• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Path That Leads to Goodbye! (792)

FlyAsADunsparce

Cynthia's Garchomp wasn't the only Garchomp shown flying, there was a Garchomp in the Summer School Arc in Sinnoh who did the same thing.

But a Dunsparce flying like that? It should not be possible. In an episode during the Johto series when Dunsparce were shown flying they were struggling to stay airborne because of those tiny wings. This Dunsparce however was shown flying as well as a bird with fully developed wings.

Maybe they changed that because a certain Dunsparce is gonna follow a certain boat, yknow wut im sayin.

nvm I'm just salty he didn't catch it...

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
But a Dunsparce flying like that? It should not be possible. In an episode during the Johto series when Dunsparce were shown flying they were struggling to stay airborne because of those tiny wings. This Dunsparce however was shown flying as well as a bird with fully developed wings.

Maybe they changed that because a certain Dunsparce is gonna follow a certain boat, yknow wut im sayin.

nvm I'm just salty he didn't catch it...

That would have been my response to Raptor's post.

Anyway, I did like seeing Cilan's Pokémon out and about. The last time someone brought their team out was in Charizard's return episode and he didn't send his out then. Seeing Ash's Pokémon interact with Cilan was nice as that doesn't happen too often.

Iris was acting really childish, even more so than Ash as Ash attempted to set things right.

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I've got to say, this episode was about as predictable as they come (Humans have falling out; Pokemon get them back together; same schtick as always). Though I did like that they turned the tables and actually had Ash being the more mature one. But I do have a question about the episode. It's a minor plot point in the episode (although it's actually a pretty big point overall that I'm asking about).

How the ---- is Charizard sitting out in the rain?

Last edited:

Dreamy

Will have to see the episode and get the dialogue to truly pass judgement, but it sounds like Iris is just being childish. Of course, if she's just defending Axew then it's somewhat understandable.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Perhaps Ash perceived that the Dunsparce could fly high so he wanted to catch it...

'Cuz his flame is so hot that not even rain can tame it.

Also, isn't Pignite out there in the open? My thoughts of Fire-types being scared of any kind of water were demolished now.

Perhaps Ash perceived that the Dunsparce could fly high so he wanted to catch it...

'Cuz his flame is so hot that not even rain can tame it.

Also, isn't Pignite out there in the open? My thoughts of Fire-types being scared of any kind of water were demolished now.

They're not scared. They just don't like it. It's like walking in 45 degress temperature for us.

diakyu

He had a leaf over his flame.

Anyways, if I'm correct the first thing Scraggy did when ash let him out was to ask where Axew was. Nice to see they still have that brother relationship going on between the two.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This episode was so predictable; pretty much everything that I thought would happen, did happen. I knew that Dunsparce wouldn't play a large role, although I'm surprised that it could fly; if it could do that, why did it bother bouncing around on land? And I was right about Ash starting the fight since he was the one who challenged Dunsparce and it was Dunsparce's Screech attack or whatever that caused Ash to smash Iris's flowers. Had he controlled himself, none of this would have happened imo. I'm glad Iris took the high road and left the group for a while. I mean in the end she was obviously the most valuable member since she saved both Ash and Cilan, neither of which bothered to help themselves for some reason. Anyway, this was a mild episode and I won't even bother rating it.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Why was Charizard sitting out in the rain? I remember it was in the water back in Charizific Valley but he was keeping the flame on his tail out of the water.

Pignite was protecting his flame with the leaf, what made less sense rain wise was Oshawott not helping Pignite(since he is a water type) but I guess he is small to hold those two big leaves(a Dewott wouldn't have a problem with this trololololo)

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
This was a pretty good episode, didn't expect to see it told from Dento's perspective. He was really likable this episode and I feel like his moments of insight added some more to it. Human interaction episodes are a dime a dozen so it's nice to see them more often, especially not mainly centralized around Pokemon but people. What I mainly liked about this episode was seeing the ten-year-olds actually act like ten-year-olds. I feel like we don't get those small moments of realism from them as much as we should. It was quite dialogue-heavy in some areas as well so that's part of the main enjoyment of it all too. Kibago was even more adorable in this episode than he usually is, picking flowers for Iris like some young child would do so for their mother, his saddened state while him and Iris are alone and even when he saved Zuruggu and Pikachu from Team Rocket. I never took Nokocchi as being one to fly, the wings are so minuscule.

