• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pirates of Decolore! (790)

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I only wish Fire Pledge was a strong in the games as it's portrayed here.
I guess Pignite can deal with water types while being fire, unlike others...

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Did Oshawott just Return Himself? And from a distance? Has that ever happend before?

Anyways, glad to see Octillery and Croconaw. However... so, so much Hidden Power. D:

uber gon

Accept Change
So was that green murder beam Octazooka? God I hope it was.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
So was that green murder beam Octazooka? God I hope it was.

No, that was AuroraBeam (also used by Cryogonal in it's first apperance). ^^

EDIT: Also, I really couldn't take Croconaw seriously here... everytime he talked, all I heard was 'Are we gay?'. This is even weirder than what the Beartics said. XD

Last edited:

Kyrousa Izanami

The lazy noob
This episode was okay I wonder If Ash's Oshawott sends himself to his pokeball or one of the pirate pokemon also It seems necessary for writers to make Ash's Snivy and Ash's Pignite to challenge the abandoned pokemon but I don't know that counts as abandoned pokemon they go back to their trainers at the end of the episode.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I only wish Fire Pledge was a strong in the games as it's portrayed here.
I guess Pignite can deal with water types while being fire, unlike others...
Well it didn't really help the Water types much that they didn't have a trainer there with them, even if they were I guess trained by them. What I don't get, is why anyone (If I understand this correctly) would abandon a Croconaw

STICKTOPIA

About time Snivy gets some action and wins a battle! :D So these pokemon got abandoned... How sad.. And TR is really starting to blast off again.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This episode was predictable, and not just because the whole episode was spoiled in the other thread. The story line was just overdone and ultimately boring. I disliked that the "pirates" had no real reason for stealing food; from what I could tell, they were simply misbehaving because their trainers abandoned them. Well, that's really not a good excuse for stealing imo. I disliked that Snivy and Pignite got to battle yet again and how easily they won said battle. Also, Jessie and James appearing near the end and then blasting off literally seconds after they said their motto was ridiculous. I finally understand why some people are upset with them. That Darumaka thing at the end just added insult to injury. The storm literally came out of nowhere and although I understand that the writers wanted to redeem Croconaw and the others, it was poorly done to the point where you could almost feel how forced it was. The only interesting part was when Oshawott chased after the pirates and returned to his Poke Ball imo. I give this episode two kisses out of ten.

Rohanator

I liked the fact that both Pignite's and Snivy's pasts were brought up again. And with Snivy Iris said something along the lines of "so something did happen to her in the past after all". I wonder if they'll make an episode of that, I mean Tepig's evolution happening the way it did seemed very unlikely for a long time but they surprised us.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Such a good feeling episode, had this massive johto vibe from it "which is a good thing"

Wish charizard did more though

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I liked the fact that both Pignite's and Snivy's pasts were brought up again. And with Snivy Iris said something along the lines of "so something did happen to her in the past after all". I wonder if they'll make an episode of that, I mean Tepig's evolution happening the way it did seemed very unlikely for a long time but they surprised us.

That was my immediate thinking, too. God I hope so.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
2nd straight episode that they used N Opening...-_-

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Lol. The dub accidentally used the Black and White adventures in Unova opening again, and not the beyond one. I just found that funny and felt the need to point that out.
In terms of the episode, I'd like to know the IQ of some of those trainers, of course Marill evolves into Azumarill and it might of had Huge Power.
The Remoraid trainer was just as dumb. What a waste of a Croconaw.
Geh...
It's like I said a few months back, Fire Pledge really is overpowered in the anime.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Let me see the few most important things:

1) They used the N Opening again. Something tells me the original Decolore Opening wasn't of their liking, or they really did commit another mistake.
2) PIKACHU AZUMARILL MORPH.
3) You can easily twist those trainers' words to how real world people dislike the anime and the BW saga as a whole.
4) "Sounds like Snivy had a hard time in the past..." *Drops the whole subject entirely* YOU DON'T FOREGO CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT TO THE MOST INTERESTING POKEMON OF SUCKY ASH'S TEAM LIKE THAT. Gosh, these islands are truly Filler Islands.

So, yes, I think the only highlight of this episode was the focus on Snivy, even in point 4 severely lowered the score for me.

4) "Sounds like Snivy had a hard time in the past..." *Drops the whole subject entirely* YOU DON'T FOREGO CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT TO THE MOST INTERESTING POKEMON OF SUCKY ASH'S TEAM LIKE THAT. Gosh, these islands are truly Filler Islands.

And that's not the only time in DA! that has happened. Remember Cilan and his Purrloin fear? Although unlike the Snivy one, Cilan actually told Ash and Iris what happened even if the audience still doesn't know. The audience wants to know these things and yet they keep giving us important bits of information that really would have developed Cilan and Snivy.

Let me see the few most important things:

1) They used the N Opening again. Something tells me the original Decolore Opening wasn't of their liking, or they really did commit another mistake.
2) PIKACHU AZUMARILL MORPH.
3) You can easily twist those trainers' words to how real world people dislike the anime and the BW saga as a whole.

So, yes, I think the only highlight of this episode was the focus on Snivy, even in point 4 severely lowered the score for me.

And that's not the only time in DA! that has happened. Remember Cilan and his Purrloin fear? Although unlike the Snivy one, Cilan actually told Ash and Iris what happened even if the audience still doesn't know. The audience wants to know these things and yet they keep giving us important bits of information that really would have developed Cilan and Snivy.

Can I get a real comfirmation this is a filler arc when this is the finale arc to BW and will lead to XY?