• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The One Piece Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinchuuriki Hunter

Johto Champion Ninja
Most people generally consider the games and movies to be non-canon (with the exception of Strong World) and thus, Devil Fruits that appear only in these media are usually ignored by the fandom. The Toro Toro no Mi and Basa Basa no Mi are examples of these "filler" fruits. Though the creator does consider them logia, we're not sure if it fits Oda's criteria of logia. If we were to strictly follow the canon (original manga inclusive of the SBS), then every logia type Devil Fruit that has appeared represents an element of nature.
Moku Moku no Mi has smoke, a natural element that usually appears with fire.
Mera Mera no Mi has fire, natural element.
Suna Suna no Mi has sand, natural element.
Goro Goro no Mi has electricity, natural in the form of lightning.
Yami Yami no Mi has darkness, natural element in the sense that it's basically absence of light.
Hie Hie no Mi has ice, natural element.
Pika Pika no Mi has light, natural element.
Akainu's Devil Fruit has lava/magma, natural element usually found beneath the Earth's crust.
I'm not sure about Jozu's fruit though...I feel that it might be paramecia.
We can see that Oda's take on natural elements is slightly different from the classic Eastern view (I'm not sure how Westerns view elements). He considers anything that can occur naturally in abundance a natural element. Paper and candy syrup are man-made materials (paper wasps are capable of producing a material similar to paper but that's a bit different), which is why most fans consider them filler. Glass is similar in that it is man-made and very very rare in nature (requiring the presence of extreme heat and pressure you can only get from a meteor impact...or sometimes lightning striking a beach).

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
Hmm, it seems all the other Supernova's were watching the war from a distance.
I have a feeling this Brownbeard guy might come into play later, in someway or another.
Well it's good to see that Ivankov and Jinbei are fine. And the same for Magellan, I guess. ;p
I'm really wondering what the hell the World Government is plotting.
Trying to keep quiet about the level 6 prisoners that broke out and getting rid of Moria.

Jinchuuriki Hunter

Johto Champion Ninja
I wouldn't say the world government is really plotting anything other than trying to save face...
...We really need something to discuss here...
Um...how about...favorite Zoan Devil Fruit user?

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
...We really need something to discuss here...
Um...how about...favorite Zoan Devil Fruit user?
I guess so, huh...
Well I've had one I can add with that, although it has to be in spoilers..

[spoil]Do you think Buggy's Bounty will go up now after the recent events?
Yeah, I'd be surprised if Buggy's bountry didn't go up. I'd guess probably somewhere around 50 million, if not more.[/spoil]
Who is your favorite Zoan Devil Fruit user?
Probably Rob Lucci, just because he's the best example of someone who's mastered their zoan type devil fruit. He also looks really good in it. :p

Hahaha, Luffy pwned Blackbeard, even if only one punch. :p

Jimbei's pretty fast to have stopped a Gear Second Luffy. o.0

I lawled at how Ivankov tied up up Sadi-chan. I laughed even more at the gaurd's reactions when they found her. xD

I love how they made Magellan's scream all devil like. You can't get that in the manga. xD

Cutty

Forever now
Luffy will treat Law as a 'friend' instead of enemy after what he has done for him. He has always had this soft spott.

The phoenix one. :D

It would have been funny if Lucci who got the giraffe fruit instead of Kaku.

Last edited:

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
Wow, Boa Hancock is just completely love struck for Luffy. XD

Aww, the poor bear. I'm sure he'll find himself a good looking Cindy Bear someday. xD

Jeez, I could shed a tear or two for Luffy. :/

This flashback looks like it's gonna be interesting and funny. xD

If you could eat one canon(this'll include anime/movie only) Devil Fruit, what would it be?
My number one devil fruit choice would probably be the Fuwa Fuwa no Mi(which will probably be called the Float-Float Fruit in the English version).
I'd love to be able to fly, plus I could come up with all kinds of ways to use it.
Can you say railgun? 8D

A close second would have to be the Clear-Clear Fruit.
Partly because I'd misuse it like Sanji, but what guy wouldn't? xD
Though, I would have to have something else to back it up in a fight.

