• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The one that got away...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eevee_Slugma

on my ruby, i caught groudon with a pokeball and didn't save...>.<
My friend caught Rayquaza with a pokeball, but his game was mysteriously deleted.
I dropped my Gold version outside. Weeks later, i find it to be unplayable. (I lost my FAVORITE lv. 100 Typhlosion :( )
My friend trained a level 100 Meganium on his silver, traded it to his gold and restarted by accident.
My other friend has a lv. 100 Feraligator. I'm waiting for something to happen...

Last edited:

Kenji

Feelin'a Urge for FR
QQ more thread?

Well as long as we're all complaining I saw a random shiny Glameow when I had no balls.

-gasp and point- You've got no balls!
Let me give you some!
-hands five Pokeballs to Lord_Sunday-

Anyway, it's not D/P, but.. meh.
I stupidly restarted my Leaf Green once, about three days after I caught my first shiny.. [A sandslash.]

Mega Steelix

Mega Evolved
On Gold version, I found a Shiny Electrode in the Rocket building in Mahogany town and decided to run away, to save then rebattle it, when the battle started it was normal.

It probably would have used explosion/selfdestruct anyway.

Argon

Banned
All: Just to make a point, you can catch pokemon in a double battle, just when the other wild pokemon is defeated. That's how I caught my Buneary.

VenoSpyder

I'll bite you...
I once encountered a shiny Steelix in Snowpoint Temple.

...My Lucario killed it.

Soaring Dragonite

Rubber Ducky
I haven't had any of those moments in Diamond, but I did on my Emerald Version. I ran into a shiny Whismur while in Victory Road, then accidentally knocked it out. =/

KamiStriker

Kami God
I had made my chain. The last pokemon I fought was in the botom right corner with a tree below me and on my right. There was only 2 routes to move in. 2 pieces of grass wiggle right infront of me in both directions. Diagonally from me was a shiny grass....
I had no way to get to it.

GreenAiden555

Up For Trade P.M Me
missed a shiny pidgey, had no pokeballs...

I'm willing to bet your girlfriend's cat died the same day, too, huh?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Anyway...Shiny Quagsire, Great Marsh. Add two and two together.

Mandude

I've gotten a lot of shinys in Diamond and caught most of them. Once I didn't catch a shiny, instead I accidently ran from it.

Charizard006

Beginning Trainer
I lent my friend my emerald so he can try out battle frontier and stuff. The next time he comes over,I find that he completely started my game over, so I lost all my cool pokes! (he thought pokemon games allowed multiple save files):mad:

Argon

Banned
Ar: I didn't know Pokemon games allow more than one save file. I just saw on some video online in Blue version, where someone shifted from one pokemon to the next on the title screen. Does this mean there are more than one files in Blue version?

Argon

Banned
Ar: You... ran... from a colored Smoochum. You did know how rare they were before running, did you?

SmashHero24

The One Who Knocks
On my Ruby, the poochyena you fight to save Birch was shiny. I punched a pillow.
On my Diamond, shiny Skuropi....Great Marsh 'effin sucks.

Blake.S

Well I have been farelly lucky on diamond I found a shiny staravia (Pokeradar) but on emerald I can't remember where but I think it was the the battledome someone had a shiny dustox! I saw it another time after that too so I think it was the same trainer! I wasn't upset just jealous, sorry if this was the wrong section. Oh, I could use more encounters with shinies tough, maybe if I saw more I might fail more!

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Found a shiny geodude while EV training in the Maniac's tunnel ( D/P )

I hate selfdestruct. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.