• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ole' Berate & Switch! (452)

JudySpell

Banned
Cassidy & Butch were cool as usual but I wasn't pleased by how Jessie and James split up since they had done that before and it wasn't as entertaining this time. 6/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Hee hee I like Team Rocket break up episodes and this one was even better cuz we saw Cassidy and Butch again. I also liked seeing normal low level Team Rocket grunts cuz we almost never see those. :D

Jessie and Butch made an interesting duo, but I felt bad when James got stuck with Cassidy. I thought that the switch was a good plot idea. :)

DatsRight

How did Max know who Butch and Cassidy were? Has he met them before?

Hmm Butch and Cassidy weren't as menacing as they used to be, in the older episodes they used to be a lot superiour to Jessie and James...but now they've kind of sunk to their level, just with a better plan. Oh well, the episode was good anyway. Oh, the motto was hilarious. Pies and white gloves? Huh?

Would it be blasphemous to say I preferred the later bumbling Butch and Cassidy? Lop sided rivalries get kinda overused in comedy to me, in AG especially the trio got their butt handed to them by EVERYONE. I liked the trio having at least one even handed rivalry where both sides fell victim to slapstick abuse and childish breakdowns. I especially love those minion rivalries in cartoons, where two keep trying to one up the other for glory and approval from their boss (who probably can't stand either of them). The trio even got to double cross Butch and Cassidy this time, after multiple episodes of being deliberate collateral damage to their schemes.

I'd have loved to have seen more developed schemes of the two groups trying to claim Pikachu as their claim to fame from Giovanni (likely ruining both of their schemes in the process).

Okay I know it's about ten years too late to post but anyway.

Last edited:
I'd have loved to have seen more developed schemes of the two groups trying to claim Pikachu as their claim to fame from Giovanni (likely ruining both of their schemes in the process).

I thought that the two newly formed teams should've stayed together longer because I think that Jessie and Butch's duo should've been fleshed out more. :)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Pretty awesome how all the trainers battled it out to save their Pokemon and won against all the Team Rocket grunts despite the odds. Also, very funny how Cassidy still didn't know her own teammate's name. Kek.

Leonhart

Imagineer
For starters, I was so delighted to see Yamato and Kosaburou again, and their tournament scam seemed intricate. Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyasu temporarily splitting up was something we had seen in the past, but it had a neat twist here because we saw them working with new teammates. I also liked how Masato figured out what was going on thanks to Gonbe.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Butch's new voice got on my nerves at first. And how did Max recognize Cassidy? That kid had never met Butch or Cassidy and doesn't know what they look like.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Butch's new voice got on my nerves at first. And how did Max recognize Cassidy? That kid had never met Butch or Cassidy and doesn't know what they look like.

Masato identifying Yamato and Kosaburou seemed like a small plot hole, unless he was told about them by Satoshi off-screen, which would make sense.

Daizy

I call you honey
I thought this episode was pretty cute, but for some reason I thought it was going to be more dramatic than it was when Team Rocket swapped partners. The music was really nice.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The whole Yamato and Kosaburou swap with Musashi and Kojirou would've been even more excellent had it lasted longer than just one episode. I wish we could've seen the Musashi and Kosaburou pairing with Nyasu.

The reason why TRio split up was stupid, but it's nice to see Cassidy and Botch again. Jessie and James got back together too quick. Boring episode. Best part was Meowth remembering the good times with Jessie and James. DP's separation episode was much better and made more sense.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I wish we had more episodes like this in which civilians fight off against the team rocket organization.