• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Perfect Match (219)

Very good battle, but Ash was not going to win, Misty was too determined, too bad she lost after that..

Battra

Very good episode, loved seeing Ash & Misty battle again though i'm abit disappointed the writers went with Psyduck being it's uber self after it gets a headache to win, you'd think Ash would've remembered it and thought of a way to avoid it like he did in "Who gets to keep Togepi.". I love Trinity she's one of my favorite "character of the day/week" i'd love to see her again in the series, especially since the animators modeled her after Misty right down to the same hairstyle, which makes me wonder if they were possibly trying to hint at what Misty might be like older and wiser, seeing as Trinity has a Gyarados which Misty gets later in the series and Trinity also has a Golduck which is the evoled form of Psyduck which Misty also has. Lastly I love Misty's victory dance when ever see wins it really gives her personality.

pokemon fan 132

This is one of my favorite Johto episodes.The whole match between Ash and Misty was great and battle was full of unexpected twists.I really didnt expected that psyduck will pop out of the ball,and im surprised that Ash didnt remembered what happens when he gets headache.However im glad that Misty won,afterall she deserved it and her poliwhirl was impressive managing to beat totodile and he put a good fight against Ashs kingler.

Sadsly Misty lost right after that from Trinity but you can tell that she gaved the best from herself to try to win that match.I was quite impressed when her corsola defeated gyarados.Oh well that is how it goes in life,sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.You cant always win.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Dang, the dub title is heavily implying PokéShipping; The Perfect Match. Cuz they're battling each other. hur hur.

I was actually a bit amazed to see Misty win... then again, it's been a while since they battled ("Who Gets To Keep Togepi" was the last time I remember... and even then it was weird.) Bravo, Misty! ^_^

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
ah this is one of my favorite episodes:3
totodile is allways so funny in battle i think, playful yet capable of dealing a big blow to the oponent.

Two words describe this for me: Rush Job. The Ash vs. Misty battle was by no means epic, and the following round was even worse.
Not the best episode then, imo.

Champion Jared 14

IT was about time that Misty beat Ash. Trinity was so cheap in this episode, she was being all extra cocky. Saying that after she lost gyarados, it was only a minor setback?!!? Lol, I wish Misty won but that's the way love goes I guess...

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I thought it was a great battle between Ash and Misty. I was very confident from the start that Misty would win that battle, seeing that she has a ton of more experience with water Pokemon. I was, however, surprised to see Ash's ignorance in forgetting about Psyduck's headache. I was glad that Misty won, but was sad to see her be defeated by Trinity. Trinity was a great trainer, but I thought Misty would have a little more skill with water Pokemon, being that she is a former gym leader. However, I really like Misty's Corsola. I think it is a extremely strong Pokemon, and am glad she caught it.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I loved the battle between Ash and Misty.

Too bad that Ash lost, but Kingler was great.

8/10

I really like this episode. I'm extremely glad that Ash lost and Misty won since I'm a huge Misty fan. But I was disappointed when Misty lost to Trinity. But I still love Misty confidence and I love how she was featured longer!! :) 10/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
My favorite Whirl Cup episode by far since Misty and Ash have to fight against each other! Ash's Totodile was no match for Misty's Poliwhirl, which I found ironic since Ash once fought Misty for ownership of Totodile. It seemed Totodile got no love in Johto. I love how Ash's next Pokemon, Kingler, caused whirlpools to appear in the stadium, just like the ones outside of the stadium. Misty won using her Psyduck, which was an odd little change seeing as it hardly ever appeared. Loved that in the next match, she really did meet her match. Her rival pushed her around like it was nothing. I liked Team Rocket's attempt at stealing the staff though it ended the same as their other attempts. In the end, some random guy won the Mystic Water, which made this almost pointless. Still pretty good, 7/10

saar

Shiny Flygon
Another good battle with Misty and Ash.
Misty had a luck with her Psyduck. But her pokemon were better and she won fair and squar.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was very cool. Too bad Ash lost to Misty. The way Kingler beat Poliwhirl was very cool to see. It was a bit funny when Kingler hit Ash, ouch! Too bad Misty didn't win the rest of the competition, and especially losing to a Chinchou as well.

70/100

TheEpicGoomba

This was a great episode. Unfortuantly Ash lost but I'm glad he did and i'm dissapointed that Misty didn't win the tournament.

8/10