• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ole' Berate & Switch! (452)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Ole' Berate & Switch!

After failing to capture Pikachu and finally one up the twerps. Jessie, James & Meowth decide to go their seperate ways within the Team Rocket Organisation and end up teaming up with their rivals...Butch & Cassidy. Butch teams up with Jessie which Cassidy goes with James. Both teams have their eyes set on showing that they work and capturing Pikachu. Will they do this and will Jessie & James reunite?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Serebii said:
Team Rocket's Disbandment!? Respective Roads!

After failing to capture Pikachu and finally one up the twerps. Jessie, James & Meowth decide to go their seperate ways within the Team Rocket Organisation and end up teaming up with their rivals...Butch & Cassidy. Butch teams up with Jessie which Cassidy goes with James. Both teams have their eyes set on showing that they work and capturing Pikachu. Will they do this and will Jessie & James reunite?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

what happens to Meowth?

NoDot

Gone
General rule: you shouldn't post in the episode's discussion thread unless you've seen it or screenshots. It saves people form junk like the above.

Closer to the topic, I await this episode, and I hope to enjoy it. I shall return when I've actually seen it...

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
Hope every one enjoyed the episode. I'm curious about what happens to Meowth as well. Poor Ash get's teamed up on LOL, two Team Rockets trying to get his pal. Can't wait for the images and reviews...

S

Shining_Espeon

Cannot wait until pictures go up. This sounds like an awesome episode. We finally get confrontation between Butch and Cassidy and Ash and Co since Johto.

Haha. I bet Ash and Co. were really confused by the switch.

Poor Ash :'(
It's bad enough that Jessie and James are always after Pikachu. Now he has Butch and Cassidy (on the new teams) to deal with as well.

What happened to Meowth? Did he become his own third "team"?

Last edited by a moderator:
N

nachocheeez

Ohhhhh, this is sooooo exciting!!! Finally a good story line with TR. This will probably take years to come to Australia so I will be definately looking at the pics and trying to work out what happened.

JazzJazz

nachocheeez said:
This will probably take years to come to Australia so I will be definately looking at the pics and trying to work out what happened.

People always say this, but we've currently got season 8 screening so I'm sure that season 9 will come next year or late this year... it's not as bad here as a lot of people make out.

N

nachocheeez

LOL... is it season 8 on now??? Oops. See I'm actually from Australia but I didn't even know what season it was, I haven't been paying attention and I always miss the theme song so I don't know what season it is. So season 9 might actually come here eventually... :D that's good to know!

Also, when this episode is shown in America could someone upload it on YouTube? Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:

FireHead Hank

Matt Fanboy
I've seen the pics.
Looks like Butch and Cassidy have organized some kind of pokmeon tournament, with the plan to steal the peoples pokemon. It is Meowth who brings Team Rocket back together by reminding them that they had a great friendship and stuff. I like that we see Rocket "Grunts" in this episode, it shows us that Team Rocket really isnt just "Jessie, James and Meowth"....

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
Ya just saw pics...lot of TR memebers....beside Butch and Cassidy...

Cassidy pulls James with her...and Jessie gets ****** or jealous and pulls Butch with her...

yea the tournment got Ash some experience and soem nice Corpish battle time...

omg the flow of pokeballs amazing...Butch and Cassidy are good but not good with the twerps

TR should do the same go away from ASH!!

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Wow other trainers actually fending off TR grunts, that had to be the highlight of the episode, Nice to see a Rhydon effortlessly crush something. Poor Doduo never had a chance.

Steffrox

de cold & de sorrow
awww Kawaii, i love tr episodes, glad the got back together and things went' back to normal.
i loved how jessie got annoyed and kicked that fire extinguisher

[IMG139]http://www.pixpond.com/1/7h8h6.JPG[/IMG139]

lol trust them to go to exactly the same place as each other

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Cassidy and Butch have offically gone down hill rehashibng Jessie and James' old idea. The scary part that it was actually Working until J&J showed up.

Other than that it was a rather ho-hum filler which was only saved by the gang battle in the end and the humor all around.

Steffrox

de cold & de sorrow
lol it was funny how cassidy just chaved james to annoy jessie, and pulled him down the hall, i really wish that fire extinguisher had smacked her in the head cos she is a little bit of a cow. I still like her tho. I was pleased to see all those grunts as well

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
I saw the episode, and it was a pretty good one. I'd expect nothing less from a Rocket-centered filler.

