1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Old Man with the Hidden door

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by xlucky08x, Dec 1, 2007.

1. xlucky08x

xlucky08x Well-Known Member

(Emerald version)Ok...theres this old man in Sootopolis City and he has a door blocked by trees. What is in the door and how do you get in? His house is the first house south east. ;201-?;;201-?;

2. Anaya

Anaya Synthesis

I'm pretty sure it has to do with a Nintendo event or the Mystery Gift. But I'm not entirely sure.

3. It has to do with E-Reader cards, which I believe was left out of all non-japanese versions. If not, then it has to with scanning an E-reader card to let you through.

4. WestCoastNinja

WestCoastNinja Killer Shark

but whats in there?

5. maxx unlimited

maxx unlimited <-Gender Undisclosed

I was going to ask the same thing....

6. Azure Wolf

Azure Wolf Well-Known Member

I believe you get some pretty much useless information or something, I'm not sure.

7. latiaswindblast

latiaswindblast Well-Known Member

I you use an e-reader with an e-card you can battle the trainers that are on that e-card.

8. cxoa

cxoa Heat Trainer

its in the us/uk ruby and sapphire but e-reader compatibility was removed form emerald.

9. -Summer-

-Summer- BeatFreaks Fo Lyfe<3

wow I never knew the e-reader had anything to do with that. Plus there was another house I think in the island where tate and liza are with a old man in it. You cant go upstairs, whats in it?

10. Locke Yggdrasill

Locke Yggdrasill Eustis on reddit

That's for the e-reader thing, I'm pretty sure. I don't know about sootopolis though.

11. pikachu65

pikachu65 Well-Known Member

I heard that some lady will battle you in that room if you use e reader but i'm not 100% sure

12. swampert55

swampert55 Well-Known Member

The locked door in Mossdeep in Ruby/Sapphire looks like this:

[​IMG]

The one in Sootopolis in Emerald looks like this:

[​IMG]

This is what happens when you talk to him. The game then resets.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  13. PkmnWill

PkmnWill PokeLover Will

That's pretty odd...

14. davidone10

davidone10 The new tuxedo look!

Yes, it was originally supposed to be a pseudo-event that would unlock the enigma berry and a few bonus trainer (I believe) but when nintendo bailed the e-reader, that building and that door have pretty much lost all their utility.