• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The One Piece Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Haven't read the manga, but I do watch the anime regularly. In fact, just within the past couple months, I watched everything from the Skypeia Arc all the way through to the most recent episode released (subbed episode, of course). Thriller Bark has to be my favorite arc, just because that's when Brook makes his appearance. However, special mention goes to ...

... the episode where the Straw Hat crew bid their final farewell to the Going Merry. Fiction hardly ever illicits a reaction out of me, but I actually cried during that episode. It was one of the most well-written episodes in any work of fiction that I've ever seen, and I've been an avid RPG fan for nearly twenty years.

On a lighter note, I've heard (but haven't confirmed for myself) that Funimation has gotten the rights to the Water 7 and Enies Lobby arcs, and will be dubbing them. I'm actually excited about this, because then more people will know how the Straw Hats go about getting the Thousand Sunny.

And if you really wanted a ditty, I do apologize. As much as I like Brook, I lack his musical sense.
You don't actually expect me to compete with Humming? You'd do nothing, except make me too tense.
To trample on Bink's Sake and New World? Not to mention, you'd be asking me to commit a personal crime.
Sorry, but no little song about Thousand Sunny. After all, Brook is my favorite character of all time.
I couldn't even try to make a song about Going Merry. Although maybe somebody else can think of it.
I just don't have the sense for rhythm that is needed. Perhaps somebody else has enough wit.

Btw, I would like to join. Please PM me the answer though, because I will be leaving for my vacation here in about four hours so I might forget I even posted here.

Last edited:

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
Helloo, welcome to the club, if you get accepted. Brook's my favorite character also, so I think we're going to get along. ^-^

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
Hello and welcome to the One Piece club, The Red Thunder.
I think you might be the first to have done a ditty, at least in a while.
I'll send ya a PM in a little bit. :p
Also, do you realize that your username would make a cool epithet?

... the episode where the Straw Hat crew bid their final farewell to the Going Merry. Fiction hardly ever illicits a reaction out of me, but I actually cried during that episode. It was one of the most well-written episodes in any work of fiction that I've ever seen, and I've been an avid RPG fan for nearly twenty years.
[spoil]One Piece has jerked at least a few tears out of me. ;p
I think Oda has to be one of my favorite mangaka ever.[/spoil]

Since it's almost Christmas, I had a random thought about Brook dressed up as Santa. Yohohoho, Ho ho ho, get it? ;p
The best I could find on deviantart was a One Piece/Nightmare Before Christmas crossover...

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Hello and welcome to the One Piece club, The Red Thunder.
I think you might be the first to have done a ditty, at least in a while.
I'll send ya a PM in a little bit. :p
Also, do you realize that your username would make a cool epithet?

Funny that you mention my username. It actually is an epithet for another character from a different anime. Crim the Red Thunder, from .hack//SIGN, one of the best Long Arms in the series. His name is actually "Red Lightning", but it got mistranslated in the dub of SIGN, and became Red Thunder. And, nevermind about the PM. I'm back now. Didn't wanna come back early from vacation (who would?), but that's just how some things go. Glad to be in the group.

Anyway, more on topic:

That last anime episode has me wondering ... what the heck happened to Brook? It showed where everyone is except for him. Or maybe it did, and I just missed it. Either way, I'm curious to know what happened and can't wait until the next episode. XD

Also, one thing I've wanted to know for awhile is why people say that the Whitebeard War is such a hot spot for flame wars? I haven't seen anybody argue about it, nor do I even have an idea why people would argue about it. Can somebody explain that one to me?

Last edited:

Takeo

[spoil]
Big Ma'am is huge, I knew Luffy was gonna make Fishmen Island his turf !!!
The new world and the way they introduced Big Ma'am, the New World is scary~[/spoil]

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
Beeeeast chapter, a little less beast than the last chapter, but close. I don't really like Big Mom's design, although we barely got to see her, I wish she was smaller and more pretty. I'm tired of ugly girl's like Kokoro and Ivankov. Either way this chapter was so awesome because of Luffy being as careless as he usually is. I was hoping Big Mom would send Luffy to kill/defeat Kidd for what he did, but I think it's still cool that Luffy's gonna be a beast and just talk that way to a Yonkou.

Looks like Kidd is making a big name for him in the New World, he sunk 2 of Big Mom's ship - awesome.

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
Big Mom's recent appearance makes her look like a character out of a Miyazaki movie. xD

Anyone else notice that her real name seems to be in western format?
Usually characters' names in One Piece are family name first, and then given name.
But I'm pretty sure her given name is Charlotte.
There have been a few other characters like this; Edward Newgate, Marshall D. Teach, Demalo Black, Trafalgar Law, Jean Bart.

