• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The one Pokemon game

TogepiLover

Beginning Trainer
Anyone ever do a game where you just pretty much level up your starter, never really leveling any other Pokemon? It's how I used to play R/B/Y and G/S/C :D

My current playthrough (and sort of my first) of Diamond is similar to this. I'm only really using one Pokemon, however it's a Psyduck (now a Golduck) I caught after the second gym.

Honsy

Screaming Narwhal
I did that in Yellow and Crystal. (First two Pokemon games I had).

In Yellow, I pretty much just leveled up Pikachu and Charmander. Because I really wanted a Charizard for whatever reason. :S

In Crystal I pretty much only leveled up Cyndaquil. Until my second play through when I realised what I smacktard I was.

InfamousMrJ

Serebii'sGhostbuster
Never. I don't think I could, as it would bore me too much. >_<
I mean, I suppose it would be slightly interesting, but, I'll pass. X3

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'
I've did that In crystal. I tried doing that in yellow until pikachu was weak against ground so I caught a Nidoran and just simply raised that until I dominated everyone.

This is what I am trying not to do in my third playthrough of my LeafGreen. So far, I'm doing pretty well - my team's current levels are 32, 35, 35, 37, 39 and 41. And my level 41 is a Golbat, not my starter.

aaron-now

I used to do that, using legendaries in the elite four. I've become better on Platinum but on LG I trained up my Charizard to like 85 and my second most trained was a Victreebel to like 55.

fast_evo8

Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss
I used to do that on Crystal and when I'd get to the E4 my starter was around lv 80 xP

I always do that, but I've restarted my game so I can balance it around summore.

~Cosmic~

The Plot Thickens
I've done that twice. Once in Diamond with a Drifloon/Drifblim, and in Emerald with a Beldum/Metang/Metagross.

I think I did that in one of the earlier games with a Magmar. I remember having a level 87 Magmar and my starter was my next strongest at 41 I believe. I can't do that anymore, to OCD about keeping pokes within five levels of one another.

sapphire_addict

Brooklyn rage!
hehe my brother always gets mad at me for doing that. i normally raise two though. and then after the pokemon league i raise a full team. the only game i didn't do that is was platinum, and one of my leaf green files.

ShinyCollector007

Trainin's Over! DIE!
Every single game, although I plan to change that with Platinum

Raikou_fan

Back in the old days of r/b/y and g/s/c I did. I was young, and didn't see how training all of them would benefit me. Also, I thought it'd take too long.

sora247

~Ding Dong~
i did this in lg once, cept it was an overley trained mr.mime. i think it was level 70 by the pokemon league.

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
I did this in m original Gold game. I used my Typhlosion like crazy and it was like lv. 70 by the time I got to the league, w/ my second strongest at around 45 (i noticed around the 7th gym so I started to raise another pokemon).

Meh, I don't really do this, but I have done this in Sapphire before. I used Torchic or Mudkip (I can't remember :/) and owned the game... until I got bored after the 5th gym and restarted. I like using many pokemon since my main one could faint. I sweeped through LeafGreen with my Charizard and Gyarados.

Azure Flame

I don't really do this. I try raise all the ones in my party evenly. Then, if I catch a stronger pokemon that I like, I put it in and train it as well. But I do usually stick with my starter through the story. But it's only ones in my party or that I want to evolve. I've completed my Pearl story, but I still have pokemon at single digit levels that I might never use that were just caught because I didn't have one already.

gtab x3

Well i try not to do that my team is always the same levels, but on my diamond, my Flygon got a bit ahead of my starter.

SHINY CATCHER

Epic Snake is Epic!
did that on my first game Pokemon Sapphire, my Sceptile was LV100 before the elite four