• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ole' Berate & Switch! (452)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Wow, one full motto and two 3/4-length mottos all in the same episode. As a motto lover, I was in heaven with this episode. :) I loved how Butch and Cassidy kept messing up the mottos too (though I liked Butch's "I'm doing this all from memory"). I didn't really like the new Cassidy voice, but I thought the new Butch was right on. Let's face it, love or hate his voice, Butch just wouldn't be Butch without the frog voice, right? I especially liked his line "That girl's known me forever and still calls me more names than you can find in a baby book". LOL :D I was surprised with all the voice changes that Nanba's exactly the same, though I shouldn't be surprised since the gengar in the Mystery Dungeon special had his voice (LOL at "Samba").

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode. The temporary breakup between Jessie, James, and Meowth wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, and it was so sweet how Meowth got them back together. :) It was funny to hear Butch called "Paunch" too. LOL One little quibble, though: WHERE did Max learn about Butch and Cassidy?!? They never shared an episode before.

Overall, 10/10.

Geodude

I thought I mentioned this already, but just think about all the travel time the gang has had. It's not hard to imagine that Ash and Brock have used some of that time to tell May and Max lots of stories about their past adventures. This was even hinted at at the beginning of the Misty two-parter; May and Max already knew who she was.

edit: I did indeed, on the last page in fact.

Last edited:

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
Overall, I really enjoyed this episode. The temporary breakup between Jessie, James, and Meowth wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, and it was so sweet how Meowth got them back together. :) It was funny to hear Butch called "Paunch" too. LOL One little quibble, though: WHERE did Max learn about Butch and Cassidy?!? They never shared an episode before.

What did you expect? This is Pokemon, the land of plot holes. XD

Anyhow, I was surprised as to how well PUSA handled the rest of Team Rocket. They kept the "My name is Butch" running joke intact and I loved how Cassidy more-or-less hit on James. My only qualm about the episode was that PUSA seemed unable to make up their mind as to the type of food Meowth used to bring his teammates together. Is it a cookie? Is it a biscuit? Is it Jimmy Hoffa?

Last edited:

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
Is Cassidy really voiced by Hilary Thomas? Because judging by the tone she doesn't sound like the other characters Hilary has voiced in eps before this.

Rommath

▲_▲
Okay for a Team Rocket-focused episode. Cassisy and "Biff"'s reappearance was nice, seeing as they didn't appear at all in Hoenn and only briefly in "The Scheme Team". If Max hadn't have shown up they might have got away with the scam too.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I wasn't impressed with this episode at all. Seriously, how many times have Jessie, James, and Meowth had a fight? They always stick together in the end anyway, so what was the point in having them split up in this episode? It was good to see Butch and Cassidy again (and their new dub voices). But seeing them with different partners this time just wasn't the best thing to see. Butch and Cassidy belong together, and Jessie and James belong together. 3/10.

Last edited:

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
It does make sense for May and Max to know who TR was because as Geodude said Brock and Ash would have told them offscreen. What do you think they just walk in utter silence until the next episode.

It was interesting to see Jessie and James with different partners and the mottos between the new partners, so it wasn't a too bad episode but obivously TR wasn't going to break up, much less partner for good with another team they don't even like.

saar

Shiny Flygon
It was great to see so many pokemon of the Team of Rocket, like Dodrio, Rhyfon and more.
I never thought Jessie will team up with Butch. I think it's a great idea ha ha, sounds funny to see James with the nervious Cassidy. Eventually I can't see them being together altough they are from the same team.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Funny how Jessie teamed up with Butch and James with Cassidy... but of course they could not stay like that for long

I always enjoy episodes where TR say their going to go their separate ways. But, as usual, by the end of the episode, they end up back together.

It's been a while since I've seen actual TR grunts!

Also cool to see Botch and Cassidy again!

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to have Cassidy and Butch back. It was interesting to see Pikachu be able to unlock the cage it was trapped in. It was odd and funny to see both Cassidy/Butch and Jessie/James stating their own mottos together. Corphish was used a lot in this episode especially during the tournament. It was cool to see a Pinsir using Guillotine.

30/100

Vernikova

Champion
It was an okay and one that I enjoyed. Team Rocket episodes are usually pretty well done.

NPT

Just a member
I enjoyed this episode a lot. it's great to see Cassidy again, Her Nurse Joy disguise was good. LOL, Jessie kicking Butch in the face was hilarious.
I liked how James teamed up with Cassidy and Jessie teamed up with Botch Butch. Also, It's funny when the group mistook Butch for James.
Those TR grunts and their Pokemon reminded me of the TR grunts in "Battle aboard The St. Anne".
I'm glad Jessie, James and Mewoth reunited and got back as a team at the end.

You can always count on JJ&M o find a way to break one-and-a-half biscuits in to three pieces. :)
With the way this episode started, I always think it's going to go in to those '__ hours earlier' kind of things.

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
A really enjoyable episode.TR episodes are usually great,no doubt.I liked how Jessie and James decided to split and switched partners with Cassidy and Butch.The motto was really cool!It was really sweet when Meowth brought them back together. ^^ 9.8/10.