• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Path That Leads to Goodbye! (792)

XXD17

Draco rex
See...why can't they be more like this one?! This episode was great! Although the ending was cliched and nothing really happened here (although I'm sure the shippers will disagree)...it was nice seeing that they didn't end up beating a dead plot and actually came up with some drama to spice up the group as a filler rather than pull some random event out of no where, feature some random pokemon we've seen before and play out a shallow story...it was nice...we've had very little character interaction lately, just dry follow-the-overused plot....it was nice seeing the main focus on our character and the pokemon as the support for once...and the pokemo did a great job being supporting roles...this was nicely handled..

Last edited:

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I'm probably sounding kinda stupid now, but, I had no idea Dunsparce could actually fly like that...

Anyways, good episode. For some reason I loved when Charizard put Ash's backpack on him, hehe.

Or you know, Ash shouldn't have gone all berserk on her and Axew when it was really all Dunsparce's fault. That was really awful from his side.

It's funny how people try to make Iris look like a ***** in this episode when he's just as equally at fault.

I don't think anyone is saying Iris is a *****. They are just saying the flower reason isn't justifiable at all.

But, guys Iris didn't outright yell at Ash when he stepped on the flower. She was just sentimental about but she tried to ignore it. Ash yelled at Axew and Iris at the same moment. The combination of Ash yelling and the flower getting crushed hurt her. Even then, she didn't get fully mad. She became silent and walked away. She got completely mad when Ash and Cilan laughed at her. She thought Ash was being childish by giving her a sour apple.

IF you actually understand the dialogue, Iris will be talking to Kibago about Ash.

"Ash is really a kid. He's so childish that he can't even tell the difference between a ripe and unripe fruit-" She will stop thinking at the moment. She realizes Ash didn't do that on purpose. But you don't expect her to walk back and apologize to Ash, will you? Not when Ash was at fault too. Ash was the one who pissed and hurt Iris unintentionally or intentionally. Even if he wasn't at fault completely, as the one who hurt her first, he HAD to apologize first. Had Iris been an arrogant *****, she would just scoff at him and walk away. She wasn't. She admitted she was at fault too and misunderstood him.

Doryuzu;16088468 [B said:
All in all a good episode, Da! has pulled out two very good episodes in a row. Let's go for a third with the Jirachi episode next week. TR were as tiring as usual, but I'm getting better at ignoring them. [/B]

Only thing I really want now is an Iris/Dento interaction episode.

EDIT:Iris blushed at Satoshi's first peace offering, wow didn't notice that at first.

tumblr_moplcmlvJB1qidshgo1_500_zps8f2a7518.jpg

Contrary to most's beliefs, the episodes of Da! are decent or good. Please note the word filler. I mean the Zoroark episode and Pirate episodes were meh, but the Cilan episode was okay and right now the Butterfree and this episode were pretty good.

It's pathetic how this thread is filled Dunsparce discussion. People create their own hype and then drown in their own disappointment. This happened even for the Butterfree episodes. It's about time these guys(referring to those few who wanted a Dunsparce) understand what to expect and what not to expect from an episode.

I hope the Jirachi episode is pretty good too.

And yay Iris blushed, the first ever hint on BW? Seriously they should make more shipping moments.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
To be honest, I wished Ash would get somehow Dunsparce but I'm not going to complain about it - it's not like there were some big chances of it happening anyway.

BlueSmudge

I found this episode to be really adorable. I love how Ash's Pokemon gave him that push to make amends with Iris and it was really cute to see Scraggy wondering where Axew is. That peace offering at the end was such a sweet scene, I love it so much. It was interesting to see this episode from Cilan's perspective too. I've grown even fonder of Ash, Iris and Cilan now. This episode is definitely one of my favourites. Although that Dunsparce flying away did confuse me a bit.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
People create their own hype and then drown in their own disappointment. This happened even for the Butterfree episodes. It's about time these guys(referring to those few who wanted a Dunsparce) understand what to expect and what not to expect from an episode.

