• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Playstation Thread

Electivirus

Not really, no.
I feel ashamed. Found out a week or two ago that the PS3 is backwards compatible PS1 discs. >_>

And with that news, I decided to pick up Dragon Warrior VII.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Anyone can recommend me a cheap (well, at least less than $50), yet decent headset? Not the headsets mainly for talking with other people for online games, but to be connected to my TV or PS3? I don't have a surround sound stereo set-up in my room anymore, so I can't really hear EVERY single small thing happening while playing a game like Uncharted, where there are small background sounds like birds chirping and whatnot. I miss the days where I could hear every single sound happening in the game, and just relaxing to how relaxing or loud they were.
... Or is there already extra slots that I haven't seen in my 4 years of owning a PS3? I have those headphones that connects with the circle holes, not the USB ports.

Chris

Old Coot

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard

Rezzo

Occasionally
New PlayStation + deals. Holy crap.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...cess-free-sly-cooper-street-fighter-and-more/

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Sly Cooper & The Thievius Raccoonus and Um Jammer Lammy for free. Hot damn.

I'm not a big fan of PlayStation +. They basically tease you with some good games for a month, and then take them away from you again afterward. Don't get me wrong, some of the deals are good, and it's a decent value if you just skim through games. But more or less what they do is give you a game to rent for a month, and then take it away from you again. I've always thought that keeping a hard copy of games is brilliant because I can just go back to it if I feel like it.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
I'm not a big fan of PlayStation +. They basically tease you with some good games for a month, and then take them away from you again afterward. Don't get me wrong, some of the deals are good, and it's a decent value if you just skim through games. But more or less what they do is give you a game to rent for a month, and then take it away from you again. I've always thought that keeping a hard copy of games is brilliant because I can just go back to it if I feel like it.

Rent for a month? I've still got the Crash games that were up for + members a couple of months ago, and was set to expire on December 31st for me, but I just tried to play it again 2 weeks ago, and it was still working. Also, make sure to download the games ASAP. They might be gone by the next update, but you can always redownload them from your download list. To me, PS+ is worth every money, and then some.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
They don't take it away unless you don't resubscribe... And if you do, you can redownload your games anyway.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Will be downloading Journey tomorrow (if I get money by then).
Also, isn't Motorstorm RC Vita free to all PS Vita owners tomorrow due to a partnership with Scion? Will also be downloading that tomorrow!

Edit: Sly Cooper 1 is free??!! That's freaking awesome!!

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
And honestly, you're getting the ability to download and play FULL PS3 games, FULL PSN games and FULL PSOne games for a mere $17.99 for 3 months and $49.99 for a year. PS+ completely pays for itself and saves you a crap ton of money. As I've said many times before, as a former Xbox Live member, PS+ completely destroys Live in all areas. Live never offered me even half of the decent deals PS+ gave me.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Anyone watches the Tester? I've been watching the recent episodes, and they are actually quite entertaining. It's not the best show out there, but at least it's more entertaining than the crap they show on real TV nowadays anyways.

My one biggest complain is the amount of Egoraptor fanboys hating the show. Sure, Egoraptor is now gone, but there's still like a million of his fanboys writing negative comments and disliking the videos. Other than that, I really like the Tester. Just a fun, mindless, and enjoyable show once in a while.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Anyone watches the Tester? I've been watching the recent episodes, and they are actually quite entertaining. It's not the best show out there, but at least it's more entertaining than the crap they show on real TV nowadays anyways.

My one biggest complain is the amount of Egoraptor fanboys hating the show. Sure, Egoraptor is now gone, but there's still like a million of his fanboys writing negative comments and disliking the videos. Other than that, I really like the Tester. Just a fun, mindless, and enjoyable show once in a while.

I enjoy these videos much more.

natie

Mr. F
Played Journey, fantastic game as was to be expected from thatgamecompany, though I still prefer Flower. Artsy games = best games.

Prelude

Prelude
My PS3 won't play games without heavy stuttering now. I tried vacuuming it and giving it a Blu-Ray disc cleaner, nothing worked. Can't take it apart because I don't have the right screwdrivers yet, and spring break's almost over anyway. Kind of a bummer since I just got FFXIII-2.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
My PS3 won't play games without heavy stuttering now. I tried vacuuming it and giving it a Blu-Ray disc cleaner, nothing worked. Can't take it apart because I don't have the right screwdrivers yet, and spring break's almost over anyway. Kind of a bummer since I just got FFXIII-2.

Oh wow, that sucks. How long have you had your PS3? My 40gb Phat PS3 that I got for my birthday in December 2007 got the YLOD on December 2009, but fortunately I got a new PS3 Slim just 3 days later.
Maybe you should just get a new PS3 instead? Sending it to Sony to get repaired will cost you over $100, so I would jut rather get a new one instead. Also, having a new game, and not being able to play it must suck really bad.I hope you're able to get it fixed as soon as possible, and as cheap as possible so you can finally play FFXIII-2. I liked FFXIII way more than XIII-2, but it's still a pretty good game (even got the platinum just a few weeks ago).

Rezzo

Occasionally
I know at least 10 people who had the original PS3 model and only one of those guys hasn't had the YLOD yet. They're such a poorly constructed model, it's a good thing they don't make them any more, bar the backwards compatibility.