• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Peak of the Dunes

Xenevix

Some Guy
Hello my fellow Serebiians! I, Xevevix, have here an OU sandstorm team. At first glance you may discredit me for unoriginality. Bite me, just kidding I don’t want rabies. I agree much of what you see is standard but give it a shot.

248.gif
579.gif
472.gif
423.gif
639.gif
212.gif

I enjoy playing a bulky offensive strategy, this entails a lot of mixed EV sets and the ability to power through walls while countering stallers. Obviously sandstorm is there for residual damage and sheer awesome all-the-while giving my rock types a special defense boost. To be completely honest my team doesn't care much for hazards so I really don't need a spinner, and since they are all so bulky I don't need a wish passer either. I also don't need a Heal Beller as 1/3 of the team doesn't care for status. Also note that nobody on my team is harmed by sandstorm. If I had to highlight one thing about my team it would have to be how well it functions without sandstorm.

The Quick Overview:

248.gif

Sandstorm and Stealth Rock

579.gif

Late Game Trick Room Sweeper

472.gif

Physical Wall, Staller/Annoyer, and Fighting Resist

423.gif

Water Absorber and Electric Resist

639.gif

Scarfed Physical Attacker and Revenge Killer

212.gif

Revenge Killer, Choice Banded Awesomeness, and My Favorite Pokemon Since it was Released

A More Detailed View:

248.gif

Reptar (Tyranitar) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Sassy (-Speed, +Special Defense)
EVs: +252 HP +192 Special Defense +64 Special Attack
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Crunch

This Tyranitar was custom made to deal with the awkward switch-ins. Besides setting sand and rocks, he takes out all of his usual walls: Gliscor, Landorus, Ferrothorn, etc. Tyranitar packs a surprising punch with his special moves, although Fire Blast does barely miss out on the OHKO on special defense Ferrothorn. He can one shot Scizor and Latios, what else do you need? He does not get much field time though as he kinda needs to stick around for the sand. Moving on to Tyranitar’s bulk, even LO Timid Starmie can’t two hit KO with Surf. Specs Latios loses out on the two hit KO with Surf by a lot. A specially defensive monster, Tyranitar sucks up Draco Meteors no problem; just with no recovery it can only take so many. But what does it matter when taking 25% then dealing out a KO?

579.gif

Gummy Bear (Reuniclus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Quiet (-Speed +Special Attack)
EVs: +252 Special Attack +192 HP +64 Defense
IVs: 31/30/31/30/31/0
- Trick Room
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Previously being a Calm Mind variant, Reuniclus packs an insane amount of power. And with almost perfect neutral coverage, he puts holes in every pokemon that faces it. Psychic over Psyshock to counter Bulk Up variant fighting types. Although it does lose the fight against Latias without Psyshock if I don’t have a counter for Latias left I’ve basically lost the game anyway, even if Reuniclus had Psyshock. Hidden Power [Fire] destroys Ferrothorn safely and easily removes Scizor; Scizor being the go-to for most people to counter Reuniclus. Not seeing much early game time, Reuniclus usually scares my opponents throughout the match; a huge reserve threat just chilling in the tank. He also combos well with Tyranitar and Gastrodon, as both are quite slow.

472.gif

DongPinch (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Impish (-Special Attack +Defense)
EVs: +252 HP +184 Defense +72 Speed
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Protect

This thing is kind of ridiculous, taking no prisoners and having no mercy. If he gets the Toxic off behind a Substitute, he wins. No matter what Pokemon the opponent is. My only staller, he does is job immensely well. He is also my true counter to standard Jirachi as he can’t be paralyzed and can take Iron Heads all day while countering with Earthquake. He is also an initial switch-in to Breloom as while poisoned he can’t fall asleep; although Breloom really has no issue smashing through its subs after a Swords Dance.

423.gif

SquEEshy (Gastrodon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Nature: Calm (-Attack +Special Defense)
EVs: +252 HP +194 Special Defense +64 Special Attack
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Almost solely here to suck up special attacks Tyranitar can’t and power up on water attacks. After +1 special attack Gastrodon becomes quite the tank, dealing out heavy blows that are stronger than Starmie while taking hits like Tyranitar can. Now the real deal here is the Recover, elongating Gastrodon’s life forever and keeping it alive is essential as it is my only true water sponge. Tyranitar can only take so many hits.

639.gif

Terry (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Nature: Jolly (-Special Attack +Speed)
EVs: +252 Attack +252 Speed +4 HP
- Stone Edge
- Close combat
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

Terrakion speaks for himself. Everyone knows what he does, and everyone knows how he does it. Not much to say at all in terms of uniqueness whatsoever. He gets destroyed by Wobbuffet, but can easily take down anything that is any kind of frail. He also really appreciates the sandstorm special defense boost, occasionally surviving a Surf or Psychic here and there. I could ramble here but who wants to hear me talk ay?

