1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The perfect pokemon team?

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by cyotekid, Jan 8, 2010.

1. cyotekid

cyotekid poke battle anyone?

What do you all think is the perfect pokemon team????

2. RaZoR LeAf

RaZoR LeAf Night Terror

For what? Battling competeively? Battling through the game? In theory if pokemon were real? In Anime terms? Manga Terms? 1st Gen? 2nd Gen? 3rd Gen? 4th Gen? Legal?

The perfect pokemon team is one that is unbeatable and full of your favourites. Since these rarely go hand in hand, I think having them both together would be perfect.

3. MokKish

MokKish Breeding Enthustiast

No such thing, since every pokemon have their weaknesses, even if not because of their type. A good team would be something that has both special and physical attackers with good type coverage, some pokemon to support the other with status problems, entry hazards and/or healing moves.. But most of all a good team requires a good trainer who knows how to use the team.

4. dannydstk

dannydstk Well-Known Member

basically the exact opposite of ash lol

5. Lord Scalgon

Lord Scalgon What title?

6. MokKish

Yeah, the only strategy he's ever had is "damn, all my other pokemon have been defeated, luckily I still have... PIKACHU!" and then he magically pwns everyone..

7. 2 spiritomb, 2 garchomp a snorlax and a Scizor, pwnage

8. ElectiCrow

ElectiCrow Do The Tevez!

There isn't one, plain and simple

9. Ultimate Glalie

Ultimate Glalie Well-Known Member

There isn't one, and if there was one, then competitive battling wouldn't exist.

10. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

what the above poster said.

11. Dan The Poke Man

Dan The Poke Man MEGAMEGAMEGA

So true. But... Arceus Arceus Arceus Arceus Arceus Arceus.

12. Drake Pokétrainer

Drake Pokétrainer Blood of Insanity

Then why was my Arceus killed by Rhyperior in PBR?

Anyways, as most people here said, there is none. Make your own team, if you battle competitive or just want to use your favorites, it doesn't matters. Every team can be beaten.

13. Dawntiger

Dawntiger <3<>HeartGold<><3

Quote from Smogon...

Looks like it has counters :p

14. Dan The Poke Man

Dan The Poke Man MEGAMEGAMEGA

Because it was a rip off. [/sarcasm] (But Arceus still isn't worth it)

Exactly. I agree with those people.

@Dawntiger, who cares what smogon says? We've got Serebii to tell us stuff like that. :p

15. BlueMew7

BlueMew7 Send Bidoof to AG

But Serebii tells only so much about competitive battling. You can't solely rely on it. You can't even solely rely on Smogon. You have to have your own ideas too. Or maybe that's just me. (Ftw 3800 for standard ladder r0Xx0Rz!``11!!! 1337).

As for a perfect pokemon team, well it depends. Are we talking animewise?

16. BynineB

BynineB Wielding Übersaw.

Six Pokemon that all have typing that allows them to be immune to everything and super effective against everything, every ability except Klutz and Stall rolled together but with their effects made 100%, every move, and they win battles before the battle is started.

17. MokKish

And yeah, that's about it. Seems very likely that it's ever going to happen, doesn't it?

18. elephantdog

elephantdog ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier

Everyone above me is wrong. There are countless of perfect teams. It's all about what you like. First, put in your favorite Pokemon. Then, build around it with other Pokemon you like.

Like for me, I started with Lanturn and started adding other Pokemon I liked. It was hard to find a Fighting-type I liked because I find Fighting-type Pokemon hideous (Heracross and Breloom are OK but really pushing it). So...in the end I decided to get a Pokemon that is strong and can learn Fighting-type moves. That includes Pokemon with large movepools, like Togekiss and Blissey. I narrowed it down to Togekiss and Honchkrow. I personally like Togekiss better but I wanted a physical attacker. In the end, I'm happy with my team.

19. CountCrotchula

CountCrotchula Well-Known Member

I dont think it's possible to make "The Perfect Team" in both competitive play and ingame.

20. elephantdog

elephantdog ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier

You can't really go wrong in making an in-game team. You can use all weak but fully evolved Pokemon in the game and still make it through easily. In-game opponents are just too easy.