• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pledge We Made That Day! The Ho-Oh Legend of the Johto Region!! (1098)

D

Deleted member 384931

What is the point of Ash here? Gou did something, The boy and the grandfather did something, but Ash?

Ultra Beast Lover

What is the point of Ash here? Gou did something, The boy and the grandfather did something, but Ash?
He's here to make sure we're not bored.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I’m usually all for captures but Go just chucking Pokéballs without any effort got boring after the Bug catching spree episode.

I personally don’t really care for the Ho-oh “plot line” as it’s never gone anywhere besides Ash telling people he met it but at least the continuity is there

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Go, you idiot. You were this close to catching Ho-oh. You have miracle Critical Captures.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! CONTINUITYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For episode 1, which is and will be sacred (fire) forever.

...Which is also extremely expendable, as it does nothing in the grand scheme of things.
Gou will then accidentally chuck a Dusk Stone to Misdreavus, thus it evolves. And he doesn’t catch another Misdreavus!
Now the big question is when will Go ever catch a second Misdreavus to fill the Mismagius slot? He always caught one of each/will evolve into the

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
As much as I do not like Ash, I felt his presence here was outright annoying. I get that this series is trying to be more episodic, but one of the flaws of an episodic series is how you'll churn out duds like this.

As for Go's goal, it would be better if we saw him study the biology of the pokemon like he did in episode 2 when he observed how Lugia flew and the purposes of the flaps on the back. Capturing is getting monotonous as Ash's gym battles at this point.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Go, you idiot. You were this close to catching Ho-oh. You have miracle Critical Captures.

For episode 1, which is and will be sacred (fire) forever.

...Which is also extremely expendable, as it does nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Now the big question is when will Go ever catch a second Misdreavus to fill the Mismagius slot? He always caught one of each/will evolve into the
Looking back at the bug catching episode, he’ll most likely just catch a Mismagius whenever he sees one, unless they ever do an episode that focuses on Go raising or evolving his pokémon

Last edited:

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Character saves the day by throwing pokeballs, who needs Thunderbolt or random DEMs

I like Go, but please, not even Pokémon Go is that easy at catching pokemon
What is this, red quickballs? Or some obscure stash of red masterballs...

About the episode:
It was entertaining but I'm starting to miss some long term goals. Go still has hundreds of pokémon to catch and Ash has basically the same status of a companion at this point.
Can't have a battler conpanion? Make Ash himself one.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I wonder if they'll ever do anything with Ash wanting to battle Ho-oh

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Who knew all it took to see Ho-oh is a dusty old feather and shouting from a tall place.

...God, I really wish Ho-oh played a slightly bigger role, or SOMETHING.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Poor Sentret, it wanted to befriend with the boys and Go responded by throwing a Pokeball at it with a little pain when the Pokeball touches it.

Go's capture skills surely a hax. It seems that after he captures the troublemaking 2 wild POTDs, he could potentially deal with any wild Pokemons, innocent or dangerous, weak or powerful. But seriously, I think this trend would ruin the challenge our heroes face against them.

Otherwise, not so interesting episode. It's mostly about the 2 COTDs wishing Ho-Oh's return, so there's a good amount of dialogue in this episode. Oh and their Pokemons are mostly static.

At this point I rather would read a fanfic based on the episodes
Fanfics are fun to do and I encourage fans to do them even if it's not canon to the show.

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

How is Go going to even give all of the Pokemon individual attention? He can probably handle a few a day but at some point some Pokemon are going to get less attention than others. Jealousy will spark, fights will happen, the lab will probably get damaged. I'd get it if he was trying to protect the rare Pokemon, give them a place to be safe and regrow their population, but he's not doing that. I just really don't get the point of having every single Pokemon.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
How is Go going to even give all of the Pokemon individual attention? He can probably handle a few a day but at some point some Pokemon are going to get less attention than others. Jealousy will spark, fights will happen, the lab will probably get damaged. I'd get it if he was trying to protect the rare Pokemon, give them a place to be safe and regrow their population, but he's not doing that. I just really don't get the point of having every single Pokemon.
Ash and co past Pokemons didn't get their attentions evenly, yet nothing happened, so why is this any different? The directors/writers decide how their Pokemons should react anyways.