• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Playstation Thread

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
But blaze boy is just complaining. Expressing his opinion, yes, but he can do that without completely throwing PS3 in the trash.

What! I said nothing bad about the PS3. All I said that the PS3 controller feels cheap, brittle and over priced and how it is the same with Sony other product.

If you don't like something, don't go to a thread ABOUT that thing because there will be disagreements.

Did I say that the Playstation is a piece of crap? Like Slick I just stated the flaw of the Controller and guess what I would done the same if the thread was a nintendo theard or a Xbox thread.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Alright knock it off. All controllers are overpriced because thats how the company makes money from their accessories.

SGG you are in the wrong, blaze boy has the right to say if the controller is not up to his standards. Don't let this turn into a flame war. Also Slick try not to bait him sheesh.

If you love watching movies then PSN has $0.99 deals going on good movies from now to December 31st.

You can buy Blue Ray movies for under $10 bucks as well. I'm thinking of picking up Thor since I never watched it.

Last edited:

abrar14

Statter Master
Im planning on getting Sonic CD on the psn. The game looks good (apart from graphics)

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
What! I said nothing bad about the PS3. All I said that the PS3 controller feels cheap, brittle and over priced and how it is the same with Sony other product.

Did I say that the Playstation is a piece of crap? Like Slick I just stated the flaw of the Controller and guess what I would done the same if the thread was a nintendo theard or a Xbox thread.

Well, try reading your first paragraph. You just said that other Sony products felt cheap, brittle, and overpriced. And since you didn't specifically mention any Sony product, I'm just going to take it as ALL Sony products. Also, your "cheap, brittle, and overpriced" part, I'm gonna have to label you as a massive Playstation hater because you didn't mention Nintendo and Microsoft. The Xbox 360 is the worst offender with it's Red Ring (yeah, barely happens anymore, but it still happened before), and the 3DS feels very cheap IMO (hey, you thought that the DS3 felt cheap. I think it feels nice, and doesn't feel cheap at all)

Did I just say that the Xbox 360 was crap and the 3DS felt cheap? Like the guy above me said, I just stated the flaw in your comment and how I have to stop you so that you don't bring in fanboyish and flamebait comments in these type of threads anymore. G'day, sir!!

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
If any of you saw, i have the yellow light of death.

But we have the first type of PS3. Like the very first edition.

So we might upgrade to the 160 GB version :)

But not in time for Christmas :(

Mister_SGG

Exactly. You said Sony's other products are cheap and overpriced. Last I checked, the PS3 is included in the list of Sony's products.

No, you didn't say the Playstation was crap. What you did say, or at least what you're inferring, is that Sony is shitty.

SGG you are in the wrong, blaze boy has the right to say if the controller is not up to his standards.

He's doing more than saying the controller isn't for him, he's saying Sony as a whole is "cheap, brittle and over priced".

You've lost.

Last edited:

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Exactly. You said Sony's other products are cheap and overpriced. Last I checked, the PS3 is included in the list of Sony's products.

No, you didn't say the Playstation was crap. What you did say, or at least what you're inferring, is that Sony is shitty.

He's doing more than saying the controller isn't for him, he's saying Sony as a whole is "cheap, brittle and over priced".

True and I'm sorry to have wrongly accused you but telling him to gtfo isn't helping.

Best you can do is ignore him or report him if his posts continue to bash the Sony company.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
If any of you saw, i have the yellow light of death.

But we have the first type of PS3. Like the very first edition.

So we might upgrade to the 160 GB version :)

But not in time for Christmas :(

I think I had the same type of playstation as you back in may last year. It was the originaly type of playstation and was very good until the yellow light of death came. If you intend on getting a new ps3 and want to keep the same username, then you'll have to enter it onto the new one. The bad news is that all of your save files on the old ps3 will not go onto the new os3 but all of the downloads and money you had on the ps3 will be saved.

I would recommend you go for the 250 GB version, it is pretty pricey but it can withstand a lot of downloads and games. I've had it for about a year and a half and I have encountered no problems with it.

Also about all of the disagreements regarding the ps3 and xbox controllers; it is just a matter of opinion and what your suited to and prefer. I have used the ps3 controllers more than the xbox ones so I am suited to that but if you play both consoles regularly, you'll find differences between them. What I don't understand is the flamming against the ps3's and sony in general, but I'm not getting into it.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Hey guys Christmas has passed and some of you must of gotten some games as presents or bought some thanks to sales.

So what Playstation games did you guys buy this year?

I've bought Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Batman: Arkham City and payed off my preorder for Mass effect 3 Collector's edition for PS3.

I plan to buy FFXIII-2 later on along with Twisted Metal somewhere down the line. :D

Last edited:

Arsène

I haven't bought anything for my Playstation 3. I'm contemplating purchasing a Vita at launch, but still not sure about it.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
I haven't played a playstation console for a long time. the last i played was my friends PSP. If i remember the last game i bought for my PS2 was probably Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Chris

Old Coot
Was playing Corpse Party on my PSP during Christmas Eve. Finished the first chapter.

Got some Christmas money, so I've spent some of it on a few PS3 games:
[img139]http://i44.*******.com/5zmctd.jpg[/img139]

Also bought Sonic CD and Grandia on PSN. Been enjoying having PS+. Thanks to it, I got Crash Bandicoot 1 - 3, Crash Team Racing, Spyro the Dragon 1 - 3, Tomb Raider Underworld and Hydrophobia for absolutely nothing.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
For X-mas I got a 160gb PS3 Slim :3

Congrats bobyjoe. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it. I wish I had 40 extra gigs right now lol. I have the 120gb PS3 from last year. But I'm glad I bought it early. I got to enjoy a lot of games.

So what kinda games do you like? Most of us can recommend some of the best FPS, RPG, Action/adventure, Fighting, and other games on the PS3 that go for relatively cheap prices.

Chris

Old Coot
Is Yakuza 3 actually fun? I always wanted to try it but I dunno if it is any good. Also those are some good deals you got there Chris. Careful with the free PSN+ games though, they disappear if you stop using PSN+.
I enjoyed the first Yakuza (missed out on Yakuza 2, now it's a ***** and a half to find), and I've heard the rest of the series has been consistently good. Plus it's $15, so I couldn't pass.

And I'm aware of the loss of games with PS+. It's more incentive for me to keep it. It's FAR better than when I had Xbox Live Gold. I actually get something out of it, rather than needing it to access the online portion of my games or to watch Netflix.