Last edited:

Jinchuuriki Hunter

Johto Champion Ninja
Zameric said:
If you could eat one canon(this'll include anime/movie only) Devil Fruit, what would it be?
My number one devil fruit choice would probably be the Fuwa Fuwa no Mi(which will probably be called the Float-Float Fruit in the English version).
I'd love to be able to fly, plus I could come up with all kinds of ways to use it.
Can you say railgun? 8D
Um...unless you've got peg legs, you can't fly with the Fuwa Fuwa no Mi. It only affects non-living things.
Don't fret, Bepo, if you look hard enough, I'm sure you'll find pandawoman.
...Yea, that's all I wanted to say.
Maybe the Doa Doa no Mi or Baku Baku no Mi or maybe even Kachi Kachi no Mi. I've got a thing for weird-awesome fruits...

MasterCharizard15

Manly Eybrows!
Chopper!
Reindeer doctor FTW!

Plus just look at him, can you honestly tell me you hate him?

Mera Mera no Mi

I like fire....ALOT.

Plus I'll never have to pay for heating EVER!

Last edited:

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
Um...unless you've got peg legs, you can't fly with the Fuwa Fuwa no Mi. It only affects non-living things.
No, the one living thing it affects is the user. Just read the One Piece wiki. ;p
Maybe the Doa Doa no Mi or Baku Baku no Mi or maybe even Kachi Kachi no Mi. I've got a thing for weird-awesome fruits...
Hmm, I wouldn't really care for the first two, but the Kachi Kachi no Mi wouls be cool to have. ;p

Ivankov's transformation back into a man was a little... ¬_¬
But the part where his face melted off was pretty funny. xD
Overall, the Ivankov vs. Magellan fight was pretty cool.
Poor Inuzuma and Ivankov. I hope they'll be ok.

Last edited:
Alright guys. I'm back and better than ever. Did anybody miss me? Anyways, I'm quite impressed with the recent pictures of crew members, but I ask that you don't draw mine just yet. Bursa's going through a major redesign, and one thing that I can tell you is he'll still have his towel, but with different abilities. I'm surprised there hasn't been more activity since my absence, but I'm glad that this club is still thriving. I've managed to sort out my problems in life and it's back to normal for me.

Ms.Merry Christmas, definitely! I mean really, she's hilarious in both English and Japanese! Especially in English...she talks so fast and she's such an amazing contrast to Mr.4. Definitely one of my favourite Baroque Works agents.

I'm not sure. The Munch-Munch fruit would be pretty great. I mean, I'd never get hungry if I could eat anything, right? Also, even though Wapol himself was pretty weak, I think I could make good use of his powers. If I get an iron-jaw like Wapol from eating it as well, that would be an extra bonus!

Edit:Oh by the way, I'm on episode 140. Ah, gotta love filler. Oh well, I watch it anyways.

Jinchuuriki Hunter

Johto Champion Ninja
Welcome back, Yoshi. And yes, I assume you'll obtain an iron jaw from eating the Munch Munch Fruit like Wapol (how else are you gonna eat pirate ships?)

Zameric: Gee, is that so. Haven't checked much on it, I just assumed Shiki's sword legs were the reason he himself could fly...

Cutty

Forever now
Welcome back too, Yoshi. It's hard to not know any member here since there aren't so many, lol.
It's interesting you have so much passion for this club. Anyway,

I don't mind having suke suke no mi, Robin's hana hana no mi or even Perona's horo horo no mi. Yeah, cool abilities for negative purpose.

Or to appreciate one of my fave characters in OP, which I really hope he won't die soon, Gecko Moria, I'd like the kage kage no mi.^^

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
Alright guys. I'm back and better than ever. Did anybody miss me? Anyways, I'm quite impressed with the recent pictures of crew members, but I ask that you don't draw mine just yet. Bursa's going through a major redesign, and one thing that I can tell you is he'll still have his towel, but with different abilities. I'm surprised there hasn't been more activity since my absence, but I'm glad that this club is still thriving. I've managed to sort out my problems in life and it's back to normal for me.
Well it's good to see you back Yoshinichi. :)
Yeah, we've been doing a decent job of keep the club from dying.
I just hope we continue to get some new members soon.

Zameric: Gee, is that so. Haven't checked much on it, I just assumed Shiki's sword legs were the reason he himself could fly...
Well that's a logical assumption, but I think he just has those because he needed something to place his legs that he lopped off to escape.
And what more bad-arse than some swords. 8D

Btw, congrats on making it to the rank of First Mate.