Ding-ding-ding-ding, we have a winner here. People shouldn't expect such things because the chances of them happening are low, I've learned by this point most moves that are learned happen randomly. A lot of random captures happen randomly, like Gamagaru/Maggyo being captured. It's their own faults for getting their hopes so high like young children when this episode wasn't even centralized around Nokocchi, I'm positive Nokocchi only got used because they needed a Dare Da! Pokemon. Aipom's capture happened in an episodes where Aipom actually played a role and it made more sense, I could see this Nokocchi being Fukamaru-ish in essence where one appears and he captures another later or this one reappears. But for this episode Nokocchi was a mere catalyst for the conflict and nothing more.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/792/DP56.jpg

Errooor: No flower on Iris but then she has it on again a few seconds later.

Anyway it was a decent episode personally. Finally Dunparce got to get some spotlight after a long time of no appearance. While I found it predictable it was nice that the episode focused more on the main cast rather than the Pokémon. I give it a 7/10 and yay potential Dunsparce avatars!

Graham Aker

But for this episode Nokocchi was a mere catalyst for the conflict and nothing more.

Personally, I don't really want to see another Pokemon following Ash into the next region. I don't even like Dunsparce, and I doubt it get used much anyway next region. :p

Janovy

Banned
Pretty much the only reason people wanted Ash to get Dunsparce is because it would mean its evolution in Kalos.

Without it, no one wants Dunsparce to join Ash - it's the evolution they want.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
And Ash wasn't even trying to do it intentionally... of coarse he apparently had to apologize for just about everything. None of it would have happened though if Axew was sticking next to Iris. Or more importantly, she really shouldn't have gotten pissed over flowers being destroyed since she could have easily gotten some more.

Axew wasn't at fault imo. Ash was the one who challenged Dunsparce, which started the mayhem. Had he left the Dunsparce alone, the chaos would have never ensued but Ash just had to catch it for some reason, so he's to blame for everything imo. I will only agree about Iris's overreaction to the flower thing, but since they were flowers that Axew gave her, it's understandable that she would be upset. But again, it was an overreaction and it made her stubborn imo.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
I have yet to watch this eisode but I think that for me the kid really is Iris. At least for me.

Ash could be overreacting by a Dunsparce but Iris fights with Ash because Ash brokes the flowers that Axew gave to Iris.

In this episode, the "kodomo ne" should go to Iris and not to Ash.

For Dunsparce, I hoped that Ash will catch it because Ash hasn't catched a pokemon for years and hat poemon could be a interesting choice for Ash's team in XY.

Note: I have forgotten the Axew detail.

Last edited:

gohan5

Irisboy
I have yet to watch this eisode but I think that for me the kid really is Iris. At least for me.

Ash could be overreacting by a Dunsparce but Iris fights with Ash because Ash brokes the flowers that Axew gave to Iris.

In this episode, the "kodomo ne" should go to Iris and not to Ash.

For Dunsparce, I hoped that Ash will catch it because Ash hasn't catched a pokemon for years and hat poemon could be a interesting choice for Ash's team in XY.

No that's not true, she was sad about the flowers but what ultimately upset her was that Ash was blaming Axew for everything. It makes him look even more silly when he realizes he just did the same thing to her as Axew by crushing her flowers. Besides, that would have blown over as Iris only needed some time to cool down.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
This episode was mishandled quite badly. I think we all knew Iris wouldn't leave, but there could have been some tension. The whole argument was over something quite pointless, and I dare say, childish. I guess I could say I don't like Iris by this point in the saga. That's not a good thing.

At least Scraggy appeared.

dman_dustin

Axew wasn't at fault imo. Ash was the one who challenged Dunsparce, which started the mayhem. Had he left the Dunsparce alone, the chaos would have never ensued but Ash just had to catch it for some reason, so he's to blame for everything imo. I will only agree about Iris's overreaction to the flower thing, but since they were flowers that Axew gave her, it's understandable that she would be upset. But again, it was an overreaction and it made her stubborn imo.

While Axew technically can't be faulted because it was Dunsparce's screech.

But why are you blaming Ash?

Look at what actually happened.

Ash wants to catch a Pokemon.

