• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Playstation Thread

So what incentive does anyone have to buy a PS4 if this is true? It'll be the jump from N64 to GCN all over, where your entire old library is useless.

woot21 out dawgs

Or the jump from PSP to Vita last year. Or from PS2 to PS3 if you bought one beyond the launch ones. I'm not defending it by any means but it does seem like those were due to limiting hardware. For this situation the PSN still exists in its current form. Why not allow it to pass on along with the infrastructure of the PSN.

Oh wait, Sony will tell you they're doing it for the "long term."

Crystal Power

Crystal Power

Vita sales quadruple after the price drop in Japan, I wish they'd bring the price drop outside Japan..

Source: http://www.destructoid.com/vita-sales-quadruple-after-the-price-drop-in-japan-247704.phtml

Japan's Sony Online Entertainment president, Hiroshi Kawano, said today that the PlayStation Vita sales numbers in Japan have almost quadrupled those before the price drop on February 28. That's a very encouraging sign for Sony, although there are currently no plans to bring such a price drop to North America.

I'm sure many of us have had our fingers crossed that this price drop does eventually make it over here, so hopefully this success can be used to influence a change of heart. The price drop would likely equate to a 3G and Wifi model going for $200, which is a way better price for a handheld.

Seriously Sony, come on now, we're all waiting.
Read more at http://www.destructoid.com/vita-sal...rop-in-japan-247704.phtml#UpMvA82dUpJGFMaO.99

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
if I download GTA off of PSN, can I play with people who got the actual disc for it? Or is the playstation store version separated?

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
So do we know how much it will cost? I might buy a 360, maybe. It's iffy I mean out of all the 360 exclusives I only like the Halo, Gears Of War and Forza series so is it worth the 99 dollars if all I'm gonna be playing are these games? Back to Playstation, I didn't expect it so soon, I expected it to be announced later on this year and released holiday 2014. But I am pretty excited. I'm already making the jump to the next gen I am going to purchase a 3ds.

It's flown under the radar worse than anything I can think of in recent memory. But I'm PSYCHED because I LOVE the Atelier series and everything about them except I have no PS3 so me and playing them has been a pretty poor experience...

Also that flew under the radar a few weeks ago was Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, and boy am I psyched for that, too. Basically everything about Sony and my Vita this month I have been psyched about. Between the $10 for every $50 deal, the extra PS+ deal, the PS+ games themselves, and these few releases...Dang.

Zazie

So 1991
BTW, if anyone cares, Atelier Totori Plus is now available for the Vita.

The funny thing? This game practically has ZERO official news and announcements.

Well the Atelier series is pretty low profile here in general and handheld games seem to be to not get a lot of attention either, so I am not surprised. Atelier Annie was completely ignored when it was released as well.

It's flown under the radar worse than anything I can think of in recent memory. But I'm PSYCHED because I LOVE the Atelier series and everything about them except I have no PS3 so me and playing them has been a pretty poor experience...

Also that flew under the radar a few weeks ago was Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, and boy am I psyched for that, too. Basically everything about Sony and my Vita this month I have been psyched about. Between the $10 for every $50 deal, the extra PS+ deal, the PS+ games themselves, and these few releases...Dang.

Digital titles also don't get much hype either which is a shame. There have been some great stuff coming out on PS1 classics in the past 2 years.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Basically everything about Sony and my Vita this month I have been psyched about. Between the $10 for every $50 deal, the extra PS+ deal, the PS+ games themselves, and these few releases...Dang.

Getting a PS Vita, memory card, and PS+ is kind of a high cost but once I got those I feel like I'm being treated like a king. This service is fantastic. Free games everywhere.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Vita port for Disgaea 3 free sometime soon for Playstation Plus.

I've always been kinda interested in the series, I like the art style. Goddamn PS+ is the best.

Edit: Downloading it now. They don't seem to be advertising it on the PS Vita store page but if you search Disgaea, it's totally there for free.

EDIT EDIT: METAL GEAR SOLID V got officially revealed! Wooo!

Last edited:

Mr.Billehh

>Implying this makes up for no backwards compatibility on PS4

People want backwards compatibility. But one thing they do need to do is let games from ps1-ps3 be available from the playstation store. That would be reasonable as they could be downloadable and playable from there. Not anywhere else like a retail game shop such as like GameStop in the U.S..

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..
People want backwards compatibility. But one thing they do need to do is let games from ps1-ps3 be available from the playstation store. That would be reasonable as they could be downloadable and playable from there. Not anywhere else like a retail game shop such as like GameStop in the U.S..

Yup, you would think with the tech available now and to charge such an high price the least they could do is produce a model with PS3 Compatibility -_-

Mr.Billehh

[ACE] Zero;15855412 said:
Yup, you would think with the tech available now and to charge such an high price the least they could do is produce a model with PS3 Compatibility -_-

Maybe I need to talk to the Sony people and get myself a job there. A few things would be changed and a few ideas will be pitched.