• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Platinum Igniters (Future Platinum Team)

AbsolKnight66

The Knight of Dark
My team, or what I plan to have.

;389; Torterra w/Meadow Plate
Naive Nature
-Earthquake
-Seed Bomb
-Crunch
-Wood Hammer

I decided against Super Power for this Torterra because I didn't like the Attack and defense drop. Earthquake is a powerful STAB, and Seed Bomb and Wood Hammer take full adavantage of Torterra's monsterous attack. Crunch gives me coverage against Psychic and Ghost type Pokemon.

;430; Honchkrow w/Dread Plate
Timid Nature
-Nasty Plot
-Dark Pulse
-Heat Wave
-Shadow Ball

Honchkrow is for its great Sp. Att, and plus Nasty Plot, it can be a beast ingame. Dark Pulse is for STAB, and the chance of flinch won't hurt. Heat Wave is to cover Ice-types and Grass types who are trying to interfere. Shadow Ball is great against Psychic types, but I'm thinking of giving this Psychic.

;445; Garchomp w/Draco Plate
Adamant Nature
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Crunch
-Fire Fang

Garchomp is a great member of my team, as it gives me the dragon-type coverage, and it has Fire Fang for ice-types. Crunch is for type coverage against Froslass and other ghosts, plus the advantage over Psychic-types would help. Earthquake and Dragon Claw are reliable STABs.

;448; Lucario w/Quick Claw
Modest Nature
-Aura Sphere
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Dark Pulse

My Lucario will take full advantage of its amazing Sp. Att. Aura Sphere is a strong fighting type move, that is Special based. Psychic is for other fighting-type Pokemon, and Shadow Ball is for Froslass, and other ghosts. Dark Pulse is for Psychic types.

;461; Weavile w/Icicle Plate
Jolly Nature
-Ice Punch
-Night Slash
-Brick Break
-Protect

Weavile's amazing speed is handy for the battle. Ice Punch is a handy STAB. Night Slash is a great STAB plus the high crit ratio. Brick Break is for other Weavile, and other steel-types that try to wall Weavile down. Protect is just to be annoying. xD

;469; Yanmega w/Wide Lens
Timid Nature
-Air Slash
-Bug Buzz
-Hypnosis
-Protect

Yanmega uses Protect the first turn to ensure a speed boost. Bug Buzz and Air Slash are reliable STABs, and Hypnosis can give me time to set up another speed boost.

Well, that's my team. Constructive criticize, and it'll help me. And I'm proud since this is my first RMT. :)

Sannom

Weavile fan!
Maybe Weavile should have ice shard just in case your enemy uses something like extreme speed. But then, since it's rare in-game, you could also give it aerial ace to get it rid of heracross, other bug types, and fighting types. Good luck =)

AbsolKnight66

The Knight of Dark
Thank you! I actually was thinking of the flying move Weavile could learn, so I used Protect. I was initially giving Weavile Aerial Ace. :)

Sannom

Weavile fan!
And also, for lucario, I've been checking... maybe you could give it dragon pulse for dragon countering, and get rid of shadow ball... This is only a matter of preferance, and since you already have weavile for a good dragon counter, you don't really need it.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
The main problem I notice is that your team is way too offensive. This leads to you getting stuck against a set up Sweeper, and it also means that you will be needing a lot of Life Orb. Consider adding something defensive. I think that a Bulky / Support Heatran (Yes, they exist) would complement your team really well. It covers many of your main weaknesses, especially Fire with its ability.

Last edited:

Ampy

Light The Stars
And also, for lucario, I've been checking... maybe you could give it dragon pulse for dragon countering, and get rid of shadow ball... This is only a matter of preferance, and since you already have weavile for a good dragon counter, you don't really need it.

Counter =/= Revenge Killer.

A counter is a Pokemon that can switch in on a move and survive and OHKO the next turn, which Weavile usually cannot do. Weavile can revenge though.

Sannom

Weavile fan!
Counter =/= Revenge Killer.

A counter is a Pokemon that can switch in on a move and survive and OHKO the next turn, which Weavile usually cannot do. Weavile can revenge though.

