• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Playstation Thread

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Failure? The PSP has sold 70 million units. That's a lot. It's the only non-Nintendo handheld that got a proper sucessor as well as opposed to slowly dying out. It may be far behind DS numbers, but taken in the context of previous non-Nintendo handhelds and video game systems in general, it's doing pretty okay.

The hardware might have sold well but the games didn't due to the fact that the PSP was rift with piracy. Also the UMD format failed to take off.

Abstinence Pistols

I literally faced palmed when he said that, since what stopping Microsoft CEO from making the same stupid statement.
To be fair, he has a point. Look at the Dreamcast.
Failure? The PSP has sold 70 million units. That's a lot. It's the only non-Nintendo handheld that got a proper sucessor as well as opposed to slowly dying out. It may be far behind DS numbers, but taken in the context of previous non-Nintendo handhelds and video game systems in general, it's doing pretty okay.
That's because the PSP had some great exclusives and lots of hackability, of which the Vita has neither.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
I literally faced palmed when he said that, since what stopping Microsoft CEO from making the same stupid statement.

This pretty much. I thought after the failure of the PSP Sony would have learnt from their mistake with the Vita but nope they made exactly the same mistake.

Too bad Nintendo and most game companies seem to not learn from their mistakes. Wii U seems to be following the 3DS and Vita in struggling. Lets hope PS4 is not that way.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Hopefully they suck like with the 3DS so I don't feel obligated to buy something so far out of my budget

Screw you man! I say give us a nice number of awesome games and have a floodgate of games coming once every month or 2 months over the launch period so that a Vita or Wii U launch window is avoided. The 3DS situation is something all companies wanna avoid.

Learn some restraint and buy the next PS when you can afford it. :)

Mister_SGG

Screw you man! I say give us a nice number of awesome games and have a floodgate of games coming once every month or 2 months over the launch period so that a Vita or Wii U launch window is avoided. The 3DS situation is something all companies wanna avoid.

Learn some restraint and buy the next PS when you can afford it. :)

But that's so much work :(

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
instead of revealing a next gen console, why don't they fix the problem currently on the ps3. No more empty promises Sony.

woot21

super noob
-didn't show the console
-very little game play footage, mostly all pre-rendered (and didn't look much better than current gen)
-lack of game play footage for console that has rumors of it coming out this year, early next, indicates there will be very few games out at launch if this is the case
-must have a Facebook account to play
-"share" button

Did they actually say it won't be backwards compatible? What about the used games thing?

woot21 out dawgs

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Well that conference was lame and lot of the thing just felt like that Sony was copying Nintendo Miiverse, but what's worse is that they didn't show off the console itself.

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
Has press conference for upcoming console.

Decides to choose speakers who don't speak Engrish and not to show the console.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Well that conference was lame and lot of the thing just felt like that Sony was copying Nintendo Miiverse, but what's worse is that they didn't show off the console itself.

Funny considering that Wii U only showed off the pad and Iwata had to mention that not showing off the console was a mistake.

Miiverse existed on the PS in the form of PS Home, Miiverse just made it more easier to share as it should considering it release in 2012.

Woot sorry to hear you had a bad experience but all of what you are listing is hardly true. Need a Facebook account? WTF when was that said?

Very little gameplay footage, what stream were you watching?

If you are gonna sh*t on the PS4 then be fair to it or stopping telling lies about it.

Overall I'm more excited for E3 because more games will be announced and see the hardware along with price and crap. Can't wait for June with The Last of Us and E3.

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
If watch dogs and/or destiny are ps3 exclusives, that automatically decides what console I'm getting. Idgaf if the Xbox hasn't even been announced. Case closed. Also lol at everyone who spammed twitter with "OMG ACTIVISION'S TALKING!!! THEY'RE GONNA ANNOUNCE THE NEXY COD!!!"
*facepalm*

also did they talk about PSN being free or will we have to pay this time around? Or was it not mentioned?

*IZ*

I don't mind that they didn't show the console.

They also said it's coming out holiday system 2013.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
BASELESS SPECULATION GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

-very little game play footage, mostly all pre-rendered (and didn't look much better than current gen)

Pretty much all of it was said to be running live on the PS4, not pre-rendered. Kind of hard for me to judge how great it looks since I was watching on a stream but whatever.

-lack of game play footage for console that has rumors of it coming out this year, early next, indicates there will be very few games out at launch if this is the case

I'd imagine they'd be saving some thing for E3, but they did show some gameplay.

-must have a Facebook account to play

No.

-"share" button

So?

Did they actually say it won't be backwards compatible? What about the used games thing?

It's going to be cloud-based backwards compatability, however that works. No news on the used games thing.

Copying it by showing social features it doesn't have?

also did they talk about PSN being free or will we have to pay this time around? Or was it not mentioned?

Not mentioned.

Night_Walker

Well while I want a proper look at the conference (mainly cause the stream I was able to watch was buggy and laggy as heck) here are my initial thoughts.

Pros:
~ Killzone: Shadow Fall.
Looked beautiful and engaging.
~ Better integration for players.
Definitely feel the PS3 user interface is less welcoming than the 360's so I welcome the concept of an interface focus. Most definitely like how easy it sounds like it will be to record game footage and share it. Not so sure I like the idea of someone being able to take control of my game though.

Cons
~ Console itself didn't appear.
...How the heck can you have a conference about a new console without showing the actual console?
~ Suggestion of using actual names and pictures
That's gotta represent a huge potential security risk. Also why can't Sony introduce it's own Avatar system?
~ Just 2 exclusives?
From what I saw they only announced 2 PS4 exclusives...
~ Increased focus on 'The Cloud' and Downloads
Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned but I like physical copies of games and to have things stored on my console.
~ No discussion of whether or not a constant internet connection is required or if the console will block used games.

Things I'm neutral about
~ The controller.
Sounds and looks okay, but can't be sure of its size until I get actual measurements.

zerothethird

Wobbuchu is awesome.
I'm interested about the live-streaming of your games to your friends and how they can control for you, and how they can post comments :D

Too bad we didn't see the real thing. They could've just shown a picture or something.

I'm a little worried honestly. I'm feeling the same way I felt when I first saw the Wii U, and it wasn't that good.

But then again I'm excited too. The inclusion of a head phone jack is a smart move.

Last edited: