• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Plot Bunny Farm

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Side note/credit: This idea is courtesy of Poetry. Who asked for this to be done months ago. I’m so sorry. orz

The Plot Bunny Farm

Short Intro
Ever have an idea that you think is absolutely brilliant … but you kinda don’t want to write it because you don’t think you can do it, you don’t have time to do it, or you just straight-up don’t want to do it? You know the kind. The plot bunnies that are just burning to be written, but you keep them on your shelf forever? Or have you ever been that type of writer who’s itching to write, but you have no idea what you want to write about? Look no further! Welcome to the Plot Bunny Farm, a place where ideas go to mingle!

How it works is simple. Those of you with ideas, there’s a two-field form at the end of this post. Simply copy and paste that into a new post, fill it out, and submit it, and you’re good to go! The form itself is pretty simple. In the first field, we ask you to summarize your idea in a single sentence. And yes, you just get one sentence to do it. Think of it like an elevator pitch, in other words. The second field is where you get to spend as much time as you’d like (while keeping in mind that you only get one post to do this in) to go into full detail about your idea.

For those of you who want an idea, there’s a link list in the next post containing all of the one-sentence summaries we’ve received so far. Simply go through the list and find one you like, then click on it and read the full idea. Like it? Start writing! Ready to post your story? Feel free to message a mod to let them know you’ve adopted the idea, so its link can be taken down!

Super simple, right?

Further Explanation
Please Dos!
1. Have a bunch of prompts that were originally for Yuletide that you’d like to dump off here? Got unfilled prompts for other challenges or fic events? You can leave those here too! Literally, if it is a fic idea (within reason), you can post it!

2. Got a chaptered fic you started but kinda lost interest in? This is also a fic adoption thread! Simply fill out the form as you normally would, but at the end of your extended summary, insert a link to the old fic. (Yes, this is a place where you can link to off-site fanfics so long as they are also not M-rated or above.) Please note that the more detail you can give on what you were planning to do with the fic, the easier it will be for another writer to adopt it.

3. You totes can use this thread to be all like, “I have this character/world concept, but I kinda don’t know how to use it. Please take this and run with it.” Like, for reals, you can do that. It’s totally A-OK. Just remember that you only get one post to talk about your idea.

4. Why, yes, you can submit fic ideas that aren’t for Pokémon fanfiction! Original ideas and fics for other fandoms are more than welcome. These ideas will be italicized in the link list to make things easier for idea seekers.

5. By submitting your idea, it’s understood that you’re giving up the concept so that someone else can write it. However! You can always change your mind! If you find yourself wanting to write an idea that you submitted, please feel free to ask a mod to take it off the link list. If the list hasn’t been updated before you changed your mind, simply delete your post, and we’ll all pretend that didn’t happen. *nod*

Please Do Nots :<
1. Please do not submit ideas for fics that an author wouldn’t be able to post to this forum. That means no lemons, no M-rated fics, no bashing fics, and no fics written to insult other people or groups.

2. While you can offer up a fic for adoption, please make sure they are your own fics. Do not put someone else’s fic up for adoption, no matter how old they are or how abandoned you think they may be.

3. Please note that this is not a thread for discussing ideas or for getting your ideas rated. Should you be looking for feedback on your concepts, please hit up Fic Ideas instead. Thanks!

4. Furthermore, please note that this is not a thread you’d want to use to find someone to collab with. If you’re looking for a co-author, please VM or PM members of this community instead. This isn’t really a do-not-do-this-because-rules kind of thing; it’s more of a that-would-be-really-impractical kind of thing.

The Form
Ready to get your ideas out there? Simply copypasta this form into a new post and fill it out with the relevant details!

HTML:
[b]Your idea in one sentence:[/b]

[b]The full idea:[/b]

Last edited:

CuriousHeartless

I was hoping for something like this.

Your idea in one sentence: Mega Man set in culture festivals.

The full idea: To quote from the Fic ideas thread, The year is 20X0. In celebration of the new decade, cultural fairs are appearing all over the world. The culture fairs allow the people of the area to come together and express their past. They are mostly funded by either the nation they are located in, or the local community. But there is one connection keeping them all afloat for the few days they run, a mysterious supporter who simply signs his checks as X. X has been behind everything for months, building special event halls, hiring any staff or buying any robot necessary, and even having custom robots built to fit the histories and mythologies of the locals' customs. But now, on the first day of the cultural fairs, X has cut off all contact.

Two days later, things went crazy. The robots special ordered by X went berserk, and started attacking the cultural fairs they were working at. Most people evacuated, but some were trapped in. In an effort to combat the rogue robots and save those trapped inside, the world's leading scientist in robot technology, Dr. Light, decided to help. Dr. Light used his skills with robotics to track down eight robots in the different cultural fairs that gave off large, detectable masses of a strange radiation. He enlisted the help of his greatest creation, the helper-robot turned savior Megaman who had saved the day twelve times in the past, to help. Equipped with the Mega Buster and Copy Powers, Megaman is heading out to save the day.

