• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pendant It All Started With! (001/002)

mystreon

the elder eevee
I don't know what that full powered op leafage was, don't know if it implied overgrow boost or maybe protein activation? I kinda hope this cat isn't the same as ash's pikachu where it is just "special" and has different stats than normal.
Also the line "a pikachu, really?" Is interesting. It might imply that this is a prequel to ash winning or several years after ash so a pikachu is just overhyped. Hopefully not a throwaway line.

It kinda feels like a special than full term series for the non stop action, I like it and different enough from a pokemon journey we've seen for years, I just wonder if they can keep the whole "running away from evil team" for long with the same serious tone or will it turn into comedy again. "Oh you want my special turtle necklace? Leafage bye bye"
id like it to evolve so i hope its not some special snowflake situation like pikachu

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Could be wrong but I think Sprigatito's powered up Leafage was maybe granted by the pendant. I wouldn't say overgrowth as Sprigatito wasn't exactly injured or anything.

The turtle does have all the types on his back so it could be like a 1 use super move kind of like a z move.

Ryker101

Finally got around to watching these. It’s fairly good. The cast are enjoyable so far and Liko is distinct from Ash. This also seems more story driven which is a plus, hope this series is more streamlined and there’s no boring fillers anymore. The animation is there but tbh I wasn’t super impressed by it. I was kinda hoping the art style would be cleaner too, to me it’s like journeys one. Just something more distinct akin to twilight wings and the like

But still, this series is shaping up to be a good one, just want them to take their time telling their story and not just throw in past characters/storylines early on. Not sure how much I’ll tune in but the anime seems to be in good hands rn

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
Dr's Summary - Horizons Episode 001/002 Review
Rating: 8/10

#The Good
:
- Fantasia-esque opening scene
- Liko is such a refreshing start as a heroine. She does remind me of some of the shyer Pokegirls of the past, but Liko is already very much her own character already.
- Love the lived-in world, e.g., Machop getting the luggage or a freaking Onix moving next to the road. I've always appreciated when in the various Pokemon animated content, they've integrated different Pokemon in commonplace settings, and this is no different here. I appreciated how they've integrated some of the airship Pokemon as part of the team, like Slugma or Corkoal powering up the engines.
- Animation itself isn't perfect, but decent enough. However, the dynamic camerawork is what elevates it.
- Corviknight, can never get enough of this badass bird!
- That airship is straight up Studio Ghibli-esque. It also has a freaking battlefield...that's awesome!
- Fuecoco is going to be a fan-favorite, calling it now.
* Carkoal!
* Captain Pikachu has so much swag!
* "Am I the heroine in some story?" Liko is precious.

#The Bad:
- Very little, thankfully.
- It's a bit silly that the students just go one-by-one and pick a starter by random. I would have appreciated some fit testing.
- I think the pace could have slowed down just a little, to allow for more time to show Liko integrating into this Pokemon school. Maybe the school will never be a focus in this anime, in which case, I understand why that aspect was skimmed over.
- Maybe Sprigatito is a tad bit too powerful right off the bat?

#Thoughts:
- Man, it is weird to not see Ash showing up...
- Who are Liko's parents about to be the great mystery!

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
It's a bit silly that the students just go one-by-one and pick a starter by random. I would have appreciated some fit testing.
If Im not wrong the starters are chosen for the students by the teachers based on a personality Q/A they had for the students
Liko's and her friend's starters were chosen by their homeroom teacher for them based on their personalities

DuskAstral

If Im not wrong the starters are chosen for the students by the teachers based on a personality Q/A they had for the students
Liko's and her friend's starters were chosen by their homeroom teacher for them based on their personalities
True, but in the episode it actually looked like random picking.
It would be better if the pokeballs were simply marked with the names of the students.

Thesnowmander11

1237.jpg

The Pendant It All Started With!​

Liko has recently moved to the Kanto region from Paldea and has enrolled in the Indigo Academy, one of the more prestigious boarding schools in the region. While there, she gets her first Pokémon, a Sprigatito. However, Sprigatito doesn't pay attention to her and they struggle to bond. However, a group soon appears and has their eyes on a special pendant that Liko received from her grandmother...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
woww

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Was a pretty good first two episodes, I love how they gave Murdock a southern accent, it matches with the whole chef vibe lol. The voices seem to all be pretty good, although Friede sounds different then I thought he would.

Starswirl Pikachu

After a long while, a new Pokemon adventure begins! Its new but is it good? (thinks the skeptical viewer) I think for a clean start this series can go through a couple of episodes before any serious judgement decisions.

I will say though that it feels weird for the story to start at school. Not that its bad just that back in the day everyone mostly just grabbed a pokemon from a professor and went into the wild. Speaking of which, by episode 2 Ash had already made it to Viridian city. I wonder what kind of pacing this will have once it gets going? And no new Poke rap? I am disappoint.

(final judgement reserved for later)

In part 1 it felt like she was channeling Goh for a moment. The moon is in the palm of her hand, just what kind of heroine is Liko going to be?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Started watching this series proper after catching up to several Netflix series.

Watching this felt like a huge breath of fresh air (or, maybe, a very held out fart that finally came out) because Liko is so relatable.

You can tell the voice acting is more important...because Lisa Ortiz finally decided not to use that horribly nasal voice of hers for a girl she voices (yes, she has no barriers to use a voice like that for adults either).

Liko: Sprigatito, don't get on the roof!

*later, it turns out the school has built steps for Pokemon to get on the roof anyway...and right outside Liko's room*

Guess it's encouraged for Pokemon to be on the roof.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Watched the rest of episode 2.

Liko: Am I the main character of this story?!

Sweetie, just because you're a target, it doesn't mean you have all the perks right away! but yeah you have realized your purpose

The Explorers are breaking through the see-through barrier! ...Oh, I guess it's physical somehow too.

It's pretty clear that the Explorers weren't even trying to harm innocent people. Things just...happened to make it look like their attacks accidentally were after others.

also i think liko tried to kill amethio with leaves because the attack was aimed at him

Anyhow, this is a strong start to this series.

Trey pokes

Let's just see how the next 2 episodes coming out soon compare. Cuz this was still a peak way of starting a new arc in Pokémon.