• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Order of the Glitch- a Glitch Pokémon Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennehFishle

The Pomeg Explorer
Here's why you've been having problems with the 1-100 glitch in R/B/Y:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Experience#Experience_underflow_glitch

I'm an avid Pokemon glitcher, but the best Pokemon glitching sites, Glitch City Labs and Hall of Origin, have been inactive for many months now. Given that this site is always active, and there is a glitching community of sorts here, I decided that I might as well use my already-created Serebii account to discuss Pokemon glitching.

"I, BennehFishle, do hereby swear that I have read the rules of this club and intend to follow them."

It's funny that one of you should mention the Pomeg glitch. In the past two-to-three years, I have been exploring and experimenting with the Pomeg berry's effects, and I have discovered so many incredible, neat stuff that the glitch can do (including a few new glitch Pokemon). Here's my favourite example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDLhtW6OCdE

...and here's my channel, full of other Pomeg stuff (although I haven't come close to uploading all of the stuff I've found): http://www.youtube.com/user/VaePomegGlitch

Before anyone asks, none of the Pomeg sub-glitches I've found involve hacking (Action Replay, GameShark and such).

One more thing:

OP, I formally propose that referring to glitch Pokemon in general as 'MissingNo.' should be held as an offense (or, at the least, strongly discouraged) in addition to what else is to be held as such in Rule #4, or that a separate rule could be established for such a purpose. In any case, I feel that it should be unacceptable for the members of any 'glitching club' not to know the most basic details about glitch Pokemon. MissingNo. exists only in the first generation games and no-where else.

Youngster_Joey

Better in HD!
Okay then, I cant officialy say your accepted into the the club, as I am not at liberty to do so, but you are ^_^

And i'm curious, if not MissingNo., what would you call the question marks? Would you call them Question Marks?

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Here's why you've been having problems with the 1-100 glitch in R/B/Y:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Experience#Experience_underflow_glitch

I'm an avid Pokemon glitcher, but the best Pokemon glitching sites, Glitch City Labs and Hall of Origin, have been inactive for many months now. Given that this site is always active, and there is a glitching community of sorts here, I decided that I might as well use my already-created Serebii account to discuss Pokemon glitching.

"I, BennehFishle, do hereby swear that I have read the rules of this club and intend to follow them."

It's funny that one of you should mention the Pomeg glitch. In the past two-to-three years, I have been exploring and experimenting with the Pomeg berry's effects, and I have discovered so many incredible, neat stuff that the glitch can do (including a few new glitch Pokemon). Here's my favourite example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDLhtW6OCdE

...and here's my channel, full of other Pomeg stuff (although I haven't come close to uploading all of the stuff I've found): http://www.youtube.com/user/VaePomegGlitch

Before anyone asks, none of the Pomeg sub-glitches I've found involve hacking (Action Replay, GameShark and such).

One more thing:

OP, I formally propose that referring to glitch Pokemon in general as 'MissingNo.' should be held as an offense (or, at the least, strongly discouraged) in addition to what else is to be held as such in Rule #4, or that a separate rule could be established for such a purpose. In any case, I feel that it should be unacceptable for the members of any 'glitching club' not to know the most basic details about glitch Pokemon. MissingNo. exists only in the first generation games and no-where else.

You are in! Welcome to the club, and that's a good suggestion. It irks me whenever I hear someone referring to a Generation II or beyond Glitch Pokémon (or even a different Generation I Glitch Pokémon!) as Missingno., even though I used to be guilty of that back then. I don't think it would be reasonable to implement it as a rule, given that it's a pretty common mistake.

BennehFishle

The Pomeg Explorer
And i'm curious, if not MissingNo., what would you call the question marks? Would you call them Question Marks?

In Generation III, the 65,000+ junk Pokemon found in the game's data are collectively referred to as 'Decamarks'/'??????????'/'Tenquestionmarks'/'10marks' and so forth, because, ofc, their names consist of - you guessed it - ten question marks. These Pokemon's sprites consist of the circled question mark picture found in the Pokedex to represent Pokemon not yet caught.