The idea is that this was meant to feel like a written Mega Man game. The problem is that I'm not sure enough of my skills to make it interesting without fighting being either repetitive or truncated.

AmericanPi

Write on
Just a quick question, is this thread bumpable?

Terry93D

In a single sentence: A blind Riolu trying to survive.

Longer form: It is a tale of the struggles of a Riolu whom is, obviously as the single-sentence descriptor might imply, blind. In particular, the struggle to survive in the wild, and then at the hands of a temperamental trainer.

I'm afraid that's it. Not particularly long or impressive, I know.

Shurtugal

The aura is with me.
Sorry if this is off topic, but I literally went to write a sentence, then decided to write the thing myself. I encourage everyone to try to write a plotbunny here. You might inspire yourself of all people!

EDIT: let me give a sentence, though (although I've written this one, I think it can be better):

In a Sentence: A Champion who is lonely and hates his position.

Longer: He is challenged by an eleven year old trainer who has a team of Legendary pokemon, and the thrill of challenge / thought of losing his position excites him.

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Your idea in one sentence: Chosen One/trainer fic in which that cynical, bored teen you meet in the high school classroom in Chapter One is actually the guiding support to his teacher, who was chosen by legendaries to save the world.

The full idea: You know how a number of trainer fics start off with the main characters going to school so we can establish what the protagonist was like in their normal lives before they head off on a Grand Adventure, possibly wherein they find out they're the Chosen One? Okay, so, start off with that. Start off with this teen character who's sitting through a boring lecture by his history teacher or English teacher or whatever you'd like that subject to be. Establish that this teen character is just counting the minutes until he picks his starter and heads off on a journey through whatever region you'd like. Maybe even throw in some banter with his best friend and soon-to-be traveling companion/rival/romantic interest.

But then. THEN. THE NEXT DAY, who should show up at the professor's place but the kid's teacher, and it turns out that this guy—this thirty-year-old has-been Pokémon trainer—has received The Calling sometime during the night and is now tasked with going back out into the world after decades of trying to put his trainer's past behind him, just because he—and only he—can save the world from Team Evil and a stock legendary-centric conspiracy plot. And it's up to your teen protagonist to help prepare him for doing just that.

Tl;dr, as I put it on my Tumblr:

This time, the chosen one is his teacher, and the kid spends the entire fic traveling around with this washed-up, has-been, thirty-year-old who went home to teach ungrateful high school students history or art or something, and [said kid's] entire role in the fic is to prepare said thirty-year-old has-been for doing battle against the forces of evil. (So like Hell Teacher Nube meets a standard trainer fic if both of those concepts starred the cast of Kill La Kill.)

Have fun! :D

Last edited:

Zbger

Fiery Blaze Lucario
A plot bunny coming right up!

Your idea in one sentence: Mary Sue and human son starts his Pokémon journey

The full idea: In a world where Mary Sues are as normal as a Rattatta in Kanto Route 1, and humans (or non powered mary sues) are rare, what will happen when a hybrid Human Sue goes on a journey?

Last edited:

0bss1d1ankn1ght

Lost in the Internet
Idea in One Sentence: main characters go on a date, and buy a possessed doll.

Full(ish) Idea:: A Lucario and Braixen go out one night on a date, and stumble upon a Banette who's selling Pokedolls. Lucario buys Braixen a Blaziken doll. Later that night, while Braixen was sleeping, she felt something crawl up her leg and found out it was the Blaziken doll. She got scared, and threw it against a wall. Just as she was about to burn it, her mother Delphox intervenes and studies the doll, and discovers it's actually a real Blaziken turned into a doll. Braixen and Delphox leave to question the Banette who sold it to her, but she wasn't there anymore.

AmericanPi

Write on
Your idea in one sentence: From Zero to Hero: A Fanfictionist's Tale is the story of a fanfiction writer from her initial poor attempts at writing, one of which got her banned from her favorite forum, to her establishment as a popular Internet sensation.

The full idea: Ivanna Wright, also known as Mew Master, is an Internet celebrity - her fanfiction has been ongoing for many years and is well known on many websites. However, as a beginning writer, she was less than brilliant. When she started to take an interest in writing fanfiction, she started out by posting a fanfic on ManafiForums - the fanfic was terrible and rule-breaking, however. It got criticized brutally by the infamous Kami Myu and quickly got closed by Zephyr Breeze. Ivanna did not give up, however, and From Zero To Hero is the story of her rise from a very bad author to an Internet sensation.