• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Perfect Team OU Standards

David13

I created and name this team because of the even distribution of Defense an Attacking Pokemon. It had some Synergy and worked. I tested this team out in PO and I went 9-0. Rate and enjoy team. (Obviously it's not the perfect team. Need some suggestions)

You need to know that 5 Pokemon are immune to T-Spikes, 2 are weak to Stealth Rocks, 3 are immune to spikes. That's why I don't have a rapid spinner.

376.gif

I started off with Metagross and it proved worthy as a lead. Metagross is a great lead. There are only two leads which I lose against: Infernape and Heatran. Outside these two, no common lead can OHKO it, hell not many can 2HKO, Metagross is that bulky. I don’t use Aerodactyl because I feel wasting a pokemon just to set up stealth rocks is not a good idea. Against Aerodactyl and Azelf, they only set up stealth rocks, nothing more.

376.gif
130.gif

I needed some synergy to take care of Metagrosses fire and ground weaknesses. Gyarados.

376.gif
130.gif
380.gif

Now that I have a Gyarados i need something to protect it. Latias worked like a charm. With its amazing defenses it can EASILY survive a T-bolt and wreak havoc.

376.gif
130.gif
380.gif
212.gif

Even though Latias is bulky, it cant survive against its super effected moves. Scizor comes in play. CB Scizor is a monster, put some priory Bullet punch and a OHKO on anything that doesn't resist it.

376.gif
130.gif
380.gif
212.gif
242.gif

Now we need to add some defense, bulk, poison, and wish's. Blissey's here.

376.gif
130.gif
380.gif
212.gif
242.gif
485.gif

I need fire coverage. Heatran is perfect. It covers almost every weakness of my team. It has a dreaded x4 weakness to ground but 2 of my Pokemon immune it and Blissey can take EQ's

227.gif
130.gif
381.gif
212.gif
242.gif
485.gif

An Exadrill destroys my team. And I realized explosion does 50% less damage. Skarmory fix's this. I switched Exadrill for Skarmory and added SR to Heatran. I swiched Latias for Latios for the extra fire power.

227.gif
130.gif
381.gif
212.gif
423.gif
485.gif

Changed Blissey into Gastrodon so I have a weather team changer. Skarmory for Sand Storm, Heatran for Sun, and Gastrodon for Rain. I made Gyarados a wall and Heatran a Attacker.

The Stats..

THE Physical Wall

227.gif

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SPDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SPAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Leftovers for recovery. SR for the setup and whirlwind to switch opponents out. Roost to annoy Brave Bird to destroy.

130.gif

The P hazer

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SPDef /252 Def
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall
- Roar/Dragon Tail

Excellent defensive typing, with key resistances to Fire-, Bug-, Ground-, Water-, Fighting- and Steel-type attacks, Intimidate, and decent 90 / 79 / 100 base defensive stats allow Gyarados to function as an excellent RestTalk user. Rest allows Gyarados to shrug off damage and status, while Sleep Talk prevents Gyarados from being dead weight while asleep. The ability to shed status conditions is a huge boon to Gyarados when taking on Gliscor, Jellicent, and Heatran. The substantial investment in bulk allows Gyarados to repeatedly check common threats like Heatran, Scrafty, and Scizor.

The Special Attacker

381.gif

Latios @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAatk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

THIS THING IS A BEAST. Out speeds almost anything and has a great movepool. Hits hard cuz of Life Orb. Chose T-Bolt over HP fire so other Latios's can't kill me. If I get hit by Bug, Ice, and Dark type moves I switch into.....

The Physical Attacker

212.gif

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 246 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adament Nature (+Atk, -SPAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- SuperPower
- Pursuit

Bullet Punch is the move that made Scizor such as beast. Technician + STAB + Priority is godly. Bullet Punch is the main move I use and has won me many battles. U-turn is a great scouting move and deals a lot of damage to anything that doesn’t resist it. It allows me to keep up the offensive tempo by gaining the better switch when the opposition switches out of Scizor and I use U-turn. SuperPower is mainly for steel types such as opposing Scizor’s, Heatran’s and Magnezone, if it dares to switch in. Pursuit is for things like Choiced Gengar / Rotom locked in on Shadow Ball, although it has proven useful against things like Mamoswine, who switch out expecting a bullet punch. If I get hit by a Fire type I switch into Heatran for a boost.

The All around Wall

423.gif

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 SpD
Calm Nature (+SPDef, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

This thing kicks ***. An Inferape Grass Knot 3KO's this thing. Toxic for Stalls. Scald has a burn chance so that for pesky steels. Ice beam for coverage. And it's ability is amazing.

