• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Phantom Tollbooth!

kochoupink

butts lol
Who else here read and loved The Phantom Tollbooth as a child? I re-read it to my sister and realized how many of its themes and motifs stick with me today.

What were everyone's favorite parts? I liked Dictionopolis the best, because I believe language is one of the most important parts of culture. I also liked the Doldrums because they made me giggle.

And of course all the puns.

If anyone wants to talk about the movie, they can do that, too :)

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Read it when I was about 10, easily my favorite book as a child. The watchdog thing was easily my favorite bit, but I'm not sure, cause my minds fuzzy. Have to read it again for the memories to flood back.

VictiniMaster

Winning, Duh!
I love that book. I'm kinda sad, cuz I lost my copy of it. :(

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
One of my favourite book when I was a kid and still is. I love how the book just lets your imagination run wild. I should really re read the book again.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
Oh, I remember it. We read it in class years ago, but I don't really remember it. I do remember the Doldrums and Princess Rhyme and Reason.

I used to have a copy of this book somewhere. I ought to look around in my room for it.

I couldn't say off-hand what my favorite part is, but probably the parts dealing with math, because I am/was a math nerd. Which I guess explains a lot.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
OMG! I remember that book from 5th grade! It was trippy as hell!

abraxas

Words.
I, as well as a handful of others it seems, had a copy, but have no clue as to where it's at. I haven't read it since I was, like, eight, but it was a fun, entertaining book. I still see copies of it in Books-A-Million every time I go. It's good to see it's still in print. =)