As for the fallout scenes, I thought they were all well done. The yelling at Kibago for running into Pikachu while startled by Screech and the aftermath of it all. It truly did impact Iris and we saw her in a moment of weakness get upset and isolate herself from the boys. Her Kibago is essentially a chink in her armor or her Achilles heel so it's like a direct attack against her ego to blame him. Satoshi trying to make amends via apples was actually a sweet scene, the backfiring of it and it being the straw that broke the camel's back when he started laughing at her because she got a bad apple was great. Satoshi simply laughing at her misfortune is refreshing, we don't get enough scenes of him acting like an actual kid. The boys taking a bite from her apple after she walked off was amusing, indirect kiss between the BW trio?

Satoshi's Pokemon were amazing here as well, they've all bonded and had their moments with Iris and her Pokemon so you can naturally feel their disheartening feelings with her being gone even for a little while. Waiting out in the rain and refusing to go back into their balls was a very noble scene, I also like how Chaobu was letting himself get wet while keeping the others dry. I've been wanting to see Zuruggu for a while so it was nice to see him get some focus in this episode, given his connection to Kibago as a brother-like figure. Tsutarja was her usual cool and calm self this episode waking Satoshi up like that and encouraging him to find and apologize to Iris, along with all the other Pokemon joining in was easily my favorite scene of the episode. It's all even a nice callback to the fact Iris was friendless in her early youth at Soryuu Academy.

Satoshi and Iris's reflections on their actions was a nice way of reinstating how much the two have become friends since they've started traveling together. Satoshi accidentally setting a place for their absent third member and how use he is to her. Best scene for him was easily climbing the tree and choosing to sleep there for the night, emulating Iris's way of sleeping and feeling bad about their parting. Even the flashbacks to all their moments like vine-swinging or the Tachiwaki gym battle against Homika were commendable in their own right.

Team Rocket, I wish they weren't in this episode at all to be honest. There's no reason for their small moment of conflict in a human/human interaction episode like this, it wasn't even centered around Tag Battling like the last two fight episodes. I felt like the resolution was way too quick with Kibago and Pikachu sending TR sky-high and should have been done better, shame more couldn't be done. At least TR's motto is cool, but it was just more of their usual minimalist, predictable actions. Seeing Iris put aside her feelings and save the boys like that was an admirable scene.

The final scene with them exchanging flowers and apples and forgiving each other, I really liked it, I'm not a NegaiShipper but I really liked that moment and this whole episode. I never thought I would see the day where Satoshi would give a girl a flower. The two definitely have the most rivalry dynamic of all the Satoshi/Pokegirl friendships. They've been portrayed as being equals for the most part most of the series, whether it be a tournament, vine-swinging or even their Pokemon(Kairyu/Lizardon, Kibago/Zuruggu, Tsutarja/Emonga, Pikachu/Doryuzu), their friendship is pretty enjoyable. I noticed a severe lack of background music in this episode, it keeps the tension on-point better by not having it so I can see why was excluded. Think I only remember four or five tracks, I'm sure the dub will *fix* that unfortunately.

All in all a good episode, Da! has pulled out two very good episodes in a row. Let's go for a third with the Jirachi episode next week. TR were as tiring as usual, but I'm getting better at ignoring them.

Only thing I really want now is an Iris/Dento interaction episode.