-when Rocket Dan are kidnapping Pikachu at the beginning, Pikachu actually escapes by simply unhinging a lock on its cage. XD
-shortly before splitting up, Musashi mentions having a talking Persian, which obviously makes Nyaasu emo.
-sweet, a One-day Tournament in which Heigani gets some battle spotlight, plus a Kairos gets to appear. Distract people from getting their Monster Balls stolen by having a tournament... why can't more Rocket schemes be like this?^^
-LOL! Garagara gets KOed, and then its Bonemerang returns to bounce off of its head. Nice touch.
-Yamato wore a mask of Joy, in which the mouth didn't even move (but as you'd expect, it was enough to fool anybody).
-we get to see more of Takeshi and his strange reactions around fakes. Masato pulls him by the ear only for Takeshi to say he didn't feel anything (it's worth noting that when he asks "Joy" to clean his Monster Balls, he doesn't do it in some over-the-top flirty manner like usual). Haruka makes note of this when Masato reveals Joy was a fake.
-Yamato mentions Nanba, getting his name wrong again. Out of nowhere, Nanba calls her to correct it.
-is it just me, or when Yamato/Musashi were asking Kojirou/Kosaburou to pair up with them, they did it in a very seductive manner? Some people in the shipping business are gonna have a field day, I just know it.
-when both switched-up duos do their respective mottos, Musashi and Kojirou were saying lines from their new motto, while Yamato and Kosaburou are using their lines from their unchanged mottos. These mottos have different formats (since Yamato/Kosaburou's motto have the same format as Musashi/Kojirou's old one). As you can guess, there was a bit of confusion (and the girls getting frustrated XD).
-Takeshi calls Kojirou "Kosanji" (which Kosaburou is constantly mistaken for).
-some of the audience members of the stadium were disguised as Rocket grunts (though, it's a bit of an insult that they're using unevolved Pokemon like Zubat and Dodo while all those kids have things like Saidon and Kapoera... and this is the friggin organization here, not the usual comic-relief guys).
-this is interesting.... when Satoshi-tachi are giving their speech on the importance of their Pokemon and all the memories, journeys, etc. they share together from the time they meet, we see still-shots of Satoshi recieving Pikachu (and in his pajamas I might add... that's better continuity than that "World of Pokemon" thing played before some of the older movies), a scene of Pikachu battling, and... get this, a scene of the group along with Achamo and Oosubame. I can understand the significance of Achamo, since it's Haruka's first Pokemon and goes along with the scene of Satoshi getting his Pikachu, but what was the purpose of Oosubame? Seems kinda wierd, especially considering Oosubame and Achamo were around together for a rather brief time before Achamo evolved.
-that Morphon and Ledian seen in the preview just belonged to some random grunt and some random kid during the big brawl.
-three vocal songs are featured this episode. Maemuki Rocket Dan (which was kind of a given) played at the beginning, Pokemon Symphonic Medley plays when the Monster Balls are rolling into the stadium and a bit into the fight with Rocket Dan, and Nyaasu no Uta when Nyaasu is bringing up how they used to divide everything three ways before breaking up that biscuit he found earlier (right before the moment's interrupted by a kid coming up and having Saidon use Fury Attack on them). Maemuki Rocket Dan plays a second time, after Yamato/Kosaburou are blasted off and when Musashi/Kojirou do their motto.
-Rocket Dan blast off saying "Ii kanji!" (This feels good!), as opposed to the usual opposite. They're apparently too relieved to be back together to care.
-OK, I forgot to mention this last episode, but what the f*** is with that "Remembering Pokemon DX" for the Trivia Quiz? Where does the "DX" come in? It actually seems even more retarded than the regular "Remembering Pokemon". At least that called for being sure to spot certain details in the scene. This just asks you to recognize 6 Pokemon, then replaces one with its evolution. Wooh! I noticed Dodo got replaced by Dodrio, I'm a friggin genius. God, this thing gets dumber by the second.... is Orchid's lecture ever gonna come back?

Last edited:
Ok here's my review:

* Cassidy as Nurse Joy as good, but the thing is did Brock fall in love with this Joy? Since he doesn't fall in love with fake Joy's (Brock's sixth sense I guess :p) but if he did that means he fell in love with Cassidy o_o;

* James and Cassidy reactions were hilarious, nice since we've never really seen them react to each other. Same for Jessie and Butch.

* Good the writers didn't forget about Namba, he had like a corner shot....:p

* Ash had to enter like a continuous tournament with Corphish, yawn...

* Max is the one who found out James and Cassidy, so go Max.

* WTF? More Corphish then all these grunts appear and start fighting everyone.

* Someone care to explain these scenes to me (1, 2, 3)

I know they are flashbacks kinda but why? Anyone know?

* Offically hate the previews, damn Ledian and Venomoth. And Castform and Skarmory to for that matter.

* Wow ha ha everything's back to normal again......:p

Damnit Corphish, that was just overdose of it.

Last edited:

Blazken

Boulder Trainer
This look like a funnie ep. And was about team Rocket did somthing else beside get in the way of Ash and co