• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Path That Leads to Goodbye! (792)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Ash and Iris Break It Off!? Highway to Separation!!

Arriving on Big Island, the biggest island in the Decolora Archipelago, Ash & Co. encounter the rare Pokémon, Dunsparce. Ash is eager to capture it and challenges it to a battle. During which, it uses its Screech attack which disorientates Ash, causing him to fall onto Iris' floral headdress, and while Pikachu tries to attack the Dunsparce, Axew inadvertently crashes into it causing Dunsparce to escape. Ash is angered and blames Axew for this, causing Iris to get angered at Ash. Ash tries to mend fences with Iris, but Iris angrily says she's leaving and heads off with Axew. Will Ash & Iris manage to make up?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts with Iris and Ash fighting.

Cilan thoughts take us back to what happened before the fight.

Ash tries to catch a wild Dunsparce, but the screech makes Axew to bump into Pikachu and Ash to ruin Iris's flowers.

Iris walks away from Ash, upset.

The flashback ends (I think) and Cilan walks with Ash and Pikachu, whilst Iris is off walking by herself nearby.

Pikachu spots and apple tree and shows for Ash, to give as a peace offering to Iris I think.

The apples taste awful and Iris gets mad, before throwing an apple at Ash, which Cilan catches.

Iris and Ash get mad and ignore each other.

Iris walks off.

Dare da? Dunsparce.

Team Rocket have a flashback to when they were spying on Ash and co. after they departed from the ship.

Now they're behind a rock, spying on Iris.

More of Cilan's thoughts.

Iris turns around and yells at Ash, who yells back at Iris.

Ash brings out his Pokemon.

Iris and Ash sleep in different trees during the rain. Ash is in a sleeping bag.

Scraggy and Pikachu walk off in the morning. Meowth spies on the wandering Pokemon.

Ash's Pokemon give Ash a push, Oshawott and Pignite, so that he can fo and make up with Iris.

Ash remembers the times he had with Iris and then decides to make things right.

Team Rocket jump out in front of the Pokemon and do their motto.

Ash and co. thwart Team Rocket.

Ash and Iris resolves things and then they all laugh at something.

Cilan has another thought, as the episode finishes.

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
ash is just casually stalking iris :p

Ash staking Iris O_O! This is weird for Ash to do that.

Dunsparce Screeh attack sound bad

Yes!! team rocket appears!!! :)

Oh no this won't end will for Ash and Clian

Wow Ash's Pokemon are helping Ash said he sorry. Wow I didn't see that coming

I'm happy that they could make up and be friend again :D

Edit: After hearing this episode I'll give it a 7.5/10 because they were changing thing up here.

Last edited:

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
ash is just casually stalking iris :p

all that over flowers? didn't know iris was the girly type :O

Yes!! team rocket appears!!! :)

way to ruin the mood team rocket lol!

that was such a touching scene to :(

Edit

Thought this was a pretty good episode, loved the drama 8/10

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I feel that technically it wasn't completely Ash's fault.

I mean anyone would be initially a bit angry at that accidental mishap which Axew caused (eventhough it was because of Dunsparce's Screech). Also when Ash understood his accidental mistake about damaging the flowers, he tried to apologize but Iris didn't allow it, plus the fact that it wasn't Ash's fault that he ended up giving Iris a sour apple.

In this episode, it felt to me like Iris was the one who was acting childish, but the writers made it out that it was Ash's fault for acting childish.

And what happened to Ash wanting to capture a Dunsparce.

I feel that technically it wasn't completely Ash's fault.

I mean anyone would be initially a bit angry at that accidental mishap which Axew caused (eventhough it was because of Dunsparce's Screech). Also when Ash understood his accidental mistake about damaging the flowers, he tried to apologize but Iris didn't allow it, plus the fact that it wasn't Ash's fault that he ended up giving Iris a sour apple.

In this episode, it felt to me like Iris was the one who was acting childish, but the writers made it out that it was Ash's fault for acting childish.

And what happened to Ash wanting to capture a Dunsparce.

Either sides were at fault. It was supposed to be that way.

Can't give furthers comments right now, but they have compensated well enough for Cilan as he was only in the sidelines for this episode.

nuzamaki90

What was the point?! Seriously who even pitched this episode, or this saga better said.

The whole thing was over Iris throwing a hissy fit over some flowers and a sour apple. And Ash got blamed for everything, why? Pikachu was the one who got the apple, Ash didnt mean damage the flowers, and got forced into making amends. And what does he get out of it? A high five and a blasted Team Rocket?

HE DIDNT EVEN GET DUNSPARCE !?

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
The whole thing was over Iris throwing a hissy fit over some flowers and a sour apple. And Ash got blamed for everything, why? Pikachu was the one who got the apple, Ash didnt mean damage the flowers, and got forced into making amends. And what does he get out of it? A high five and a blasted Team Rocket?
More like Ash blaming Axew when it wasn't really his fault and then giving Iris a sour apple and then she eats it and then both he and Cilan laughed (unintentionally ofc). So it's only natural she would get upset.

Bariokie

rock dog
So...Ash didn't catch Dunsparz? TT^TT

Did something special happen with the Dunsparce or did it just run away..?

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
So...Ash didn't catch Dunsparz? TT^TT

Did something special happen with the Dunsparce or did it just run away..?
No, it flew off.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
Stop making me Jealous we're still on Rival Destinies in Australia

Virgil134

PMD Writer
I thought this fight was better than the fight Ash had with Dawn or May. Dunsparce had a small role like I expected. Not sure why people thought Ash would eventually catch it, I always thought it was obvious that it was just a plot-device at the beginning of the episode. The TRio sucked like usual though. Overall a mediocre episode which is good for DA standards I guess.

6/10

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
i guess those wings aren't just for decoration, then again Stunfisk could fly too.

In all honesty both Ash and Iris were acting like children, but at least they made up.