EDIT:Iris blushed at Satoshi's first peace offering, wow didn't notice that at first.

tumblr_moplcmlvJB1qidshgo1_500_zps8f2a7518.jpg

Last edited:

Graham Aker

Not a bad episode, if I had been more on board with the Ash/Iris dynamic I might have enjoyed this episode a bit more. I've always thought their dynamic was a bit meh. Still, it was fun to see Ash actually piss Iris off for a change.

Last edited:

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Great. Another episode of nothing of any semblance or importance happening. Everything about this episode could be seen from a mile away.

Seriously. Did the writers just sit down and say "Hey, let's make an arc where literally nothing important happens"?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Great. Another episode of nothing of any semblance or importance happening. Everything about this episode could be seen from a mile away.

Seriously. Did the writers just sit down and say "Hey, let's make an arc where literally nothing important happens"?

That kind of is the definition of filler, which this while saga is.

RVD_fan

I've haven't been as upset about DA so far as I thought I would, but the last few episodes save the Butterfree and Rotom ones have been really lackluster. Of all the episodes where Ash and the main girl get into a fight, this is probably the worst one. It was just fueled by a bunch of stupid slip-ups, there was no character-driven motivation for the two to come into conflict and it just made the whole thing seem pointless.

And way to only bring along Scraggy because it was convenient to the plot...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Yeah, this episode was kind of predictable, which makes me wonder why some people actually believed that the Dunsparce would be caught. Something that also bothered me about this episode is how Ash's Pokemon acted. They seemed to care way too much about Iris, which was strange since I never got the feeling that they cared whether she was with Ash or not. I mean Scraggy's reaction was in-character since he likes Axew, but what's with Snivy and Oshawott and Pignite pushing Ash to go find Iris? Seemed a bit forced imo.

idawnhikari

No Need to Worry!
All I have to say is...Negaishippers are going to be ALL OVER THIS EPISODE. I enjoyed it, good to have drama within the group it makes things so much more iinteresting
than the usual happy go lucky attitude they always seem to have with each other.

Yeah, this episode was kind of predictable, which makes me wonder why some people actually believed that the Dunsparce would be caught. Something that also bothered me about this episode is how Ash's Pokemon acted. They seemed to care way too much about Iris, which was strange since I never got the feeling that they cared whether she was with Ash or not. I mean Scraggy's reaction was in-character since he likes Axew, but what's with Snivy and Oshawott and Pignite pushing Ash to go find Iris? Seemed a bit forced imo.

I believe Dento(Cilan) had something to do with Ash's pokemon forcing him to apologize to Iris. Remember he whispered something to them when he was making
lunch, so I think he had a plan for them to follow and they acted accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Janovy

Banned
First off all, what Pokémon isn't predictable? Second, of course they are going to care - I mean she travelled with them for so much, of course they're friends, there's nothing forced about it. Ugh, this fandom sometimes ... Also, if you're going to ask - Snivy, Oshawott and Pignite (Tepig) all had some moments where they bonded with Iris but I guess it's only natural you don't know since you don't actually watch this show.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Not a bad episode, if I had been more on board with the Ash/Iris dynamic I might have enjoyed this episode a bit more. I've always thought their dynamic was a bit meh. Still, it was fun to see Ash actually piss Iris off for a change.
And Ash wasn't even trying to do it intentionally... of coarse he apparently had to apologize for just about everything. None of it would have happened though if Axew was sticking next to Iris. Or more importantly, she really shouldn't have gotten pissed over flowers being destroyed since she could have easily gotten some more.

Janovy

Banned
And Ash wasn't even trying to do it intentionally... of coarse he apparently had to apologize for just about everything. None of it would have happened though if Axew was sticking next to Iris. Or more importantly, she really shouldn't have gotten pissed over flowers being destroyed since she could have easily gotten some more.
Or you know, Ash shouldn't have gone all berserk on her and Axew when it was really all Dunsparce's fault. That was really awful from his side.

It's funny how people try to make Iris look like a ***** in this episode when he's just as equally at fault.