I was wondering when Luffy would throw his weight around and start declaring islands under his protection. xD
But I wonder what Big Mom is like as a fighter.
I'd laugh if she tries to eat Luffy, but can't since he's a rubber man. xD

Jinchuuriki Hunter

Johto Champion Ninja
Grovyl said:
I'm tired of ugly girl's like Kokoro and Ivankov.
I take it the large school of mermaids on Fishman Island wasn't enough for you?

Zameric said:
But I wonder what Big Mom is like as a fighter.
I'd laugh if she tries to eat Luffy, but can't since he's a rubber man. xD
I doubt that'd be a problem for her. If you look closely at one of the panels, her stomach acid was pouring out of her mouth and corroding the floor. An acid that strong should be able to dissolve rubber easily.
By the way, Teach's and Law's given names are at the back, in Eastern order.

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
I doubt that'd be a problem for her. If you look closely at one of the panels, her stomach acid was pouring out of her mouth and corroding the floor. An acid that strong should be able to dissolve rubber easily.
By the way, Teach's and Law's given names are at the back, in Eastern order.
[spoil]Ah, I guess so. I didn't notice that. :p

Not according to One Piece wiki. I check several characters' pages.[/spoil]

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
[spoil]Ah, I guess so. I didn't notice that. :p

Not according to One Piece wiki. I check several characters' pages.[/spoil]

It's kind of difficult to tell which order they go in with names like Marshal D. Teach and Trafalgar Law. Teach is Blackbeard's given name, but you'd think it was his surname, considering that his family name is Marshal. As for Law, there's just no telling with him.

THOUSAND SUNNY
After about a month, I finally finished reading all of the manga. I haven't seen any of the episode, but I might watch a few episodes, if just to see how things were animated (I have 180 on my bookmarks as you read this).
I'll make a Pirate Profile... Someday. As many of you from the Bleach club Zam, Golde, Jin, Cell, MC to name the main people, even if some of you are dead that probably means some time next decade.
And yes, I probably should have held off until 2012, or until post 400. Ah well.

Who is your favorite One Piece character?

I quite like all of the characters to be honest, Oda is just really good at many every character pretty likable. Of the Strawhats, I think Zoro is just pure awesomeness, so I'll go with him for now.

What do you think the One Piece is?
I don't think it's something with monetary value. Something sentimental to him, like a hat (to compare/contrast with Luffy's), or something like that.

Do you think at any point, Luffy will give the hat back? Or, will he just let Luffy keep it? (Or other circumstances...?)
Hard to say, I think he'll want to give it to Shanks, but Shanks will tell him to keep it. If we ever get some kind of passing the torch scene, that will be the only time he'll give it away To his son with Boa Hancock; Ace.

Who's your favorite villain?
Enel. He's just so powerful, and he's such an ******* as well. I really just wanted him to be beaten so bad.

What's your favorite arc?
The war. It was just a mass of people fighting and fighting.

Who is your favorite Zoan Devil Fruit user?
I just think the Ushi Ushi no Mi: Giraffe Model in the CP9 arc was just my hilarious.

If you could eat one canon(this'll include anime/movie only) Devil Fruit, what would it be?
That's difficult. But I really do think Nico Robin's Hana Hana no Mi is really handy.

Other than gear second or third, what is your favorite move that Luffy knows?
The Good Ol' Gomu Gomu no Pistol!

If you could be a ruler or leader any kingdom/island/town, instead of being a pirate, which would choose and why?
Hard to say, but I don't think I can pass up the mermaids.

Who's your favourite minor villain?
If you can consider Coby a VILLAIN... Then him. I just really like him for some reason.

What would your unique laugh be if you were a pirate in One Piece?
Haa haa. Hee hee. Hoo hoo.

Who are the top five three or so strongest characters in OP currently?
[spoil]
1. Probably Blackbeard. With 2 Devil Fruits, and having killed Whitebeard of all people...

2. Shanks. Another Yonko. I just really like the idea that a man THIS powerful knew Luffy when he was a baby.

3. Dragon. We don't know much about him, but being Luffy's dad, he HAS to be super powerful, he just has to.

Too lazy to do more.[/spoil]

Which reminds me, where (plot wise) can I not spoil?

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
It's kind of difficult to tell which order they go in with names like Marshal D. Teach and Trafalgar Law. Teach is Blackbeard's given name, but you'd think it was his surname, considering that his family name is Marshal. As for Law, there's just no telling with him.
[spoil]A surname is a person's family name/last name.