The Special Revenge Killer

485.gif

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SPAtk / 252 Spe / 4 SPDef
- Overheat
- Flamethrower
- Earthpower
- Hidden Power Ice

Heatran's Speed stat has always been a severe letdown. However, with a Choice Scarf attached, it now becomes a blazingly fast Pokemon that reaches 417 Speed with a Timid nature, enabling it to check or revenge kill many Pokemon. Overheat is a powerful STAB attack that dents almost any Pokemon who dares to switch in to Heatran. It may be strange to have Flamethrower in the second slot, as Overheat hits the same threats that Flamethrower does. However, Overheat's Special Attack drop makes it inadvisable in some situations, and Flamethrower allows it to cleanup in the endgame if necessary. Earth Power gives Heatran a way to deal with opposing Heatran, and is your best option against Steels if Fire-type moves are inadvisable (such as against a Drizzle team). Hidden Power Ice suits this set nicely by enabling Heatran to destroy Landorus, Gliscor, and Dragon-type Pokemon who are 4x weak to Ice-type moves.

Rate and feel free to change any Pokemon, Abilities, EV's, moves, and natures.

I also dont feel like Gyarados fits this team well. Any suggestions of pokemon?

Last edited:

Cyano

TARDIS Pilot
Changes

Really good ideas in my opinion especially witht he types. I think you should change Metagross' Occa berry becuase you have decided to switch out to gyarados or heatran. Perhaps you could give it a salac berry or something but definitely NOT A CHOICE ITEM.

Your Gyarados' EVs are a bit strange. If you tell me why they are like that I might see your point. I think you should make it like this unlesss you want it to be able to take hits then I suggest change it to something else.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SPAtk)
4 Hp / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Bounce

You also wrote spe twice.

Latias might want hidden power psychic but that might not be a good idea. You said heatran has lava plume and earth power for stab. Earthpower isn't stab so maybe add flassh cannon.

I still reckon it is an awesome team.

David13

56 HP EVs allow Gyarados to survive two Life Orb Fire Blasts from Heatran after Stealth Rock and 96 Defense EVs allow Gyarados to avoid a 2HKO from Quick Attack by Choice Band Scizor. 184 EVs in Speed allow Gyarados to outspeed positive-natured base 115s after a Dragon Dance. The rest of the EVs are put into Attack to increase Gyarados’s power.

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
On Latios I prefer thunderbolt over HP Fire, which lowers your speed just enough for other standard latios to OHKO you

Im not sure if you want Will-o-Wisp and Lava plume on the same set (Heatran) because Lava plume already has a high chance of burn. Other than that very solid team I'll have to say.

Yamborski

Not a Crunchwrap
Really nice team here. I have limited time, so I'm gonna post here so I have a reservation of a rate kind of thing. Mainly so I won't forget lol.

Edit!

So, I'm gonna start from the bottom up, essentially. Heatran doesn't really want to stall, it wants to tank with what you have it on the team for. So instead of using Protect and Will-O-Wisp, you're going to want to use Earth Power and Toxic. Lava Plume already gets you a chance for burn, so there's no need for WoW anyway. Earth Power is there because you have no other Ground moves on this team, so it would help largely. It doesn't matter that you already have Toxic on Gastro, because different things are going to be switching in on him, so you can poison those. Yay! Everything is fine up until Gyarados. He really doesn't seem like he belongs on this team, and from the looks of the team, you're dying to have a Tyranitar. Against rain teams, you're going to have a fun time trying to survive boosted Hydro Pumps except for Gastro, who is walled by Ferrothorn, and he's on like 90% of rain teams. If Ferro isn't there, they're definately going to have a Virizion or Celebi, both wall Gastro and can OHKO with Giga Drain. So with Tyranitar, you have a chance at winning a weather war, and being able to actually use Fire moves! And without Tyranitar, boosted Hydro Pumps, and a Thundurus take this team by the balls. I would reccomend either a chople tar or a scarf tar. I personally love Chople Tar, but since you have no other scarfer or anything fast on this team besides Latios, I would reccomend a Choice Scarf Tyranitar in place of Gyarados, with a set like this:

Tyranitar@Choice Scarf
move 1: Stone Edge
move 2: Crunch
move 3: Pursuit
move 4: Superpower
item: Choice Scarf
nature: Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Hope this rate helped! Good Luck with your future battles!

Last edited:

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Your probly not getting raters cause this team is so good. But if I were to change anything it would be skarmory, leftovers over shed shell and latios have HP fire over psyshock cause otherwise pokemon like ferro will wall you.

David13

Thank's but IDK if it's that good of a team. I played 7 games today and I never used Shed Shell so im gunna change it. I won all games but on the 3rd one it was close. And for HP fire, i was thinking about that but I don't have a physic move and I do have Heatran. Also HP fire would mean Speed and SP Attack IV's goes down which means other base 110 speed pokemon would destroy latios.

