• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The place for the Alola League

Ashfahad123

Assalamualaikum
What do you think the place for the Alola League should be? I was thinking that it should be the .............. Battle Royal. I think the writers should just put in the Battle Royal I mean like why put the time in building a new league when you could just put in the battle royal. If they do do this then I hope they remove the ring and put a normal battle field and have it have the ability to switch battlefields from Icy/Forest battlefields etc. Kukui could ask the Aether Foundation for help. Your thoughts on this?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
what if it's in the AF's facility? They definitely have the resources

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Could be Mount Lanakila. They haven't introduced any non-game towns or cities unlike every other generation.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
As long as it's on Melemele, I couldn't care less where it is. I just hope to god they don't put it on stupid Melemele like they're doing with all the UBs

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Don't see why they need to change it from Lanakila. Though since the League usually has battles in open-air stadiums, a place that's hailing all the time might not be the best location.

Somewhere on Melemele, perhaps?

What do you think the place for the Alola League should be? I was thinking that it should be the .............. Battle Royal. I think the writers should just put in the Battle Royal I mean like why put the time in building a new league when you could just put in the battle royal. If they do do this then I hope they remove the ring and put a normal battle field and have it have the ability to switch battlefields from Icy/Forest battlefields etc. Kukui could ask the Aether Foundation for help. Your thoughts on this?

Why? The Battle Royal Dome is its own thing. Why sacrifice it for the League when there's plenty of other spots?

what if it's in the AF's facility? They definitely have the resources

Aether is all about protecting Pokemon that were hurt. To put a place where people battle all the time seems against their philosophy.

Red and Blue

Probably on Melemele somewhere. It is the central location in the season.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
One thing that I could potentially perhaps maybe see happening is them spreading out fields across Alola. Have the ice field on Mount Lanakila, a fiery volcano field at Wela Volcano, a forest field at Lush Jungle, and so on. Alola is generally portrayed as quite small, travel times in the Sun and Moon anime across Alola seem fairly trivial, they could go for such an approach. I could see them using the Battle Royal dome for the preliminary rounds in a Battle Royal format.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
It'll be symbolic if the League took place in the same location as the Alola Surprise back in episode 2 but it'll seem too bland of a setting. I'd like it to take place somewhere on Akala Island as we barely touched on it in the anime so far.

Ashfahad123

Assalamualaikum
I am just saying if it randomly gets build out of nowhere then wouldn't people be complaining that its rushed? With the Battle Royal, it is already built. Just make it look more like a Pokemon League and also, who else except Ash and his classmates, Samuel Oak, Samson Oak, Ilima and Kukui himself knows about the League? Hoping they won't rush the league and its buildup and everything else(if it all happens which I hope it does).

Ashfahad123

Assalamualaikum
It'll be symbolic if the League took place in the same location as the Alola Surprise back in episode 2 but it'll seem too bland of a setting. I'd like it to take place somewhere on Akala Island as we barely touched on it in the anime so far.
Would it be symbolic if the last main battle of the series is Kukui vs Ash? They were gonna battle in ep 2.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
One thing that I could potentially perhaps maybe see happening is them spreading out fields across Alola. Have the ice field on Mount Lanakila, a fiery volcano field at Wela Volcano, a forest field at Lush Jungle, and so on. Alola is generally portrayed as quite small, travel times in the Sun and Moon anime across Alola seem fairly trivial, they could go for such an approach. I could see them using the Battle Royal dome for the preliminary rounds in a Battle Royal format.

That's a great idea, but it kinda beats the point of having a League if you have to go to various places across the region. Especially if you know, one of them is on an entirely different island.... on top of a mountain.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I am just saying if it randomly gets build out of nowhere then wouldn't people be complaining that its rushed?

...No? Why would it matter how fast it's made? All that matters is that it's made.

And it's been 10+ episodes since Kukui mentioned he'll be building the League, so it's not like time hasn't passed since he made his decision.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I am just saying if it randomly gets build out of nowhere then wouldn't people be complaining that its rushed?
Lol, you're applying logics for this kind of show where the producers/writers can get away with them numerous times. And if people still complain about them, well let them be. You don't expect everyone to be satisfied over everything anyways.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The setting could change to a place closer to Melemele Island simply for the sake of convenience I guess, although Lanakila Mountain still sounds like the most likely location to me.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Yeah it would.
yeah, and if we get any post-league battle (maybe in a celebration or something like in the games), we should end it up in pikachu vs tapu koko, with the final clash being 10MV thunderbolt vs guardian of alola

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
On Melemele! Everything is happening on melemele this season. And tapu koko would be there to help ash!