No, according the One Piece wikipedia Teach is his family name, just like the real life Blackbeard.
And I'm pretty sure Law's naming is the same format too, from how I read his wiki page.[/spoil]

THOUSAND SUNNY
After about a month, I finally finished reading all of the manga. I haven't seen any of the episode, but I might watch a few episodes, if just to see how things were animated (I have 180 on my bookmarks as you read this).
I'll make a Pirate Profile... Someday. As many of you from the Bleach club Zam, Golde, Jin, Cell, MC to name the main people, even if some of you are dead that probably means some time next decade.
And yes, I probably should have held off until 2012, or until post 400. Ah well.

Which reminds me, where (plot wise) can I not spoil?
Welcome to the One Piece club, ILP! finally!
I'm very interested to see what your pirate persona will be like.

Anything that's been released in the US English dubs doesn't need to be spoiled.
That right before the Water 7 saga begins.

Last edited:
Mangastream said:

Looks like no manga for 2 weeks :/

Welcome to the One Piece club, ILP! finally!
I'm very interested to see what your pirate persona will be like.
I know right? I'll do a bit more research first before writing it up.

Anything that's been released in the US English dubs doesn't need to be spoiled.
That right before the Water 7 saga begins.
Water 7? That's quite far back XD

What are your predictions for the next arc?
[spoil]Considering it seems like this arc should finish very soon...
I'm thinking that the first couple of chapters might focus on their entrance into the New World. After that, they might visit/explore another island first, linked to Big Mom, before heading straight to her. It'd be nice to understand a bit more on how New World is different to the Grand Line, but at the same time I don't think Oda will sidetrack too much from the next main plot.[/spoil]
What are your guys' thoughts?

Cell

Infernal Informality
Hey everyone been a while;

As I had discussed with Zam, my slightly edited pirate profile;
Name;
N. Neeya

Epithet;
The Amber Swordsman

Bounty;
128,000,000 Beli

Age;
19 - March 15

Home Sea;
Grand line

Affiliations;
Quicksilver Pirates - Swordsman (formely: Neeya~ Pirates)

Appearance;
I have green eyes, long dark brown hair and I wear a pair of glasses without rims. I'm quite tall (1.8m) but have a very slim build. I wear a t-shirt repaired with stitches, black tattered pants and leather boots. I have a leather belt with a skull and question mark crossbones to make sure I don't lose my slightly oversized pants. I wear a necklace of leather straps around my neck and leather bracers on my wrists. On my left leg is a sword strap where a broadsword rests.

I'm accompanied by a orange Den Den Mushi with a blue shell, which is always "sitting" on my shoulder.

Personality;
Timid and laid back but serious at times.

History;

I was born on a random island in the Grand line, after eating an odd tinted berry I noticed that a lot of people around me recieved a lot more wounds than usual, it wasn't unusual to see people suddenly having tiny cuts when I passed.

After having lethaly 'injured' a marine officer, I got told I was going to be inprisoned in Impel Down for being a danger to the public.

My abilities fully activated and I seemed to have killed every marine in a 3 meter radius around me. I got a 7 million bounty and decided to set sail for freedom.

A couple of years later, I extended the effective range to 7 meters and can now open psychological wounds at great costs.

Abilities;

Expert level swordmanship (preferred style- broadsword);

Busoshoku Haki;
-I'm pretty advanced in using this Haki (near master level), for the sole reason to be able to touch Logia users who are immune to my devil fruit.

Devil fruit;
Wound Wound Fruit (キズキズの実, Kizu Kizu no Mi)
Type: Paramecia

I can open up healed wounds, no matter how many years have passed.

-Open other's old physical wounds.

Requirements to activate:
-Must have touched the target
-Target must be inside a 7 meter range

I can open an unlimited amount light wounds at the same time (small cuts/bruises/ect), a maximum of 4 greater wounds (burns/deep cuts/ect) or I can open up a maximum of one lethal wound per person (until the wounds heal again).

-Open psychological wound

Requirements to activate:

-Must be holding the target's head
-Limited to one use per day
-3 randomly selected wounds of my own open up

By opening a 'mental' wound, I can make people relive a trauma and let them experience a mental break down if they can't handle it. This ability is hardly ever used unless it is a life or death situation.

Weakness:
-People who never had a wound before or who have a high pain resistance
-Most Logia Devil fruit users, as their body is no longer in a state of being able to bleed.

Jolly Roger;
Formerly: A pirate flag which was ripped in pieces.

Misc.:

During my travels I tripped over a wild Den Den Mushi which was shedding resin. After a long and difficult battle, the snail agreed to join me on my travels.

