• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pirates of the Caribbean Club

Omega Pirate

shove it up ya bum!
That's weird, because I just saw an add for our (Australia's) Dancing With The Stars, that said to tune in (whenever it airs, I never watch the show) to get our first glimpse of AWE. Wonder why they're choosing Dancing With The Stars :/

MegaRob

Ex-Tokyopop Intern
*cough*ratings*cough* .....what? I'm not the conspiracy theorist type. Really. o_O;

lol, well either way, it aired for all to see and the trailer is all over the internet now. All I can say is... WOW. This is going to be big. The sequence featuring Jack swashbuckling with Davy Jones was AMAZING and I cannot wait to see it on the big screen.

...and when I say swashbuckling, I mean "fighting with swords". Wait. That doesn't sound any better either, eh.... well you know what I mean. >_<;

Amazing how the peg-legged squid face can actually balance on a mast in the rain like that, lol. ^_^;

zipzap713

@Peteyism
Can I join? I am a PotC fan. Been one since the 1st movie :D

Anyway: I saw the trailer last night on Dancing With the Stars. Looks so awesome. I just have to see it when it comes out :D. I have it recorded on my DVR so later today, I am thinking of recording it on a DVD-Rom and upload it to Youtube :D

The line "Did no one come to save me just because they missed me?" was so funny. XD

Incredible trailer, even though they gave away a bit too much for my likings. =/ But I still can't wait to see it!

@ Omega Pirate: MegaRob is pretty much correct. Disney just wants more ratings for their show, so they added a garunteed crowd-drawing commercial. :D

dark trainer

wow a month well it doesnt matter anyway the trailer really did stun me a week ago i was at the point of not caring anymore the trailer took that long to come but it really was worth the wait i was worried about how they would get away with the none carribean settings but i guess special effects do give alot to a movie now it looks like i will trump spiderman 3 and shrek 3 for the may number one spot

MegaRob

Ex-Tokyopop Intern
Yeah, I agree with ye all. Seriously, I must've watched that trailer at least 20 times so far! o_O;
Am I the only who noticed that Davy Jones did not talk AT ALL on the trailer? I think it's a bit unsettling, lol. :p
Most people don't catch this, but after Barbossa says "There's not been a gathering like this in our lifetime." Jack Sparrow replies "And I owe them all money." in referral to all of the pirates that gathered together. :D

This looks to be the most epic in scale compared to the other two PotC films. Again, that Jack VS. Jones fight looks jaw-dropping. Can't wait. :eek:

crobatman

Wow! I did not even know the trailer was out yet. Have any of you noticed that this new movie has not been advertised that much?

it comes out in like two months. I guess they do not have to waste too much money onadvertising becuase it is an awesome series.

MegaRob

Ex-Tokyopop Intern
I know! It's pretty much a guaranteed hit either way. :D
Now whether or not it does as well as Dead Man's Chest remains to be seen. I realize that there were a few that came out of the 2nd move with a bad taste in their mouths (not literally, lol) so who knows. What matters is that it gets it's money back, and it's almost a snowball's chance that it won't. If there ever was a movie release to be confident about it's success, it's At World's End.:p

Oh, and I went to Disneyland (AGAIN, go figure, lol) on Saturday and Pirates Of The Caribbean obviously was still up and running. Meaning my hopes have come true! NO Elizabeth or Will Turner will be invading the ride and screwing up the continuity. Glad to see those rumors were put to rest... besides, they'd have to shut the ride down MONTHS ago if they were still planning to go through with this. ^_^;

crobatman

disneyland? i have been to DisneyWorld before in Orlando, but never Disney land. Last time i went, i was seven years old.

zipzap713

@Peteyism
Yeah, I agree with ye all. Seriously, I must've watched that trailer at least 20 times so far! o_O;
Am I the only who noticed that Davy Jones did not talk AT ALL on the trailer? I think it's a bit unsettling, lol. :p
Most people don't catch this, but after Barbossa says "There's not been a gathering like this in our lifetime." Jack Sparrow replies "And I owe them all money." in referral to all of the pirates that gathered together. :D

This looks to be the most epic in scale compared to the other two PotC films. Again, that Jack VS. Jones fight looks jaw-dropping. Can't wait. :eek:
On that line, I thought that Jack said "And ny have the more money." But the owing them all money suits the spot alot better. AND makes more sense.

I didn't notice Jack said that :D. I sorta heard it, but didn't catch it.

I thought the best line in the trailer was, "Four of you have tried to kill me in the past. One of you succeded." Made me laugh.

Omega Pirate

shove it up ya bum!
I saw the longer version of the trailer yesterday when I went to see 300. It gave me goosebumps o__o''

And me and my friend were confused. I think we need to watch DMC again, because we both have no idea why they're need to save Jack - Or atleast why Liz is participating, anyway.

MegaRob

Ex-Tokyopop Intern
Whoa whoa whoa, hold up! There's a longer version of the trailer floating around somewhere? o_O;
Haha, I know what you mean, about getting Jack back. Though Elizabeth possibly is feeling the guilt within for what she did to him. Possibly. :p

Amazingly, Disney is allowing everyday normal folks to attend the massive red carpet premiere at Disneyland! Though it costs $1,500 per ticket. :eek:
Its all going to charity apparently, and tickets supposedly are running out fast, if they haven't already. Geez that's ALOT of money to pay for one person though. :D

MegaRob

Ex-Tokyopop Intern
Hey as long as Keira Knightley is doing the same, I wouldn't be complaining. ;)
Oh wow, that's a first coming from me. Innuendo alert! LOL :p

Wow, THIS JUST IN. PotC 3 will be At LEAST 170 minutes long if not more (most likely it will be longer). COMPARE that to Dead Man's Chest, which was 140 minutes long. Folks, prepare for a LONG voyage. :eek:

Umby

Can I join?

[SPOIL] I love POTC, and Jack is my favorite character. [/SPOIL]

Oh, by the way, I want to be a Pirate.

Last edited:

theblackpearl719

Seargent Scyther
Can i join potc is the greatest movie of all time i wanna be a pirate

dark trainer

Wow, THIS JUST IN. PotC 3 will be At LEAST 170 minutes long if not more (most likely it will be longer). COMPARE that to Dead Man's Chest, which was 140 minutes long. Folks, prepare for a LONG voyage. :eek:

is that good i mean one of the worse compliants of the second movie was the length they better know what there doing

crobatman

I like long movies.