Ash was THAT excited about a new gym after defeating Clay, he would look at his new badge, and that would require some changes in the animation.

What the original lines could've easily been:

Ash: [happy, because he just got his gym badge]All right, I'm ready for the next gym! Where is it in this town???
Cilan: Nope, sorry, it's in Mistralton, a different city further away..
Ash: [disappointed]Aww.. :(
Que Maractus training...

You're clinging too much to the pressumed new script.. From what I've seen, nothing in the animation can disprove that this could've easily been the original..

That only works IF Ash didn't know he was going to Mistralton City in the first place, which is another unlikely possibility since they wouldn't JUST travel randomly without a destination in mind.

Which means there's no sense leaving Driftveil City and heading in the direction of the next gym, not knowing where the location of the next gym takes place. That's like heading back to Nimbasa City and then one of the characters scream and say "WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY" even if that would be humorous, it's still pretty stupid of them.

Janovy

Banned
So let us assume these episode were aired out of order or so to say 'manipulated'.

How likely is it that this has something to do with Team Plasma?

Status
Not open for further replies.