• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The One Piece Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerozoner

Sweet a One Piece Club, I'd like to join the crew....oh yeah Thousand Sunny is the password right.

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
It looks like Jinbe is definitely joining the crew! At the end of the new manga chapter, Luffy said "Hey, Jimbe..JOIN MY CREW!" Followed by the subtitles, "Humans and Fishmen, the start of a bond...". I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I'd love it if Jinbe joined the crew! :D
[spoil]Yeah. This was a really great tease for the next chapter.
I think it's either going to play out with Jinbe joining the Strawhats...
or like with Vivi, and Jinbe staying on Fishman Island to protect and serve the people.
I would be fine with either, but I think a lot of fans would be angry of Jinbe doesn't join.
I mean, the only thing I saw was the fans squeeing, saying how Jinbe is the next nakama.[/spoil]

Hello and welcome to the One Piece clud, zerozoner!
Where are you in the series?
Who is your favorite character so far?

Belated congrats to Bluedragonfangirl on making the post count rank of Captain, and to Takeo & 'Chompah! for making Crewman rank! :)

Last edited:

'Chompah!

Garchomp = Beast
[spoil]Yeah. This was a really great tease for the next chapter.
I think it's either going to play out with Jinbe joining the Strawhats...
or like with Vivi, and Jinbe staying on Fishman Island to protect and serve the people.
I would be fine with either, but I think a lot of fans would be angry of Jinbe doesn't join.
I mean, the only thing I saw was the fans squeeing, saying how Jinbe is the next nakama.[/spoil]

Hello and welcome to the One Piece clud, zerozoner!
Where are you in the series?
Who is your favorite character so far?

Belated congrats to Bluedragonfangirl on making the post count rank of Captain, and to Takeo & 'Chompah! for making Crewman rank! :)

I don't think it's goinog to play out like Vivi did for a couple of reasons.
1. Vivi had a duty to Alabasta as their princess. Jinbe has no reason to stay behind now that FM Island is safe.
2. Jinbe received an official invitation by Luffy to join the crew, whereas Nami just casually asked Vivi in the baths. Usually, when Luffy gives a person a serious offer to join, they end up joining.
3. Jinbe has the tragic past event/death of a mentor (Fisher Tiger) that all SHs have, where Vivi doesn't (unless you count the whole kidnapping thing)
4. Jinbe officially recognized that he is a pirate at heart, so he could give up his own blood for Luffy.
5. Jinbe could fill a possible position in the crew (Helmsman, and such). what could Vivi had been? The Crew Princess? XD

The only thing that could possibly counteract this that I see is Jinbe having a higher bounty than Luffy. Hopefully, a new bounty after the events on FM Island could change this, although I don't think Luffy will get a new bounty so soon after the 400,000,000

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
The only thing that could possibly counteract this that I see is Jinbe having a higher bounty than Luffy. Hopefully, a new bounty after the events on FM Island could change this, although I don't think Luffy will get a new bounty so soon after the 400,000,000
[spoil]Acutally, I don't think any of the Straw Hats will get a new bounty for the events on Fishman Island.
I think it's going to be like Skypia and the Marines won't know about anything that happened.[/spoil]

'Chompah!

Garchomp = Beast
IMO, Luffy and Sanji will get a bounty increase. Luffy so he can have a higher bounty than Jinbe (Just a little higher), and Sanji because eve though he's just as powerful as Zoro, his bounty is still rather low.

Jinchuuriki Hunter

Johto Champion Ninja
Chompah said:
IMO, Luffy and Sanji will get a bounty increase. Luffy so he can have a higher bounty than Jinbe (Just a little higher), and Sanji because eve though he's just as powerful as Zoro, his bounty is still rather low.
You're forgetting that in order for a person to receive a raise in bounty, their wrongdoings would have to be witnessed by marines. There are a few problems posed by this condition.
1. As far as we can tell, there weren't any marines on Fishman Island at the time of the New Fishman Pirates' rampage.
2. The Strawhats were protecting Fishman Island and defeating the New Fishman Pirates. Even if the marines were there, I don't see how this could warrant an increase in bounty.

If we want their bounty to increase, then the Strawhats would have to directly confront the Marines in the next story arc and do something drastic. Or, the marines could have updated their bounties after the Sabaody reunion which also seems likely.

'Chompah!

Garchomp = Beast
I think that the crew will have an an increase because of the whole auction house incident, but I don't think it'll be as drastic as Luffy's 100,000,000 increase due to his participation in the War of the Best. I do think that Sanji will be pushed into the 100,000,000's, maybe 130,000,000? and Zoro will go up to 200,000,000 something. And I think Robin will be the last of the "high" bounties, somewhere in the 90,000,000's.