The glitch Pokemon in GenIII consisting of two white question marks (I'm pretty sure of this) is called ??. Go figure.

Glitch Pokemon of all shapes and sizes are named/designated according to what information the game gives us about said Pokemon. If a Pokemon's summary shows a glitch Pokemon to be named -, then unless that glitch Pokemon is named already, it's fair to call this Pokemon -. If you wish to refer to a specific Decamarks Pokemon, this rule also applies to them: various Decamarks are named after Pokemon moves; for example, there is an 'Ice Punch' Deca, a 'Tackle' Deca, and so on.

You are in! Welcome to the club, and that's a good suggestion. It irks me whenever I hear someone referring to a Generation II or beyond Glitch Pokémon (or even a different Generation I Glitch Pokémon!) as Missingno., even though I used to be guilty of that back then. I don't think it would be reasonable to implement it as a rule, given that it's a pretty common mistake.

That's fair enough; a small penalty would be sufficient: -2 pixel points, a demerit of some sort, etc. Obviously, it needn't result in a permanent ban from the club or such. All I ask is that it be discouraged.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
...haha, I guess I've killed this club. No one's interested in glitching? :(

Clubs can get inactive from time to time. While I appreciate your intent to keep the club active, unfortunately, double-posting goes against the SPPF general rules. As rule 1 of this club entails following all SPPF rules, I'm afraid you've earned a demerit.

You make a good point, though, about discouraging people from calling non-Missingno. Glitch Pokémon Missingno. Perhaps I can work this into a rule of some sort.

Mewtwo415

Minecraft Hacker
"I, Mewtwo415, do hereby swear that I have read the rules of this club and intend to follow them."
I love getting Missing No. on Red, although the guy at Cinnibar Island stands on the gym roof sometimes.

Eeveeon8

It is I... Eeveeon8
"I, User of Fancy Statements Such as This, do hereby swear that I have read the rules of this incredibly epic and absolutely amazing, but not at all fine club and intend to follow them."
Welcome, it's your friendly neighborhood smart alec. I'm joining cause I have recently come over my fear of glitches and have come here in the pursuit of knowledge. It also seems like this club is in serious need of sarcasm, and I shall provide it.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I'll be perfectly honest, I had completely forgotten about this club. But no more of that. Eeveeon8, Mewtwo415, welcome to the club. Eeveeon8, your pledge was a tad iffy, but you seem to have gotten the idea, so I'll allow it. You each earn 3 Pixel Points!

And as my apologies for my inactivity, all members are automatically awarded 10 Pixel Points each. Including our two newest members, btw.

soulpaw

"I, soulpaw, do hereby swear that I have read the rules of this club and intend to follow them."

Hello, everyone ^^ I'm afraid I never glitched a Generation I game, but my Crystal one has a bunch of bad clones, more or less bad clones, Pokémon that used to be ?????s and I enjoy learning about the subject.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Welcome to the club, soulpaw! For correctly joining up on the first try, you earn 3 Pixel Points!

I've never been able to glitch Crystal version, myself. I never even got the cloning trick to work on it, only on Gold and Silver. In fact, when I first learned about the Generation II cloning trick (this was way before I ever had the internet at my disposal), I think the guy I learned it from told me it wouldn't work with Crystal. It didn't stop me from trying, but I never had success with it in that game.

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
Ah, this thread is back. Good thing I decided to log on this morning. XD

I've never been able to glitch Crystal version, myself. I never even got the cloning trick to work on it, only on Gold and Silver. In fact, when I first learned about the Generation II cloning trick (this was way before I ever had the internet at my disposal), I think the guy I learned it from told me it wouldn't work with Crystal. It didn't stop me from trying, but I never had success with it in that game.

I've gotten the cloning glitch to work with Crystal, but it's slightly different from Gold and Silver. The time you're supposed to shut off the game is off by a few seconds. I haven't done it in a while, but I think you're supposed to shut it off immediately after the period/exclaimation point appears when the game says "Don't shut off the power."

