• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The One Time Rival (possible spoilers)

Should Ash Lose again to a one time rival?

• Yes

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

dman_dustin

Every time Ash enters the league he meets a rival and he loses to them.

Ritchie (Kanto) (okay maybe not exactly a one time rival but he falls under the category)
Harrison (Johto)
Tyson (Hoenn)

What I want to know is, Should Ash lose again to another one time rival? Or would you rather have the rival appear mid-journey and we see them again at the league.

Keep in mind though this is if Ash doesn't win the Sinnoh League.

Or would you rather have the rival appear mid-journey and we see them again at the league.

^ This. Well, not mid-journey, though. More, like, 10 episodes before the actual League episodes.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I think Paul should win the Sinnoh League. And since I also think he should have a battle with Ash in the League, I guess I wouldn't mind Ash losing to Paul, who's definitely not a one-time rival (as long as Ash defeats him before the League, that is... spurring a change in Paul's Pokemon training attitude).

I think there should be a one-time rival, but he should battle Ash outside of the competition. Then he can go on to lose to Paul in the final round. Of course, having more than one one-time rival would change things a bit. Besides, my ideal Sinnoh Leage turn of events are rather specific, so meh.

As far as having a League rival appear mid-series, that sounds like a good idea, too. I guess at the end of the day, I just hope somehow the writers switch things up.

Well I def don't want Ash to loose to a one time rival this time. I'd rather have him loose to Paul this time if any. But it will most likely have him win and have him loose to another. I hope its an intrestig fellow though if so.

Profesco

gone gently
I actually would rather Ash lose to a one-timer than to Paul! I love Paul's character, but his training method and personality can't be allowed to persevere over Ash's in their most important battle. (And I think all of us expect to see Ash and Paul battle in the Sinnoh League finals.) But if things really went my way, Ash would be winning this league.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I'm the only one who voted he should so far? Seriously?

It's kind of like a rinse, lather, repeat kind of thing. Seems like they're saving Paul losing against Ash for the League, and when he does lose that will just about be it for him like it was it for Gary I imagine. Then Ash will get beaten around by some nice guy who looks too soft to make it to the Finals in all honesty (Ritchie), but still managed to climb through the ranks.

kevinhend

Master Trainer
I think every pokemon legeau he comes a step closer to championschip.
so i think he is going to lose the final, but he will win in the next region!(if there will be a next one)

thunderblade12

no way. if theyre going to have him lose then it should be to a character that we'v watched develop for the whole sinnoh saga. they have so many..paul and nando are almost assured to be at the sinnoh league, theres even a chance for gary to be there. id even rather see the raichu guy or conway become a regular rival and end up being the one to defeat him

TheGreatRandoxy

Goldikarp&3reds
i think the finals 4 the sinnoh league should be
Ash
Paul
Ritchie
Gary

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Well I def don't want Ash to loose to a one time rival this time. I'd rather have him loose to Paul this time if any.

Profesco said:
I actually would rather Ash lose to a one-timer than to Paul! I love Paul's character, but his training method and personality can't be allowed to persevere over Ash's in their most important battle.

Personally i'd laugh to no end if that does happen, and then to add insult to injury Paul goes on to beat the elite and Cynthia with his method of training..possibly forcing Ash to turn to the dark side and start doing the same, thining out and releasing the pokemon he doesn't use or can't keep up and only uses his strong one's from that point forward. ^_^

Personally i'd laugh to no end if that does happen, and then to add insult to injury Paul goes on to beat the elite and Cynthia with his method of training..possibly forcing Ash to turn to the dark side and start doing the same, thining out and releasing the pokemon he doesn't use or can't keep up and only uses his strong one's from that point forward. ^_^

Ash going to the dark side? Hmm I just can't see this. Maybe get a little sad for a bit that would be intresting to see for a bit. I just think it would increase Ash/Paul rivalry. Though trust me I'd rather Ash win over this.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
theres even a chance for gary to be there.

Gary is a researcher now. He said that at the end of Johto I think? Not completely sure, but I know he told Ash.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ash going to the dark side? Hmm I just can't see this.

I can, because i'm not closed minded and don't look at only one angle from thier rivalry like others tend to do.

I never said it would be perminant either, just long enough to destroy Paul at his own game, and i'd take anger and hatred over being sad any day. After all we've seen Ash get sad and depressed before, and quite frankley i'd love to see anger come out if it happens again, though i digress as we've gotten off topic here.

As for the topic, I really do hope they don't "create" another "league only" person later, but if they do, hopefull whoever it is will get taken out by Paul, or lose to Ash.