• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Perfect Match (219)

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Had TR been intelligent, they would've made the threat on the staff and then when security was concentrated in that one area, stolen all the trainers' unguarded Pokemon.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
psyduck... you're awesome XD

7threst

Great episode. I loved how the battle between Misty and Ash started out pretty strong, but it ended sooooo predictable with Psyduck using confusion. The battle with Trinity was a lot better - seeing it could have gone either way, but Trinity was obviously better. She had really strong Water Pokémon. Also, If I'm correct, this is the last battle with Kingler ;(

Blessed

A very good episode, I thought it was a great battle between Ash and Misty. I was glad that Misty won, but was sad to see her be defeated by Trinity. Shame that she lost right after beating Misty too. I noticed that Trinity has a Gyarados which Misty gets later in the series and also a Golduck which is the evolved form of Psyduck which Misty also has.

Ash vs Misty is perfect. Now she finally got to win against him. This is their fourth battle against each other and he's one two of them so far. (The Gym match was interrupted) It's good Psyduck came out by mistake, it's just what Misty needed. But, I would have been terrified if a Kingler was swimming to me with that kind of speed. I do wish Misty had lost to Trinity in the semi finals. I mean, it would show how good she is. If only her team was a little more better.

p96822

Evolve me please
I think Misty and Ash battle was bull. And people say that Best Wishes has bad battles

Last edited:

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
#27: The Perfect Match

This episode begins with Ash and Misty battling in a 2on2 battle in the Whirl Cup. The battle starts off with Totodile vs Poliwhirl, with Poliwhirl winning. Ash then sends out Kingler, which beats Poliwhirl. Misty then tries to call Corsola, but then guess who comes out...Psyduck. May I ask why she didn't get Brock to holdits ball or something? No? Okay then.

I have a question for you: What's the worst thing Ash could do to Psyduck to give it an advantage?

To hand Misty the win and move her plot along, Ash gets Kingler to use Crabhammer on its head (what an idiot...), causing it to get a headache.

Ash: Now, Kingler, let go!
Misty: No, Psyduck, use Confusion!

Predictably, Psyduck manages to use its attack on time, one-shooting Kingler and kicking Ash out of the tournament. If they had at least had her won more believably (and less predictably, too), and/or this wasn't a battle that served to further Misty's goal to be a Water Master, I would have no problem, but unfortunately, that's not the case.

We then get a brief scene of TR trying to get the staff, and get past the security, too. Well, it's not the worst thing they could have shown them doing. The next scene is Ash depositing Kingler (who has never seen a real off screen battle since then...) for Bayleef, who really missed him. At least the rest of the episode is turning out good. Then in comes a girl named Trinity, who Misty knows as one of the best Water Trainers. Why didn't they introduce her EARLIER? If she's so great, why are they just now establishing this? Especially seeing as she was going to be her next opponent. I'm just going to call her "Female Tobias without legendaries" (or FTWOL for short) from now on. Misty wonders if she can possibly win...

During the (poorly done) match, Misty sends out Poliwhirl against Trinity's Gyarados. Gyarados uses Hyper Beam to overpower Bubblebeam, taking it down. Then, guess what Misty's next Pokemon is...no, not Psyduck. Corsola. Doesn't she have other Pokemon she can use besides those two? *looks at Staryu family, Horsea, Goldeen*

Gyarados uses Hydro Pump, which Mirror Coat reflects, but Gyarados uses Hyper Beam to overpower it, but Corsola dives underwater and finishes it off with...Spike Cannon. Wow, really? Chinchou then beats Corsola, afterit puts up a decent fight. Another TR scene is shown, with them deciding to get past the tight security by air...why didn't they think of this earlier? Meanwhile, in the Pokemon Center, Misty congratulates FTWOL for winning, and then we get to the final match. FTWOL's Golduck is up against some random person's Feraligatr, and then TR comes in and uses a fishing rod to take thestaff. Their plan is foiled, so now we can get back to the match...or at least they could have, if they didn't SKIP IT.

It turns out that Trinity lost, getting in second place. There are so many things wrong with this I don't know where to begin...

#1: If she's so great, you'd think she would have won. They established her as one of the best, but nothing for the first place winner.
#2: Why did they not also establish the first place winner as one of the best too? Even if that's not the case, they could have at least had a sense of accomplishment for having beat Trinity.
#3: Why did they skip through the final battle? Leagues do it too, but this is still not excused.

So they have a ceremony, and Ash, Misty and FTWOL reflect back on their time at the Whirl Cup, before Ash and his friends leave to continue their journey...

Zamin

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED this episode! That Ash and Misty battle was INTENSE!Psyduck's confusion was brill, wasn't sure what to think of Trinity at the start but she presented herself pleasantly, Team Rocket blasted off as per usual :p

NPT

Just a member
Meh, this episode was lame.

This battle between Ash and Misty was cheap IMO. Misty tried to sent Corsola but Psyduck came out his Pokeball.....AGAIN! Ash got overconfident and told Kingler to use Crabhammer on Psyduck's head (ugh) causing a pain in it's head, and guess what happened? Kingler lost terrebly! Geez, talk about deux ex machina. Misty DID NOT deserve to win. I'm glad Trinity beat her in next round.

Last edited:

zhixun

I love this episode an there were many great scenes. First one was Koduck makes Kasumi mad at the beginning then Kingler clamped it to force a Nenriki/ Confusion and knocked out Kingler. It is nice to see Bayleaf has some affection on Satoshi and she can not bear with Okido. I like the Sonans lure when Musashi trying to steal the sphere.

When Psyduck popped out, I thought for sure that Misty was done for in her battle against Ash.
Awesome that she managed to win that battle with Psyduck's Confusion! :)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This episode was a nice one. I liked seeing Ash and Misty battle again and I find it hilarious that Ash forgot about Psyducks headaches and the power it brings out in the duck Pokemon even though he's seen it a handful of times by now. I also liked Mistys victory dances whenever she wins a battle. It's too bad she lost in the round after though, I think top 8 would have been a more fitting rank imo.
8/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow Ash losing to Misty was fine but Ash made such a huge error by allowing Psyduck's headache to increase. I liked Trinity even tho I wish Misty had won the match, but hey at least Misty made it to the Top 4.

JudySpell

Banned
Ash versus Misty became predictable when Psyduck's headache kicked in. I wish Misty hadn't won via deus ex machina. 6.5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Ash versus Misty became predictable when Psyduck's headache kicked in. I wish Misty hadn't won via deus ex machina. 6.5/10

It was more Ash's fault than hers tho cuz he knew what to expect from Psyduck and yet he still had Kingler give Psyduck a headache. ^^;

My favorite part: Ash battling Misty. I didn't think Misty deserved to lose against Trinity though, so that part was my least favorite.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I didn't think Misty deserved to lose against Trinity though, so that part was my least favorite.

Well even tho I like Misty, I thought Trinity was much stronger. So Misty's loss made sense to me and at least she got a higher position in the Whirl Cup than Ash hee hee.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Ash VS Misty made me happy, even though I was confident from the start that Misty would win. I just liked seeing that she had a lot more experience with Water Pokemon. I was surprised by Ash's complete foolishness when he forgot about Psyduck's headache syndrome. I was glad that Misty won, but I was sad to see her be defeated by Trinity, aka the walking DEM.