That's how got my glitched Raikou/Crobat hybrid.

Srivats123

I challenge you to a
"I, Srivats123, do hereby swear that I have read the rules of this fine club and intend to follow them."

Can I please join now?

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I've gotten the cloning glitch to work with Crystal, but it's slightly different from Gold and Silver. The time you're supposed to shut off the game is off by a few seconds. I haven't done it in a while, but I think you're supposed to shut it off immediately after the period/exclaimation point appears when the game says "Don't shut off the power."

That's how got my glitched Raikou/Crobat hybrid.
Interesting. I'll have to get out my Crystal version and give it a try one of these days.

"I, Srivats123, do hereby swear that I have read the rules of this fine club and intend to follow them."

Can I please join now?
I'm afraid not. You don't seem to have read the rules quite as carefully as you should've. Just read them over, see what you did wrong, and try again.

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
Interesting. I'll have to get out my Crystal version and give it a try one of these days.

Still haven't figured out exactly how to make hybrids consistently - that Raikou/Crobat is the only one I ever got to work.

Another glitch accidentally deleted by Togetic from my Silver game long before I even knew about the cloning glitch. (RIP Togetic)

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Still haven't figured out exactly how to make hybrids consistently - that Raikou/Crobat is the only one I ever got to work.

Another glitch accidentally deleted by Togetic from my Silver game long before I even knew about the cloning glitch. (RIP Togetic)

Ouch. That sucks, losing a Pokemon like that. I myself lost a Pokemon, though I'm sorry to say it was from Action Replay usage, rather than a glitch. In Emerald, I was using an Action Replay to steal Pokemon from the Battle Factory. What I would do is, after obtaining the rentals, I would activate the warp code. Then, when I went through the door, instead of being in the battle area, I'd be on the top floor of Mirage Tower. Only downside is, I'd lose whatever was on my team, so I would just box everything except one throwaway Pokemon like a Snorunt or something. Then one time, I forgot to box my Pelipper after flying back to the Battle Frontier.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
So, I've restarted my Red version just today. Not too far in. No badges yet. My team so far is;

Charmander (lv. 9)
Nidoking (lv. 100)
Venusaur (lv. 100)

No trades. I'm the original trainer on all counts here. No cheating. I don't even own a cheating device compatible with Generation I, and this is a legitimate copy, the very same one I got for my 10th birthday, nearly 12 years ago. So, bearing all that in mind, you got to wonder, how did he do it?

Watch and learn, people. Watch and learn. And for Arceus's sake, if you have a YouTube account, give the video a like, for this guy is an absolute saint for doing this, for providing such an in-depth tutorial for this extraordinary glitch which will surely change the face of speedruns and general R/B/Y playthroughs for years to come.

DarkBowsy

Glitch Master
Please, oh, please let me join! I LOVE glitches, especially in Generation 1! I have a huge obsession over Glitch Pokemon! I mainly use my Pokemon Blue version for glitches like MissingNo., h poke, and .4! I know almost everything there is to know about glitches! So... I, DarkBowsy, agree to follow the rules of this club. I will be desperately waiting for an answer! Thank you SO MUCH in advance! :D

DarkBowsy

Glitch Master
Sorry everyone... I guess I didn't read the rules quite right.

I, DarkBowsy, do hereby swear that I have read the rules of this fine club and agree to follow them.

Like I said, I love Glitch Pokemon! I like: The walk through walls glitch, MissingNo.; 'M, ALL glitch Pokemon, Glitch City, and finally, the Mew glitch! Let's just say... I love all glitches! I would really like to join this club because Glitch Pokemon clubs are one of a kind! You don't see them everywhere... Which there should be! Also, with my fastination of glitches, I don't have many friends who like glitches, unlike you guys! It would be a great honor for me to help with discussions and just join the club in general! Thanks in advance! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.