Somehow screech somehow is powerful enough to cause Ash to fall backwards on top of Iris's flower, when he was 5 feet in front (would not have happened if Iris, Cilan, and Axew weren't conveniently right behind Ash).

Then I suppose Iris is worried about Ash, so she's on her knees, Ash asks Pikachu to use thunderbolt, Axew is still somehow struggling with the screech attack, and was somehow conveniently in path to Pikachu smacking into it, causing a lot of mess to happen, which causes the whole situation to happen.

When a trainer wants to catch a Pokemon, I think the rule is you get the flying **** out of the way.

If Iris, Cilan, and Axew weren't DIRECTLY behind Ash, then this wouldn't have happened. If it was me I would be at an angle where nothing couldn't conveniently have smashed into me.

I blame the writers for this, or rather the writer, for making this whole argument about the convenience of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I can see Ash's frustration and why he yelled at Axew and Iris, they were in the way, when they shouldn't have. It's like kicking a ball at a goal, when suddenly a person runs in front of it (from behind a corner) chasing a cat and gets whammed in the head. Who is at fault?

The ball kicker or the cat chaser? Can't be the ball kicker because the coast was clear the moment he kicked the ball, guess it must be the cat chaser for not paying attention.

Not the best analogy in this instance but there is an underlying point. None of this would've happened if Iris and Axew weren't conveniently placed in a location where any of this would have happened.

See the thing is, judging by the pictures (for convenience sakes), Axew was on Iris's shoulders when they were hit by screech.

Which means something "forced" (the writers) for Axew to jump off or whatever, however we've seen many times of Axew retreating into Iris's hair. So why did it conveniently jump off Iris, to still be affected causing it conveniently stumble backwards and hit Pikachu.

If Iris and Ash had to get in a fight, I'm pretty sure something that wasn't filled with convenience would've made a better story.

Not this waste of space which all this would've never happened with the whole ridiculous placement of everyone. Hell Axew shouldn't even had ran into Pikachu in the first place due to the placement. Pikachu was in front of Ash when screech went off. Ash stumbled backwards, which put him at even greater distance away from Pikachu, Axew was barely six inches in front Ash if even that. Judging by the angle of it's body of it stumbling backwards, it could NOT have hit Pikachu, unless Pikachu had stumbled backwards as well.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
This episode was mishandled quite badly. I think we all knew Iris wouldn't leave, but there could have been some tension. The whole argument was over something quite pointless, and I dare say, childish. I guess I could say I don't like Iris by this point in the saga. That's not a good thing.

At least Scraggy appeared.

Yes it was childish they are children, Iris kodomo ne thing is a play on Iris herself being pretty chldish again they are 10, they are children...if you guys want to keep watching the anime, you have to accept the fact that you are seeing 10y reactions, not late teens or adults, freaking teens throw fits worse than them nowadays even.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Yeah I don't know what people expected, lol. IMO, this episode was handled better than May/Dawn fight episodes for many reasons:

- No random tag battle.
- Cilan actually had a role.
- Ash's Pokémon played a role.
- Great BW TRio chemistry.

Despite the fact both of them acted like kids (not sure if you guys remember they ARE just children) and overreacted on some things, it was a sweet episode.

Rohanator

This episode was so predictable; pretty much everything that I thought would happen, did happen. I knew that Dunsparce wouldn't play a large role, although I'm surprised that it could fly; if it could do that, why did it bother bouncing around on land? And I was right about Ash starting the fight since he was the one who challenged Dunsparce and it was Dunsparce's Screech attack or whatever that caused Ash to smash Iris's flowers. Had he controlled himself, none of this would have happened imo. I'm glad Iris took the high road and left the group for a while. I mean in the end she was obviously the most valuable member since she saved both Ash and Cilan, neither of which bothered to help themselves for some reason. Anyway, this was a mild episode and I won't even bother rating it.
Are you kidding me? She was the "most valuable member" only because she happened to not be under that net. Had Ash or Cilan been the ones free they would've been just as capable of saving their friends. (it's silly that they couldn't throw balls from under the net anyway but that's besides the point)