212.gif

Tijera (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant (-Special Attack +Attack)
EVs: +196 HP +252 Attack +60 Speed
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Brick Break

Scizor has been my favorite Pokemon since generation two was released. Although back then he didn’t really get any good tools his design just made me feel awesome. Now Scizor tops the usage chart, being used on almost 25% of all OU teams. Due to Technician, Bullet Punch, and a high attack stat we all know that he is probably the best revenge killer in the game. And with Choice Band his prowess, his awesomeness is indefinitely extended. OHKOing other revenge killers such as Terrakion and Mamoswine, and keeping momentum with a powerful U-Turn Scizor is the glue to this slow team. I chose Brick Break over Superpower because I have issues getting past screening teams and it does not lower attack and defense. This way I can spam a fighting move if I really have to.​

I appreciate you taking your time to read my RMT. I thank any and all for constructive criticism and I hope you all have a great rest of your day! :)

Last edited:

McDanger

Nice to see a different sand then the cookie cutter teams

Reuniclus wants shadow ball, giving perfect coverage with focus blast

I can see landorus i being a pain because gastrodon is the only solid switch in, tho scizor can force him out, and most of the time he`ll try to set up on either ttar, or choice locked terra, and ttar can KO it with ice beam, and scizor can revenge it. Keldeo can be a pain as well, but reuniclus lives hydro pump outside of rain, but if he goes down, keldeo can be a pain.

Rain can also be a pain if gastrodon goes down, i would suggest considering celebi>gliscor as terrakion can be KOed by scizor, leaving breloom and keldeo the big fighting threats, and sp def celebi helps with rain and landorus i

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Hello Xenevix, very cool Sand team you've got here.

That said, I have but a couple changes that could be made for your team that you may find useful. As mcdanger said, Sp.Defensive Celebi could help with some of the team's threats like Sheer Force Landorus-I, Keldeo & Breloom. I second his suggested switch of Gliscor to Celebi. Not to contradict mcdanger, however, I feel the change would work better over Reuniclus, if it were to be implemented.

;251;
Celebi@Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Calm nature
252 Hp/ 236 Sp.Defense/ 20 Speed
Giga Drain/Psychic, Recover, U-turn/Leech Seed, Perish Song/Thunder Wave

Now on to my suggestions. First, I notice that your Gastodon is running a 3 attack + Recover set and, while this may seem useful at a glance, coverage against opposing Gastrodon and Water types like Rotom-W, Vaporeon and Politoed variants is almost crucial. Therefore, I suggest replacing either Scald or Earth Power(Depending on what you find to be more suitable) with Hidden Power(Grass). I've found from my experience with Hidden Power(Grass) Gastrodon that it is commonly unpredicted, meaning you are more likely to score some decent damage after a +1 in Sp.Attack from Storm Drain ability. It is unique in the sense that not often does one appear, meaning that Politoed and other before mentioned Water types will stay in out of false assurance that Gastrodon can't dent them badly enough for a KO. Just a note, but Ground + Ice is cool coverage, so Scald is moreso considered the weakest link here. Ofcourse, this suggestion means little if you
decide to run Celebi.

;423;
Gastrodon@Lefovers
Trait: Storm Drain
Calm nature
252 Hp/ 64 Sp.Attack/ 194 Sp.Defense
IVs: 31/7/30/30/31/31
Scald/ Earth Power, Ice Beam, Hidden Power(Grass) & Recover

Next is my last suggestion to cover your somewhat glaring Swords Dance Scizor weakness. Swords Dance Scizor would be very much a threat to your team without a Heatran places somewhere on your team, lets say, over Gliscor. This switch is most effective when the Celebi switcn has been implemented. Scizor is completely walled by Heatran and can do little to the Toxic Stall variant. That said, You could also use a phazer, which Heatran can also function as. In addition to this, Heatran serves as a well adapted Sun team counter. Bold Defensive may suffice under these circumstances. Implementing this change also means that you've formed the notorious Water-Fire-Grass core.

;485;
Heatran@Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
Bold nature
248 Hp/ 252 Def/ 8 Speed
Lava Plume, Toxic, Protect & Roar

That's all I can see that could help for now. If any glaring weaknesses become noticeable after the changes, notify me and I'll try and patch them up. I hope this was of some help & best of luck with the team. :)

Last edited:

Xenevix

Some Guy
Thank you both for the rates! :D A point both of you tackled is that something needs to replace Gliscor. The thing is that Gliscor is such a reliable ground and fighting move counter. Nothing on the team besides him can take a Close Combat very well and Celebi, specially defensive that is, would not take it any better. Also Reuniclus is such a help, he takes out faster threats with ease and destroys fighting types that threaten my team.

And @ CedOmega: Heatran sounds so appealing and I tested him out before, he just didn't fit. I'll try him out again over some other things to see where he would fit. The only thing is he even more extenuates my weakness to fighting moves. For a while I considered Landorus-I instead of somethings but he didn't work out very well either. Psychic was nice but he didn't synergize well.

I am currently testing the changes. Thanks for the help guys. Further advice is always welcome! :D

Eaglehawk

Banned
I definitely think that you need a Physical Steel type that can Set up Spikes and tank Dragon attacks (and no Scizor does not tank Dragon attacks). I think Skarm will do.

Also, Sub Kyurem-B legit takes a dump on your team. You have nothing to prevent him from setting up Subs or stop him from harrassing you from behind a Sub, which is where Skarm comes back into play. Skarm can take an Outrage, phaze him out with Whirlwind and forces him to rack up Hazard damage the next time he switches in (1 SR + 1 layer Spikes chips of 31.25% of his health).

I also don't really know whether Reuniclus on this team is necessarily a good idea. In my opinion, I would opt for Magic Guard Alakazam over Reuniclus simply because the amount of offensive pressure it brings to the table. With Focus Sash and a clean switch-in, Alakazam is almost guaranteed to nab a kill before it goes down.