• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

the perfect horror flick

-Dragon-

Furret rocks
Anything that involves a nice bloodthirsty werewolf. But it needs to have a somewhat decent transformation scene *coughAnAmericanWerewolfInLondoncough*, and the wereolf needs to look like a wolf, not some stupid half-naked man/wolf thing.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Hitchcock films, Psycho still kinds of freaks me out and The Birds

Anyway classic smart horror films are Hitchcock's

FEEPtheFlareon

Crazy but not insane
The only horror movies taht ever scared me were the Freddie movies, and that was only b/c I was a kid. Now, I watch horror movies to see if anything can scare me, but nothing can.

NINJA PENGUIN

good horror movie just needs one thing. SPIDERS! i hate them, arachnapohia, 8 legged freaks *shudders*

But seriously Good horror movies are ones that have a dark atmosphere, and its setting in today socity, so you imagine it happening to you.

Vantage

I ain't witty, so no
Oh God, I love that movie.

"I'll bet my badge that we haven't seen the last of those weirdies".

"But one thing's sure. Inspector Clay is dead, murdered, and somebody's responsible".

Brick 777

I'm back on serebii
The mist & The fog

Both of them where crepy but The mist came from The fog so it was almost the plot.

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
I am ashamed to say that I get scared when I watch The Ring on my own. DO NOT drop Japanese kids down wells.

Suspense and fear is better than a knife in the neck as most people have said. Suspense films draw you in whereas most hack and slashers keep you at arms length, meaning that if you're not already in a horror mood you just find the stuff ridiculous.

As for the best, Rec is definitely the best horror I've seen in a long time, and possibly ever. The camera work scares the greb outta me.

Shadow chaser

Holla Front!
I love horrors like Saw where there's suffering and you ACTUALLY SEE the pain and not just "jump to the next scene!" (Except for Saw5 though, that was horrible...)

Also a horror at a amusement park won't be bad.

Penguinist Trainer

I'm a fan of a lot of horror movies, but the ones the disturb me the most are the ones that involved psychos in masks.

For example, Halloween, there is no emotion, there is no face. If you somehow survived an encounter with him, you would always be looking over your back wondering could that be the killer, what about that person?

Compare that to another movie I saw recently called The Strangers. The trio of masked strangers were quite successful in terrorizing the couple. But then as the trio has the couple at their mercy, they remove their masks. Yes their faces will be burned into the couples memories for the rest of their lives, but it removes the blind terror they would have lived with every day if they kept the mask on.

After all, which impression is left on us more, that Hockey Mask which hides the face of a ruthless killer, or the fact that underneath that mask Jason is nothing more than Sloth from the Goonies.