• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Playstation Thread

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Well I saw the Xbox thread and thought why not have a PS thread.

Here you can discuss all about Sony's Playstation brand.

If you see any awesome deals on PSN then make sure to share it with us and tell us if its for PSN+ only or not.

Sony had a rough year in 2011 with the hack. But they delivered some quality exclusives that I'm still in the process of buying like Infamous 2.

In terms of games, Sony has really delivered this year.

2012 for the PS3 sounds amazing already with Twisted Metal in February. Plus the PS Vita will launch in February as well. Launching with over 20 to 30 games on day 1. :D

Also there are great 3rd party games for the PS3 such as FF XIII-2 and Mass Effect 3. That is just the first quater too.

Anyways I'm sure many of you have held on to your PS2s, how many games do you guys have for your PS2 currently?

Right now my PS2 library is at 25 games after many years of trading and such for other games. It used to be in the 50s before lol.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Good idea making this thread, I just bought a PS3 recently. I only have Arkham City so far, but after trying the Uncharted 2 and LBP2 demos I'll have to pick those up.

I'm also gonna need a good cheap HDMI cable from Amazon.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Good idea making this thread, I just bought a PS3 recently. I only have Arkham City so far, but after trying the Uncharted 2 and LBP2 demos I'll have to pick those up.

Great news for you man, Uncharted has a dual pack for the 1st and 2nd game for $40. The pack comes with Uncharted 2 GOTY edition so you are really just paying an extra $10 for Uncharted 1.

Since you just bought a (new?) PS3 you should have PSN+. Take advantage of it and download the free games it offers. They disappear if you stop using PSN+ but anything you buy while you have PSN+ stays yours. So if you took advantage of a discount and bought a game it would still be yours after PSN+ expires.

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior

^ I was able to get two HDMI cables off Amazon for 14 cents, and they work perfectly.

Got my PS3 two years ago, really enjoying Dark Souls on it atm.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Got mine a year ago. I'm hoping the PS4 isn't coming for a while so I have more time with it.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Got mine a year ago. I'm hoping the PS4 isn't coming for a while so I have more time with it.

The PS3 came out in 2006. Its only been 5 years. Sony aims for 10 years but 2-3 more years only is likely instead.

7-8 years is a good way to end the PS3's journey and bring out a new console in 2013 or 2014. So I think we have plenty time to enjoy our PS3s and Xbox 360s.

The Wii U is not a true Gen 8 game console since Nintendo is playing catch up and the only thing new about it so far is the controller.

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\
Dang, if I had my PS2 working, I'd play Ratchet and Clank 2 for literally hours flat. I beat the game 4 times through, fully upgraded everything (except one gun) and everything, then my PS2 died on me :'(

Speaking of which, does anyone still play Ratchet and Clank 2 any more? Views?

abrar14

Statter Master
I'm playing through ratchet and klank: Up your arsenal again. Anyone getting/has Rayman Origins?

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
This reasoning is greatly flawed in its majority. Typical of a Sony/Pokemon fanatic.

So besides the Controller what does the Wii U do that is new? We don't have all the info on it yet but so far the I-Pad like Controller is the only new thing thing the console has going for it. BTW I'm a bit biased towards Sony but not a Pokemon fanatic lol.

Dang, if I had my PS2 working, I'd play Ratchet and Clank 2 for literally hours flat. I beat the game 4 times through, fully upgraded everything (except one gun) and everything, then my PS2 died on me :'(

Speaking of which, does anyone still play Ratchet and Clank 2 any more? Views?

That sucks man. Hope they come out with R&C HD collection for the PS3 so I can enjoy the series. Never got a chance to buy the games when I played with my PS2.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So besides the Controller what does the Wii U do that is new? We don't have all the info on it yet but so far the I-Pad like Controller is the only new thing thing the console has going for it. BTW I'm a bit biased towards Sony but not a Pokemon fanatic lol.

All that we know is that it's way stronger than the Wii is. And because we don't know more than that, you know you're jumping the gun when you label it inferior since we're sure to know more sooner or later.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
All that we know is that it's way stronger than the Wii is. And because we don't know more than that, you know you're jumping the gun when you label it inferior since we're sure to know more sooner or later.

Hey now I never labeled it as inferior. I just stated that its not a true gen 8 console. At least not yet, we will see after it releases and the new PS/Xbox comes out.

This is after all my opinion. It may be the 8th home console from big N but I don't see it personally.

Anyways PSN is having a christmas sale on select games. You can grab Tomb Raider for free if you have PSN+

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Well,I have a PS2,which is really old,and about 20 games that I am willing to sell.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
I currently have 33 PS2 games, and there are still plenty more I would like to get. I am guessing at least half of the game for it are JRPG's and another fifth are JRPG's.

I have no plans on getting a PS3 (or any new console for that matter) because of space and money concerns.

Thats understandable, in about 5 years the PS3 or Xbox 360 should be about $100 so it will be a great time to catch up on games you missed in the 7th generation.

I wish I played more JRPGs and RPGs for the PS2. I missed getting Dark Cloud and other good games like Persona 4.

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Hey now I never labeled it as inferior. I just stated that its not a true gen 8 console. At least not yet, we will see after it releases and the new PS/Xbox comes out.

This is after all my opinion. It may be the 8th home console from big N but I don't see it personally.

Anyways PSN is having a christmas sale on select games. You can grab Tomb Raider for free if you have PSN+

Even if it does turn out inferior(we have no right to judge until all 3 are out though), it's still a gen 8 console. A lot of people are saying the Wii is outright inferior, yet even they don't discredit as not being a gen 7 console.

Anyway PS2 was probably my second fav console of all time after the 64. So many good games. Owning a 360 now, I'm jealous of the PS3 having more JRPG's than we do. Obviously because the 360 is comparatively unpopular in Japan. Also once again I wish they would give the 360 Tekken Hybrid. And spending money on the PSN is so much better than crappy M$ points. I have 40 M$ points right now, such an annoying system. Though achievements > trophies. Trophies present balancing issues having 3 levels of trophies in place of up to 501 possible levels of achievements from 0 - 500(current max).

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\
I have very, very fond memories of R&C 2 and Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex. Those were the days...