Takeo

[spoil]You guys are clearly forgetting that Luffy, Sanji, and Zoro destroyed 2 Pacifista in front of the Marines, so new bounties are possible for them 3; and i agree Fishmen island is exactly like Skypia because the marines weren't there and Luffy and the gang got involved to save the island when obviously they didn't have to [/spoil]

Last edited:

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
I think that the crew will have an an increase because of the whole auction house incident, but I don't think it'll be as drastic as Luffy's 100,000,000 increase due to his participation in the War of the Best. I do think that Sanji will be pushed into the 100,000,000's, maybe 130,000,000? and Zoro will go up to 200,000,000 something. And I think Robin will be the last of the "high" bounties, somewhere in the 90,000,000's.
[spoil]The auction house? That was a while ago...I think they've already gotten any bounty increase from that.[/spoil]

[spoil]You guys are clearly forgetting that Luffy, Sanji, and Zoro destroyed 2 Pacifista in front of the Marines, so new bounties are possible for them 3; and i agree Fishmen island is exactly like Skypia because the marines weren't there and Luffy and the gang got involved to save the island when obviously they didn't have to [/spoil]
[spoil]No, Jin just mentioned that.
We're just trying to say that they probably won't get a bounty increase for the events on Fishman Island.[/spoil]

Jinchuuriki Hunter

Johto Champion Ninja
Something just occured to me. Didn't Madame Shirley predict that Luffy wpuld destroy Fishman Island? How would that work out?

Discuss.

Takeo

Something just occured to me. Didn't Madame Shirley predict that Luffy wpuld destroy Fishman Island? How would that work out?

Discuss.

[spoil]she predicted the destruction of fishmen island and a man with the strawhat in the midst of it. there was destruction happening all around and Luffy trying to save the island. like here and any other place whether being in a show, movie,book,anime, etc. psychic vision can and usually are interpreted wrong.[/spoil]

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
Sorry I've been gone for so long.

Sucks that Jinbei isn't joining right now, I'm still crossing my fingers that it will change. After that there is a bunch of partying going on which is always cool. I think it's kinda stupid, but then kind of different and cool that a person(or half person/mermaid/ect.) is Poseidon. I guess this chapter was cool, but I just really like action.

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
I think it's kinda stupid, but then kind of different and cool that a person(or half person/mermaid/ect.) is Poseidon.
[spoil]Yeah. I wonder if other ancient weapons are abilities.
Posiedon is the ability to control Sea Kings, while Pluton is said to be a great ship.
If you think about it though, Blackbeard could be considered a modern day ancient weapon. xD
I think we're going to see more ancient weapons and they'll probably cause another great war before the series ends.[/spoil]

'Chompah!

Garchomp = Beast
Anyone think that Blackbeard's ability to handle 2 Devil Fruits is an Ancient Weapon? XD JK

Personally, I want to see the Doku Doku no Mi again. It's my favoirte DF, and it was too bad that Magellan was a villain.

Anyone think we're going to see a Character (Most likely a villain) who has a DF can temporarily steal the Devil Fruits (not use, just take)of others? I think I'd be pretty cool, and it'd show us what Luffy can do without the GGnM.

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
I've asked it before, but what's your favorite character? Mine's Brook. :D

Ohhh, yeah. Such an awesome chapter! So this is probably going to be a long spoiler so if you haven't read Manga Chapter 650, go.

To start things off, I'm glad they finally officially stated how many Ancient Weapons there are and what the last one's name is. I find it ironic that even though Oda probably didn't choose the names upon this, but the names are the last 3 planets in our solar system. I feel that Uranus is going to be a sky weapon or plane sort of thing. I don't really know, but I do know it is going to be linked to the sky.

Caribou was also a nice appearance to have in this chapter. He didn't really do anything though, but I guess he was just Luffy's punching bag and a build up.

Now for the three huge things this chapter: Aokiji vs. Akainu, I've been waiting for this. I've been waiting for Aokiji to join the pirates or, most likely, the revolutionary. With either group he chooses to be in he is definitely going to be a help for the SHs in the future. I've always wanted Aokiji to join the crew, but since that is unlikely this is the closest thing. It's insane that they fought for ten days, I want a few chapters on their fight! It would be sooo epic, and I also like that although Akainu then hated Aokiji he's not a complete *** and spared Aokiji's life. The only reason I think Akainu won was because he had more endurance, other than that they are both equal and both have incredible endurance.

Now to, the second big thing, BB and his crew stealing fruit. I think it is incredibly unfair that his whole crew is going to be able to do this and the Straw Hats aren't able to. Whatever, it'll be that much more epic when they beat their crew. The SHs will fine tune each of their abilities so nicely that they will have completely mastered their individual abilities.

The final huge thing is BB becoming a Yonkou, it's incredibly scary. Even though he had a bunch of info from being in Whitebeard's crew and being able to use two DFs, it is insane to see how quickly it happened.

Some more things: The end of this chapter makes me believe Big Mom is going to come to FI and see that Luffy took all her sweets. That would be cool, but I think it would be too much. Luffy would have to beat Big Mom for the story to progress and for him to defeat a Yonkou so early in the story would be kind of stupid.

