• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The place for the Alola League

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

Cyb3r4c3DS

What is wrong with where it is in the games?

Don't see why they need to change it from Lanakila. Though since the League usually has battles in open-air stadiums, a place that's hailing all the time might not be the best location.

Somewhere on Melemele, perhaps?

Why? The Battle Royal Dome is its own thing. Why sacrifice it for the League when there's plenty of other spots?

Aether is all about protecting Pokemon that were hurt. To put a place where people battle all the time seems against their philosophy.

Wasn't this mostly for Pokemon being hurt in the wild? Battles are more of a sport thing so idk it just seems different

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Wasn't this mostly for Pokemon being hurt in the wild? Battles are more of a sport thing so idk it just seems different

It's hurt Pokemon in general. I haven't seen that episode in awhile, so I don't remember if they specifically changed Aether's goals in some way.

Either way, animals that were hurt through various means tend to not take stressful situations well. That includes loud noises. Putting a place where loud explosions happen all the time would probably drive the Pokemon crazy.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
That's a great idea, but it kinda beats the point of having a League if you have to go to various places across the region. Especially if you know, one of them is on an entirely different island.... on top of a mountain.

Many big sports tournaments in real life like the soccer world cup are like that so I can't see a problemhere. The SM anime already showed that you can get from MeleMele to another location in Alola in no time.

I actually would welcome something like this. There should be many stadiums spread over the Alola region and the final battle is on Mt. Lanakila. I like that.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
Wouldnt that be lazy writing?

More like convenient writing from my point of view, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But I do prefer the thought of Satoshi actually traveling to the League since I miss the traveling aspect of the series.

Litleonid

I'd imagine it would be on Mount Lanakilla, like it is in the games. Only this isn't the Elite 4 and its just the typical league the writers will force Ash to lose as always.

nickdt

I'd imagine it would be on Mount Lanakilla, like it is in the games. Only this isn't the Elite 4 and its just the typical league the writers will force Ash to lose as always.

Ash losing isn't that bad. It depends how he goes down. Sinnoh and Unova was bad, while in Kanto you can class it as early installment weirdness and Harrisson and Tyson where just flat out stronger than Ash, same with Alain.