• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The one that got away...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protoman EXE

Aegis Shield Up!!!
I ran into a shiney Mesprit with 1 hp and it died after throwing a Dusk ball it said mesprit fainted after i throw a Dusk ball. >_< XD

little norbert

I saw a shiny groudon and failed to catch it. That really stung, But I did take a picture, so it's cool ^-^

Cuthrout

i kinda forgot to save when getting a adamant natured bagon after breeding my salamence for 8 hours....

Mudkip5001

Fine...Char Me!
Found ;030; (evo) in fr safari zone and ;201-e; from gts in dimend

Last edited:

big poppa

the boss
I ran into a shiney Mesprit with 1 hp and it died after throwing a Dusk ball it said mesprit fainted after i throw a Dusk ball. >_< XD

The Mesprit didn't faint, it fled. Its still out there somewhere in Sinnoh, you can use one of your Poketch Apps to locate it.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
.... :( Uxie and it's counterpart that isn't Mesprit...But,since today I finally obtained all 150 Shinnoh pokemon,I have a Uxie in my box,which I will trade,but...:p Yea,I don't like him.

Since I've never seen a shiny pokemon in game,I've never had the opitunity to accidentally faint a shiny,have one run away,get all my pokemon fainted by one(o_O Yea...That makes little sense since I always have my Rayquaza on my team)or getted "Roar"'ed at....Yea >>

Mega Typhlosion

My first random shiny was an Electrike on Ruby...I lost it when I restarted the game (forgot to save in Pokémon Box).

Also I saw a shiny Milotic at the Battle Pike in Emerald -_-

groovitational skiing9867

trapeze teddiursa!
Same here! High five!
:D
I honestly didn't know what I was doing. I guess I was thinking it'd be in the cave again, but then I realized.. legendaries are only a one-time-appearance thing. Silly me.
And then... I ran into a shiny buneary while in the Eterna Forest with Cheryl.. and you know how we can't catch Pokemon with a partner :(
I wanted to ditch her right there and then!

did you guys ever think to save before you fought them? i ran from a shiny budew once

Mega freak

May deoxys crush you
Soft reseted my way to a shiny rayquaza in my emerald version and it's confusion from outrage killed itself.

pokemaniac10

クロツグ
Mesprit always ran away no matter how hard I tried.
I also had a hard time trying to catch Latios, it just wont give up.
And the three ledgendary beasts always run away and there quite hard to catch.(Which is pretty obvious.)

RDSchley

The Anti-Hero
Uhh.. I guess once i saw a... no wait... i always catch what i want,

QQ moar!

Always have pokeballs! always! don't go anywhere without your balls!

Aptenodytes

I got Pokerus on my Empoleon, and didn't put it in my PC box because I misinterpreted what I read beforehand about this virus. I shut off my game before spreading the virus to my other Pokemon, and two days later when I played again it was too late. It took me another year to get Pokerus, and that was from a Jirachi from the GTS.

Oh, and I missed three guaranteed shinies from the Pokeradar because the chains broke at 39.

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
Uhh.. I guess once i saw a... no wait... i always catch what i want,

QQ moar!

Always have pokeballs! always! don't go anywhere without your balls!
now that's worth sigging well a shiny togepi came metronome it used healing wish or selfestruct

Blinky the Mew

Clever Idiot
Shiney ninetails *sniff*

this one is the one i constantly refer to the one that got away for me.
Ok so it was 3am in the morning and i wasnt about to go to sleep cuz i was on a long chain of vulpix after trying for so long to get it going. I was at 40 and noticed my batary was going down but i was being stupid and payed no attintion to it. So at 47 i finally got a shiney one and when i went to throw a ball at it my power died.......... it ****** me off so bad i mean have you seen a shiney ninetails? there freaking buetiful!!! oh **** it all to ******* hell!!!!!!......................... Sorry i need to calm down.

Squirtle_Master

Leader of the Dark
i went into the great marsh in pearl because i saw that kangaskan was the daily poke. so i went in looking for it and out of nowhere a shiny hoothoot appeared! i threw a ball at it and it shook 3 times, got out, and fleed. i was so mad cuz theyre easy to capture but it failed....

LV100

Retired Master
I ran into a shiney Abra that telleported away. I traded for another, but it's not the same.

KingNido

Accidentally killed my first and only shiny run-in via critical hit :(
It was only a Ratata, but it's still a shiny.

Nobody's Nerd

Electric Engine
This has happened to me twice. The first time was in the very beginning of the game. Because I'm weird, I tend to train my starter up to about level 20 before going anywhere past Route 202. I met a shiny Bidoof, but sadly had no Pokeballs yet. :(

The second shiny I missed was a Quagsire in the Great Marsh. I loathe the Great Marsh. So annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.