• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ole' Berate & Switch! (452)

Heracross

Custom User Title
Well, when the title was first announced I had expected a more emotional type episode, but comedy is certainly appreciated. Although I've got to say, everyone getting Kosaburou's name wrong... isn't funny anymore. Takeshi calling Kojirou Kosanji, on the other hand, was pure gold.

But my favorite part was when Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyasu bump into each other while collecting monster balls and get all sentimental, only to be blasted off by some random guy's Saidon. XD

And it was nice to see some Rocket-dan grunts in action for the first time in so long. Kinda reminiscent of the St. Anne episode with all the trainers squaring off against them.

Grunts and a mention of Nanba? I was hoping for Mondo. I knew it wouldn't happen but still :(.

Anyways, sounds like a great ep from what I've read in this thread. But then again, I tend to enjoy most eps that have TR doing more than just capturing Pikachu and their other usual stuff.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Also, is this the first time TR are shown capturing Pikachu and getting blasted off before the opening even starts? Groovy.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
MagicBox said:
Boy, Team Rocket is becoming less and less of a threat every day.
Oh please, judging by recent eps, you can't say that Team Rocket have become sloppy. There have been several times where they came really close to winning.

Steffrox

de cold & de sorrow
Yeah, Team rocket try there hardest but aslong as they are doing bad things they won't suceed (which isn't really fair) whenever they do proper jobs they succeed and flourish.
I'm glad that this episode didn't spell the end for Jessie and james, they are by far the most developed characters on the show

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
Steffrox said:
Yeah, Team rocket try there hardest but aslong as they are doing bad things they won't suceed (which isn't really fair) whenever they do proper jobs they succeed and flourish.
I'm glad that this episode didn't spell the end for Jessie and james, they are by far the most developed characters on the show
Still I was hoping that this would be the end of TR because of their incompetence. I mean, in the end TR haven't changed a bit.

Last edited:

Nyami

I didn't see all of this episode but I did see the part where Meowth finds the cookies and thinks of how TR split everything in 3's. The scene goes til TR gets blasted off by a boy with his Rhydon. Meowth's Japanese voice is very funny and the scene was great. I wish I could see the Jp. episode.

Evil Azurill

RIP Maddie
I find it hilarious that Brock get's James' name wrong. It just goes to prove that Cassidy must be so hot, no one ever gives her partner - no matter who she's partnered with - a second look.

I can't wait to see the dub of this on Monday. I want to see how PUSA handles Butch's voice.

I worked my whole schedule around this episode. xD I rarely watch the pokemon anime anymore, with the exception of Chronicles, but I'll drop everything and run to the TV for a Butch and Cassidy appearance. ^o^

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was pretty good. It was good to see Pikachu free itself for once. At first, I actually thought TR was going to split up for good, but after looking through the spoilers, it changed my mind. It was good to see Butch and Cassidy in the animei instead of the chronicles, although I'm not too crazy about their new voices. Prof. Namba's quick appearance was funny. It was kind of disappointing that Butch doesn't spazz when someone mispronounces his name. IMO, that actually made him a funny character. It was hilarious when Butch messed up the motto with Jessie as well as TR's moment was killed by Rhydon's Horn Attack.

Nyami

Well, the dub has some differences from the Japanese version that I wish weren't there, but I still like this episode. I like Cassidy's new voice. It's way different from the original but better than her first replacement. Except at the times when she kind of sounded like an old lady. Houn-DOUR's name is now Houn-DOOR again but I don't really care that much. Butch's voice sounds just about the same to me. Is there a ship for Butch/Jesse? I think there should be one. Not the greatest ship, but I still like that scene in the back hallway after Jesse kicks the extinguisher. I thought it was funny when Jesse started ranting about Cassidy and Butch thought Jesse was talking about herself. I find it kind of annoying how characters who have never seen Butch and Cassidy before magically know who they are. They did it with Tracey and Richie, now May and Max.I really liked how the trainers fought off off all the grunts in the mini-war that broke out. There hasn't been something like that since "Battle Aboard the St. Anne". When the grunts ran from the building I was thinking, "How in the hell were there THAT many grunts in that building?"

Rating: 7/10

Last edited:

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
Kinda wish TR was truly gone for good.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Max is a friggin genius, he knows peoples names through psychic powers!

EDIT: Seeing RHydon in action gets me pumped for it's evo's appearance!

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Seriously, I was thinking "When the hell did Max meet B&C?" Ash can't remember what a Flygon is, yet Max can remember people he's never before seen in his life?

I would seriously laugh myself to death if anyone actually complained about Nanba's voice (for obvious reasons).

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
Seriously, I was thinking "When the hell did Max meet B&C?" Ash can't remember what a Flygon is, yet Max can remember people he's never before seen in his life?

I was thinking the same thing about Max too. How the hell he knew his name?

This episode was enteratining, I managed to catch it since my favorite show on FOX wasn't on today.

I was hoping Team Rocket wasn't gonna break out for good, but if they did, then where will the comedy come from. Of course they won't stay mad at each other.

The whole fake tournament was smart, too bad Cassidy and Butch ain't smart since they are in a way I see it dumber then Jessie and James.

ANd to add, the voices were better than usual or its just me...

Freya

Noam Chompsky
Honestly i thought it was worse than it would be its still deserving a 6.5/10 but still it could have been better but Butch and Cassedy were good to see in BF when Max said "OMG its B & C" (heh that rymed) I was like oh i musta missed a B & C ep or something like that..aparently by the last few posts looks like they have never met...i loved then sentimental moment between TR then all of a sudden Rhydon Horn Attack XDDDDDDDDD

Medea

Excalibur
I've said it before and I will say it again. James and Butch can never win with Cassidy and Jessie. Well pretty good episode. Butch's voice doesn't sound horrible and it isn't annoying as the first. AND THEREFORE IT DOES NOT SUCK! Before, he sounded like a bullfrog. Now with an episode with all four of the rocket members, you know there were a lot of funny lines. And of course the Butch name screw-ups were funnier than the ones on the Chronicles. I just loved it when Cassidy called Namba, Samba. Cassidy's new voice has gotten on my nerves at first. But during the first commercial, I had to remind myself of Cassidy's former voices so it didn't bother me.

ONE MORE THING!!! Butch and Cassidy weren't in any of the episodes in Hoenn right? Because during that time, they were in Kanto causing havoc around my sexy love.

SO HOW DOES MAX KNOW ABOUT THEM! That annoying little twit has never met Butch and Cassidy and doesn't know what they look like. So how the hell could he know?

*rantrantrant*

And that is all.