• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pikachu Poll

What do you think of Pikachu?

• I love him, they made a good choice of making him mascot.

Votes: 33 49.3%
  • He's fine, I like him better than other things they could have picked.

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • I can tolerate him.

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • I just try to pretend he's not there, because he bothers me so much.

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • ROASTED RAT ON A STICK!

Votes: 7 10.4%

• Total voters

TwilightPrincess

Loving Eevee Trainer
I love Pikachu! He's one of my most favorite pokemon!

Diceman

Banned
Good type with only one weakness. With a light ball and volt tackle he is really good. Imagine if he learned HP Ice! ;026;

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
Pikachu is the best. He's one of my fav Pokemon of all time and considered a trademark character of most people.

Astinus

It's a cute little thing! How could I not love it. It's everywhere in my house... :<

But hey... it is good...once it evolves in the games... XD

Stephy

candies!!!11
I sooo love Pikachu! It's cute too! -huggles Pikachu Plush Toy- Cutie Pie! It's attacks are sooooo awesome too! -votes for first option-

Kabuto

little punks!
Pikachu is cool. Not that other pokemon are not better, but it was a good choice for the Pokemon mascot. I'm sure glad Jigglypuff, Eevee or Clefairy were not picked instead.

"ROASTED RAT ON A STICK!" ftw. :D Seriously. I hate that stupid rat! I liked it back in the first season, wgen it wasn't always the center of attention, but after the first season, Nintendo (or whoever) realized that people liked Pikachu, so they gave him way too much screen time, and they just ruined it! I hate the stupid rat, and I hope that Ash ditches it with Professor Oak, like he did with so many of his other Pokemon.

Stephy

candies!!!11
"ROASTED RAT ON A STICK!" ftw. Seriously. I hate that stupid rat! I liked it back in the first season, wgen it wasn't always the center of attention, but after the first season, Nintendo (or whoever) realized that people liked Pikachu, so they gave him way too much screen time, and they just ruined it! I hate the stupid rat, and I hope that Ash ditches it with Professor Oak, like he did with so many of his other Pokemon.
-gasps- =O Who can NOT resist the awesome-ness and cute-ness of Pikachu? NOO!!! Pikachu is super-uber-ultra-cute! But I have to agree, they gave him too much screen-time -_-;; Which makes him annoying for a while, but he's super-uber-ultra cute and has awesome-ness attacks!

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Pikachu is boring.
At this point in the show, it lacks any sort of real definable personallity, making it nothing more than a prop for soppy 'Ash friendship' scenes. With some pokémon this wouldn't be much a problem, but considering the insane amount of screentime Pikachu recieves...well, it's self explanitory really.
As for it's battling capabilities? I've seen it fight far too many times now to even care about it's (often lackluster) skirmishes.

Mawile XD

ello thar
Eh... Pikachu's a good mascot. Ash's is uber, though. Pikachu with Light Ball and Volt Tackle owns. I like Raich more, though, as I actually prefer Eevee in term of cuteness. Adorable little foxes...

S

Sagura Oda

Voted for "ROASTED RAT ON A STICK!" Really, Pikachu is bloody annoying. Crap, do I hate that thing.

Pure

back.
It's unevolved and has stayed so for far too long. I could tolerate Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and (to a point) Corphish, but the reason for Pikachu not evolving is stupid. After all, by now, it should be fast enough and learned all the moves it could learn before Raichu. It's become too common. I'm sick of hearing, all the time "Pikachu, THunderbolt!" and finishing off Team Rocket when the other pokemon did all the work.

It's mainly because I can't stand when pokemon stay unevolved.

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
Xi said:
It's unevolved and has stayed so for far too long. I could tolerate Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and (to a point) Corphish, but the reason for Pikachu not evolving is stupid. After all, by now, it should be fast enough and learned all the moves it could learn before Raichu. It's become too common. I'm sick of hearing, all the time "Pikachu, THunderbolt!" and finishing off Team Rocket when the other pokemon did all the work.

It's mainly because I can't stand when pokemon stay unevolved.
Wait, what? When Bulbasaur and Squirtle don't evolve it's okay, but when Pikachu doesn't it's the greatest sin imaginable?

Besides, Pikachu has evolved. :p

The reason for Pikachu not evolving is stupid... but Squirtle and Corphish don't even have a reason for not evolving. Pikachu made it pretty clear he didn't want to evolve and it's not like he evolves without assistance.

I'm okay with people not like Pikachu, but not liking him because of a reason as flat as this is just plain annoying. Besides, Pikachu's the mascot and you don't just change the mascot!

...the blasting off Team Rocket thing is really Ash's fault. *BRICK*