I don't mind having suke suke no mi, Robin's hana hana no mi or even Perona's horo horo no mi. Yeah, cool abilities for negative purpose.
Perverts unite!
Each of those are interesting abilities that would be fun to play around with. xD

Last edited:
Alright guys, I just submitted my new pirate profile to Zameric and also drew out my own rendition of our characters! I sort of took a cue from the other drawings but I wanted to add some of my own flair, such as what I did with Billboard's monocle. Cutty Flam's character was hard for me to think up a design for, since I didn't know what his face was like aside from his beautiful platinum blonde hair, thick eyebrows and blue eyes. It was a good challenge, though!

pirate004.jpg

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
Ha ha, those are pretty good drawings, imo.
I like the new shape you gave to Billboard's monocle.
The goggles on Bursa's forehead kind of remind me of Digimon. xD

I have read your new pirate pofile and you have my permission to change it now.
So when you post it here in the club, I'll edit the link for your profile on the first post.

Cutty

Forever now
Have you drawn my character, Yoshinichi? Which one is mine?
Those pics are cool. Hermes pic looks almost similar to Jinchuuriki's drawing.

I realised I haven't editted my profile, lol. Maybe I should put more details about my character's appearance.

Did anyone ever wonder what Devil Fruit tree is like?
Do all Devil Fruit come from one tree or one tree can only have one fruit?

Have you drawn my character, Yoshinichi? Which one is mine?
Those pics are cool. Hermes pic looks almost similar to Jinchuuriki's drawing.

I realised I haven't editted my profile, lol. Maybe I should put more details about my character's appearance.

Did anyone ever wonder what Devil Fruit tree is like?
Do all Devil Fruit come from one tree or one tree can only have one fruit?

Yes, I drew yours. Hence why I mentioned that before. xP Your character is the man with his mouth wide open and the thick eyebrows. I had to take some artistic liberty with him. Is he related to Franky?

With Zameric's permission, I am posting my new and improved pirate profile! Now a pirate who hasn't eaten a devil fruit, here's Bursa!

Name; Lowther, Bursa
Epithet; Towel-head, Red Boomerang
Bounty;45,000,000 Beri
Age;20
Home Sea;Grand Line
Affiliations;Boomerang Pirates
Appearance;
bursa.png

One of the distinct features I have is my beautifully spiked navy blue hair, that I am pleased to announce resembles an octopus, in my completely humble opinion. I'm a decently built man for my age, with a height of 6'2"ft.(188 cm)and I weigh a hefty 165 lbs!(76 kg) From sailing in the wide open oceans in my dinky little boat, the sun's given me a slight tan. It doesn't make me look washed out at all. In fact; I'd say it doubles my masculinity rating. Dohohohoho!

I wrap a towel around my head so I have something to dab at the sweat when I'm working on a new weapon. The goggles I wear are to protect my eyes when working with fire.

I wear an outfit similar to a standard grey mechanics jumpsuit for the convenience for my profession, and a large leather apron to protect me from sparks and hot metal. I tie the apron around my waist like a sash, as well as rolling up the sleeves and legs of my jumpsuit during combat.
Personality; Bursa is a strange guy who has a passion for crafting new weapons. He doesn't trust most pirates until he gets a chance to observe them. Then, depending on whether or not they seem like good people or not, he'll team up with them or forge friendships. Bursa has a habit of taking what people say literally...this isn't a birth defect, but just a unique trait he grew up with. He often talks to himself out loud, especially when he is trying to solve a problem. He's the type of pirate who's serious about his line of work, but still enjoys partying it up and enjoying the luxuries of booze and friends. His unique laugh is "Dohohohoho!", the do part coming from the dong sound that is made when forging metal.

History;Before becoming a pirate, Bursa Lowther was the son of a blacksmith. He lived in a little island hamlet known as Smelt Valley, where his father took him in as an apprentice to pass on the family trade. His mother had died giving birth to Lowser, leaving his father to play the role of father and mother.

When Bursa was only 14, a group of vile pirates had forced their way into their family forge. The pirates threatened to wreck the place apart if his father refused to make them new, sharper weapons.

Luckily, his father had heard earlier in the day that pirates were spotted nearby, so he managed to hide Bursa before they came on to the island.

Not wanting to fuel their villainy, Bursa's father Masa refused their threat and angered the band of pirates. These pirates were so enraged that they started beating Masa with their fists, the leader even slicing his abdomen.