Last edited:

Chocolate_Scizor

Zorua. Like a boss.
This my first rate I've given so please don't be too hard on me. Well. For your Heatran I suggest you put Stealth rock or Roar over Will-o-Wisp because first of all you have no SR and if you opt for Roar, it could help with phazing pokemon with your Spikes. Pick whatever tickles your peach. I would also like to propose that you put taunt over bounce on gyarados, as yes celebi does wall you, but with taunt you easily block a T-wave coming in from her which allows more set-up or you can go for a kill with stone edge. Taunt also helps against Jellicent or Any will-o-wisper. You could also opt for lum berry if you'd like for Gyarados as priority T-waves are not cool coming of a Thundurus or Stun Spore from Whimsicott. Also. I would like to say that HP fire would actually be a good idea, since even if your up against opposing Latios, you may opt to send in Scizor to take a Draco, then pursuit it as it switches. So Hp fire is not a bad idea. I would also like to say that you should put Whirlwind over Taunt IMO and put Brave Bird in the last moveslot. This allows for phazing and not being taunt bait. also Taunt is kinda too slow for Skarmory seeing as you are only tuning only 40 speed EV's. That is all I have to say about my first rate, and a solid team. I must say. Good luck! Also this was sent from my Ipod touch.

complete legitimacy

pack that fudge
Yeah if you don't run Brave Bird on Skarm you are shut down by opposing Taunters who most likely outspeed you.

Arty-Kun

Kill it with weather
I created and name this team because of the even distribution of Defense an Attacking Pokemon. It had some Synergy and worked. I tested this team out in PO and I went 9-0. Rate and enjoy team. (Obviously it's not the perfect team. Need some suggestions)

You need to know that 5 Pokemon are immune to T-Spikes, 2 are weak to Stealth Rocks, 3 are immune to spikes. That's why I don't have a rapid spinner.

READ[/COLOR][/B]]
376.gif

I started off with Metagross and it proved worthy as a lead. Metagross is a great lead. There are only two leads which I lose against: Infernape and Heatran. Outside these two, no common lead can OHKO it, hell not many can 2HKO, Metagross is that bulky. I don’t use Aerodactyl because I feel wasting a pokemon just to set up stealth rocks is not a good idea. Against Aerodactyl and Azelf, they only set up stealth rocks, nothing more.

376.gif
130.gif

I needed some synergy to take care of Metagrosses fire and ground weaknesses. Gyarados.

376.gif
130.gif
380.gif

Now that I have a Gyarados i need something to protect it. Latias worked like a charm. With its amazing defenses it can EASILY survive a T-bolt and wreak havoc.

376.gif
130.gif
380.gif
212.gif

Even though Latias is bulky, it cant survive against its super effected moves. Scizor comes in play. CB Scizor is a monster, put some priory Bullet punch and a OHKO on anything that doesn't resist it.

376.gif
130.gif
380.gif
212.gif
242.gif

Now we need to add some defense, bulk, poison, and wish's. Blissey's here.

376.gif
130.gif
380.gif
212.gif
242.gif
485.gif

I need fire coverage. Heatran is perfect. It covers almost every weakness of my team. It has a dreaded x4 weakness to ground but 2 of my Pokemon immune it and Blissey can take EQ's

227.gif
130.gif
381.gif
212.gif
242.gif
485.gif

An Exadrill destroys my team. And I realized explosion does 50% less damage. Skarmory fix's this. I switched Exadrill for Skarmory and added SR to Heatran. I swiched Latias for Latios for the extra fire power.

227.gif
130.gif
381.gif
212.gif
423.gif
485.gif

Changed Blissey into Gastrodon so I have a weather team changer. Skarmory for Sand Storm, Heatran for Sun, and Gastrodon for Rain

The Stats..

THE SETUP

227.gif

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Spikes
- Whirlwhind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Leftovers for recovery. Spikes for the setup and taunt so I can get more Spikes on the field. Roost to annoy and get more Spikes. IDK with Whilrwind or Brave Bird.No need to add 40 Speed EV's and act like you're going to outspeed everything, the only thing you might beat is Ferrothorn and other Skarmory. So drop Taunt and use both Whirlwind and Brave Bird. Fairly standard Skarmory set.

130.gif

The Attackers

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SPAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake / Ice Fang
- Taunt

Dragon Dance is a stat boost move that makes Gyarados so fearsome. After a Dragon Dance, Gyarados will usually kill at least one pokemon (and if he doesn’t kill, significantly weaken). Waterfall is for STAB and my main sweeping move. The main sweeping move in my arsenal. The 20% flinch chance is also welcome. Stone Edge takes care of Zapdos, Salamence and opposing Gyarados. Bounce to gain free HP from Leftovers. If I get hit by Electric type attacks i switch into Latios or Gastrodon. This set makes Gyarados a fairly good stallbreaker. The EV's may minimize bulk, but you outspeed all positive base 125 pokemon, and have an easy time setting up on the likes of Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Espeon, etc. True, it isn't as bulky, but this is an attacker, not a wall, and should be treated as such. For any Fire Blasts, switch into Latios, who can Surf back. Quick Attack is extremely rare on Scizor, I wouldn't worry about it, in my years of PO and Wi-Fi battles, I have only seen it twice. Earthquake/Ice Fang depends what you want to do. Earthquake hits bulky waters for neutral damage, but Ice Fang hits floating Dragons who resist Waterfall.