Anyways, this chapter was really amazing, and I can't wait for next Wed.

Last edited:

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
I loved this chapter! One of the best ones in a while.

I like that we got to know more about the ancient weapons.
But I'm a bit disappointed that there are only three; power of trinities, I guess.
I bet Pluton is still out there somewhere, it can't be dead...

I wasn't expecting the fight for the Fleet Admiral position.
I was really hoping Aokiji would become the next Fleet Admiral.
As Jinbe said, with Akainu leading, the Marines will become more antagonistic.

It'll be very interesting to see how Aokiji comes into play later on.

Caribou is just a sick creep. >.>
I don't think we'll see much of him after this arc.
But he is very good at sneaking and running away.

I just laughed at the New Fishman Pirates. xD
I think Hammond might get a short cover story, if Robin didn't end-up killing him.

I've asked it before, but what's your favorite character? Mine's Brook. :D

To start things off, I'm glad they finally officially stated how many Ancient Weapons there are and what the last one's name is. I find it ironic that even though Oda probably didn't choose the names upon this, but the names are the last 3 planets in our solar system. I feel that Uranus is going to be a sky weapon or plane sort of thing. I don't really know, but I do know it is going to be linked to the sky.
I don't know about it being related to the sky.
The first two ancient weapons have been related to the sea.
But it very well could be.
I was kind of hoping there would be more than just three.

Some more things: The end of this chapter makes me believe Big Mom is going to come to FI and see that Luffy took all her sweets. That would be cool, but I think it would be too much. Luffy would have to beat Big Mom for the story to progress and for him to defeat a Yonkou so early in the story would be kind of stupid.
Well the ending was a bit hard to understand. Bad translators...
I think Big Mom said that she wants the Straw Hats to have the leftover candy, as a thanks.
But it also sort of seemed like something bad was gonna happen. o.0
She might make an appearance before they leave, but I doubt it.
My replies are in the spoiler, in bold.

Last edited:

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
I loved this chapter! One of the best ones in a while.

I like that we got to know more about the ancient weapons.
But I'm a bit disappointed that there are only three; power of trinities, I guess.
I bet Pluton is still out there somewhere, it can't be dead...

I wasn't expecting the fight for the Fleet Admiral position.
I was really hoping Aokiji would become the next Fleet Admiral.
As Jinbe said, with Akainu leading, the Marines will become more antagonistic.

It'll be very interesting to see how Aokiji comes into play later on.

Caribou is just a sick creep. >.>
I don't think we'll see much of him after this arc.
But he is very good at sneaking and running away.

I just laughed at the New Fishman Pirates. xD
I think Hammond might get a short cover story, if Robin didn't end-up killing him.

Of coarse Pluton can't be dead, it's just chillin' somewhere or Franky knows the plans or something. They'll all be revealed sometime during the story, probably not in the near future though.

Akainu just a douche, Sengoku wan't Aokiji to be the FA not Akainu and then he just shows up thinking he's cool and steals the FA position. Whatever, at least it put the story in the direction I want it to go, and it'll make the Marines more interesting.

I used to not care for Cariobou, but I'm kind of liking him, he's not much of a threat although he has an awesome fruit, but it's still cool seeing him be such a creep.

I don't know about it being related to the sky.
The first two ancient weapons have been related to the sea.
But it very well could be.
I was kind of hoping there would be more than just three.

Well the ending was a bit hard to understand. Bad translators...
I think Big Mom said that she wants the Straw Hats to have the leftover candy, as a thanks.
But it also sort of seemed like something bad was gonna happen. o.0
She might make an appearance before they leave, but I doubt it.

My replies are in the spoiler, in bold.

I think it would be almost definite that Uranus is somehow linked to the sky. Uranus was the personification of the sky, or "Father Sky", in Greek mythology, Oda wouldn't just name it Uranus if it were linked to the ocean. Pluton isn't even linked to the ocean anyways, it's just a warship it might be able to go on land as well.

Now that I think of it, the last panels are hard to understand. I still think he is referring to "they" as the fish people because the Minister of the Left says that they're going to be in trouble and all that stuff. Even if "they" were Big Mom's men, maybe her men are more gracious than Big Mom.

Last edited:

Takeo

I think I answered this before Grovyl but my favorite is Zoro hahaha
[spoil] I do think Big mam is giving the SH the candy as thankz, but also as recognition that though this was her territory she couldn't do a thing to save it from almost being destroyed like that, and since she receives the payment of candy to protect Fishmen Island, she wanted to give it to the ones that did....though there could be more to it[/spoil]

BlueDragonfangirl

I can't wait to see the World Goverment crumble, they deserve itXD Killing WhiteBeard will be the end of them.

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
No chapter today! :O I hate not knowing when a new chapter is coming out, I've heard rumors that it'll come out on Christmas Eve or Friday. This is going to be a loooong week.

Status
Not open for further replies.