Angered by their callous acts, Bursa came out of his hiding yelling at them, putting his own life in danger to stop them from hurting his father.

Luckily, Smelt Valley was a fairly small island, and the island militia was able to gather in time to fend off the pirates with their swords and guns. They managed to kill most of the pirates, leaving only the leader left. However, the leader tackled into the militia, and knocked them clean over, as he was a man of great strength and size.

It all looked bleak (and cliche!) for Bursa and the village. Suddenly, a powerful, bladed boomerang sliced through the leader, knocking him out instantly.The boomerang belonged to a vigilante pirate who was only known as "the Blade Wind".

Bursa looked up to this man for his act of bravery, and although his father died, he kept on working at being a blacksmith at another local shop, honing his skills and saving enough money to afford a small ship. This man also was the inspiration for Bursa's trademark boomerangs.

Three years later, when he turned 17, he set off to sea with only a handful of friends who shared his hatred of villainous pirates. They were all willing to do whatever it took to take down pirates like the ones that had terrorized their village.

Bursa earned his 45,000,000 beri bounty for defeating fishman Willy and aiding Gebrinius "Quicksilver" Hermes and his crew in several crimes.

Abilities; Bursa being a blacksmith, he often uses hammers in his line of work.He does not have any Devil Fruit abilities, but has a variety of different weapons and attacks at his disposal.

100 lbs Mallet: Similar to Usopp's fake 5-ton hammer, it is only used in close range combat. Being heavy and hard to aim,
Bursa only uses it as his last resort.

2 Boomerangs:Bursa uses these as his standard weapon, being boomerangs that can be used both closerange and far-range. They are meant to strike the opponent from the back, can bruise you easily if Bursa throws them at maximum strength. Meant
for weaker enemies.

Kingmerang:Bursa's specialized and incredibly huge
boomerang that can fly incredibly far. Blades can pop out of the Kingmerang at will,
shooting out into the air or sticking in the Kingmerang to slice to ribbons whatever it touches.

Throwing hammer:A boomerang-like mallet that returns to Bursa with a magnetic sheet Bursa carries with him. It can revolve
in the air 300 times per second at full blast.

He is quite capable of making swords and other metal weapons such as chakram. Pirates often commission him to fix their cutlasses or blades and even forge them new ones. It was with this profit, that he was able to buy a ship and become a pirate himself.
Jolly Roger;A skull with a towel wrapped around his head, similar to Bursa with goggles as well. A hammer and boomerang are behind the skull, replacing the standard cross bones.

I wonder where Devil Fruit grow, too. Perhaps they're just left to be found by humans, like the Death Note. My theory is that there are actual "devils" that made the devil fruit, and they live at the deepest depths of the sea, where no man has gone. Powerful, giant beings who make a fruit that bestows their power to whomever eats it.

Last edited:

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
I have added your new pirate profile to the first post Yoshinichi.
It's also very interesting. I bet Luffy would exclaim "Awesome!" at the Kingmerang.
I know I kind of did. :p

Continuing on the flashback.
Ace sure was a jerk to Luffy when they were little. xD
That made it even more emotional to see Luffy cover for him.
I wonder how Ace and Sabo are going to save him.
I'm pretty sure Ace hasn't eaten the Flare Flare Fruit yet.

Hahaha, it's always great to see Luffy's "awesome" reaction in the anime. At least Mr. 3 isn't completely useless with his powers compared to some of other main characters. Woo for Jimbei being awesome! I'd like to see him fight someone underwater just for the sheer epicness. :)

ashds

Law and Order: Unova
Thousand Sunny

I watched one piece up to Arabasta (4 kids stoped showing it in england after that) but I have gotten back into about a year ago. My favorite charater is Zoro because he manic morments make me laugh (like when he threw his bag at that the bird at Sky island).

Last edited:

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
Thousand Sunny

I watched one piece up to Arabasta (4 kids stoped showing it in england after that) but I have gotten back into about a year ago. My favorite charater is Zoro because he manic morments make me laugh (like when he threw his bag at that the bird at Sky island).
Welcome to the One Piece Club, ashds. :)
Funimation is streaming both subs and dubs of the anime on their website.
The latest dub episode was the Sanji vs. Mr. 2 Bon Clay fight.
And Zoro is one of my more favorite characters too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.