Yes my bad XD

I don't know why I started talking about weavile as a counter, I actually meant to talk about his ice moves that can easily KO dragons ( well maybe except dialga and kindra, but still, I don't remember seeing kingdra, and Dialga is encountered once in-game... )

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
My team, or what I plan to have.

;389; Torterra w/Leftovers
Impish Nature
-Earthquake
-Leech Seed / Synthesis
-Stone Edge
-Wood Hammer

I decided against Super Power for this Torterra because I didn't like the Attack and defense drop. Earthquake is a powerful STAB, and Seed Bomb and Wood Hammer take full adavantage of Torterra's monsterous attack. Crunch gives me coverage against Psychic and Ghost type Pokemon.

Leech Seed or Synthesis can heal off damage from Wood Hammer. Stone Edge gets better coverage. Leftovers for more healing.

;430; Honchkrow w/Life Orb
Naive Nature
-Nasty Plot
-Dark Pulse
-Heat Wave
-Superpower

Honchkrow is for its great Sp. Att, and plus Nasty Plot, it can be a beast ingame. Dark Pulse is for STAB, and the chance of flinch won't hurt. Heat Wave is to cover Ice-types and Grass types who are trying to interfere. Shadow Ball is great against Psychic types, but I'm thinking of giving this Psychic.

Shadow Ball is redundant with Dark Pulse. Superpower hits specially defensive Pokemon hard, as well as Rock-types you normally lose to. Naive to give Superpower more power.

;445; Garchomp w/Choice Band
Adamant Nature
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Stone Edge
-Fire Fang

Garchomp is a great member of my team, as it gives me the dragon-type coverage, and it has Fire Fang for ice-types. Crunch is for type coverage against Froslass and other ghosts, plus the advantage over Psychic-types would help. Earthquake and Dragon Claw are reliable STABs.

Stone Edge gets better coverage than Crunch does, and has higher power. Choice Band for even more power.

;448; Lucario w/Wise Glasses / Choice Specs
Modest Nature
-Aura Sphere
-Vacuum Wave
-Shadow Ball
-Dragon Pulse

My Lucario will take full advantage of its amazing Sp. Att. Aura Sphere is a strong fighting type move, that is Special based. Psychic is for other fighting-type Pokemon, and Shadow Ball is for Froslass, and other ghosts. Dark Pulse is for Psychic types.

Dark Pulse is redundant, Psychic gets terrible coverage, Dragon Pulse hits harder, Vacuum Wave is priority.

;461; Weavile w/Muscle Band
Jolly Nature
-Ice Punch
-Night Slash
-Brick Break
-Ice Shard

Weavile's amazing speed is handy for the battle. Ice Punch is a handy STAB. Night Slash is a great STAB plus the high crit ratio. Brick Break is for other Weavile, and other steel-types that try to wall Weavile down. Protect is just to be annoying. xD

Ice Shard for priority.

;469; Yanmega w/Choice Specs
Timid Nature
-Air Slash
-Bug Buzz
-Hypnosis
-Hidden Power [Ground]

Yanmega uses Protect the first turn to ensure a speed boost. Bug Buzz and Air Slash are reliable STABs, and Hypnosis can give me time to set up another speed boost.

Choice Specs for more hit and run power. HP Ground over Protect to hit Fire and Steel-types. Switch out after using Hypnosis though, because of Choice Specs.

Well, that's my team. Constructive criticize, and it'll help me. And I'm proud since this is my first RMT. :)

10Charmeleon

AbsolKnight66

The Knight of Dark
Where do you find the choice items? In Platium?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Same place as they are in D/P.
Specs in Celestic, Band & Scarf in Battle Frontier.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
@ OP, did you consider what I said?
Me said:
The main problem I notice is that your team is way too offensive. This leads to you getting stuck against a set up Sweeper, and it also means that you will be needing a lot of Life Orb. Consider adding something defensive. I think that a Bulky / Support Heatran (Yes, they exist) would complement your team really well. It covers many of your main weaknesses, especially Fire with its ability.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer

This is ingame. I doubt he'll get set up on too often. If anything, offensive teams work better ingame.

AbsolKnight66

The Knight of Dark
Thanks for all of your suggestions. I am going to try to get that team all ready.