381.gif

Latios @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAatk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt

THIS THING IS A BEAST. Out speeds almost anything and has a great movepool. Hits hard cuz of Life Orb. Chose T-Bolt over HP fire so other Latios's can't kill me. If I get hit by Bug, Ice, and Dark type moves I switch into.....I know two Dragon STABS aren't amazing, but you lacked a reliable STAB move, since I would never place my money on Psyshock. Dragon Pulse is a much better attacking type with a higher base power, and Draco Meteor is there if you still want to dent things. But what do you do about Metagross and Bronzong? Jirachi too. You really have no check for steels, since Heatran is there for stalling.

212.gif

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 246 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SPAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Bullet Punch is the move that made Scizor such as beast. Technician + STAB + Priority is godly. Bullet Punch is the main move I use and has won me many battles. U-turn is a great scouting move and deals a lot of damage to anything that doesn’t resist it. It allows me to keep up the offensive tempo by gaining the better switch when the opposition switches out of Scizor and I use U-turn. SuperPower is mainly for steel types such as opposing Scizor’s, Heatran’s and Magnezone, if it dares to switch in. Pursuit is for things like Choiced Gengar / Rotom locked in on Shadow Ball, although it has proven useful against things like Mamoswine, who switch out expecting a bullet punch. If I get hit by a Fire type I switch into Heatran for a boost. I personally don't like CB Scizor with that many HP Ev's. Scizor isn't meant to take repeated STAB attacks, so you should invest heavily in speed so it can outspeed as many things as possible and U-Turn away into an appropriate pokemon. This handles Chansey/Blissey with Pursuit, so no need for Psyshock on Latios.

The Walls

423.gif

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 212 Hp / 252 Def / 44 SpD
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

This thing kicks ***. An Inferape Grass Knot 3KO's this thing. Toxic for Stalls. Scald has a burn chance so that for pesky steels. Ice beam for coverage. And it's ability is amazing. 252 EVs are dumped into Gastrodon's Defense, its lesser defensive stat, in order to take most resisted and neutral physical attacks with ease. 212 HP EVs give Gastrodon more all-around bulk, while the remaining EVs are invested in Special Defense. As far as Bulky Waters go, try Suicune, as Gastrodon is extremely weak to Toxic, where as Suicune can Rest it off.

485.gif

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 244 HP / 36 SpA / 12 SpD / 216 Spe
- Lava Plume
- Substitute
- Torment
- Protect

Switch in on a fire move. Another Standard. Lava Plum. Will-o-Wisp for attackers. Protect for stall. SR for annoyance. You are going to make your opponents very upset with this. Torment, combined with Heatran's impressive set of resistances and considerable bulk, turns Heatran into one of the toughest Pokemon to KO in the game. The idea behind this set is that not many Pokemon carry more than one attack powerful enough to break Heatran's Substitutes. With that in mind, Torment allows Heatran to stay safe by using Protect to prevent his opponent from breaking his Substitute with their STAB or super effective attack. That means that every other turn, Heatran can attack with Lava Plume for free without having to worry about being damaged. This set slowly chips away at Heatran's opponent while maintaining his Substitute at the end of the duel when they faint.

Rate and feel free to change any Pokemon, Abilities, EV's, moves, and natures.
I saw how you posted this team on Smogon too. I might have to copy and paste this post and push it right over to Smogon too ._.
Anyways, it is far from being perfect, and doesn't deserve a slot in the RMT archive in my opinion. Keep at it though, and you might get better.

homestarhydon

Battle Fanatic
I disagree, Arty. I think the RMT should be for people who want to improve their teams. Sure, we don't want people coming in with a seaking, farfetch'd and a dugtrio with no items or EVs, and granted his team isn't the best I've ever seen, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't go on the RMT forum. Quite the contrary, in fact.

Arty-Kun

Kill it with weather
I disagree, Arty. I think the RMT should be for people who want to improve their teams. Sure, we don't want people coming in with a seaking, farfetch'd and a dugtrio with no items or EVs, and granted his team isn't the best I've ever seen, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't go on the RMT forum. Quite the contrary, in fact.
You literally misunderstood everything I said ._.

David13

Thank YOU! Finally some who actually rated my team. Im gunna look over and test out these ideas and update the post when im done.

Yamborski

Not a Crunchwrap
I did my rate, if you want to take a look at it.