Snail name: Aroo
Bounty; 2
Age/Birthday; N/A - He's a snail
Home Sea; Grand Line
Affiliations; Quicksilver pirates - Pet (formely: Neeya~ Pirates)
Appearance; Glowy orange with a blue shell
Personality; He's quickwitted but slow to move
Abilities;

Devil fruit;
Resin Resin Fruit (樹脂樹脂の実, Jushi Jushi no mi)
Type: Paramecia

Aroo is able produce endless amounts of the resin and can harden it into Amber.
Aroo creates the blades I fight with, from a single broadsword to dual wielding broadswords to a huge claymore.
Aroo can also create small Amber daggers, which I can throw at enemies.

aroowanted.png

I think the next big arc will go on for atleast a year and have a lot of mini-arcs with Big Mom as end 'boss'.

I don't agree with ILP on the 'straight to Big Mom' -statement. I don't see Luffy currently being at Yonkou level yet, but I'm sure he'll get a lot stronger once they enter the New World. As I see it, Big Mom is part of an 'overshadowingly big arc' and it'll go on for atleast a year with mini-arcs in between. I do presume that Zoro will fight the Lion guy and that Sanji will fight the guy from the Longleg tribe.

Last edited:

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
Ahahaha, you're new pirate profile is great, Cell.
It seems very much like something Oda would have thought up.
I accept your application as the swordsman of the Quicksilver pirates. And Aroo too.

[spoil]Really, I don't have an idea, other than they might go see Lola and her mother.
The latest chapter just caught me off guard. Wasn't expecting it.[/spoil]

Hey everyone been a while;
Welcome back!

As I had discussed with Zam, my slightly edited pirate profile;
Haha, I really like Aroo's little bit XD

I think the next big arc will go on for atleast a year and have a lot of mini-arcs with Big Mom as end 'boss'.

I don't agree with ILP on the 'straight to Big Mom' -statement. I don't see Luffy currently being at Yonkou level yet, but I'm sure he'll get a lot stronger once they enter the New World. As I see it, Big Mom is part of an 'overshadowingly big arc' and it'll go on for atleast a year with mini-arcs in between.
[spoil]I'm imagining it something like how Enel was. The overall Skypiea Arc was fairly long, but we didn't have the interaction with Enel himself for quite a while.

As for Luffy being at Yonkou level, I think he's definitely a big step closer (the entire fishman arc was pretty much just a showcase of how much stronger the entire crew has become). He's not close enough to go head-to-head to a Yonkou yet, but he's going to grow over the next few short arcs, and will probably just about beat Big Mom.[/spoil]

Thousand Sunny.

I started watching the anime in September and finally caught up with the current manga chapter yesterday :D .
Welcome to the One Piece club!

Thanks for the welcome, glad to be here.

I don't agree with ILP on the 'straight to Big Mom' -statement. I don't see Luffy currently being at Yonkou level yet, but I'm sure he'll get a lot stronger once they enter the New World. As I see it, Big Mom is part of an 'overshadowingly big arc' and it'll go on for atleast a year with mini-arcs in between. I do presume that Zoro will fight the Lion guy and that Sanji will fight the guy from the Longleg tribe.

I don't believe that there will be that many mini arcs between the SH and their fight with Big Mom. From what we've seen of Big Mom, she seems like she is intent on killing Luffy for eating her candy and Luffy himself said he would fight her for FI. Although, I also agree that Luffy is not yet at a Yonkou level. I'm guessing that the whole crew (or atleast Luffy, Sanji, Zoro) would have to go all out on Big Mom to beat her. Or perhaps Aokiji or Crocodile will come and help Luffy, however, that doesn't seem so likely.

Ace of Shades

Hello fellow fans of one piece, I have a question.

I heard somewhere that Funimation will be releasing One Piece merchandise, is that true?

If so i hope there are action figures for the Straw Hats and other main characters. I also would love to have a interactable Thousand Sunny to go with them or a Thousand Sunny plushie.

Takeo

I don't believe that there will be that many mini arcs between the SH and their fight with Big Mom. From what we've seen of Big Mom, she seems like she is intent on killing Luffy for eating her candy and Luffy himself said he would fight her for FI. Although, I also agree that Luffy is not yet at a Yonkou level. I'm guessing that the whole crew (or atleast Luffy, Sanji, Zoro) would have to go all out on Big Mom to beat her. Or perhaps Aokiji or Crocodile will come and help Luffy, however, that doesn't seem so likely.

[spoil]4 days time is the tea party that Big Mama has been waiting for, like I've said before Luffy would have no problem coming in uninvited and starting a brawl; One of the other supernova's tried to get one of the Four emperors attention by attacking one of the islands under the command of Kaido...whatever happened to X Drake and Kaido's cybrog and whether X Drake got his attention is unknown. Kid tired to get Big Mama's attention by destroying 2 of her battle ships but she didn't even know about it and or care[/spoil]

Status
Not open for further replies.