1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Poison Conspiracy

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Angeltripper, Aug 16, 2011.

?

What's your favorite Poison Family?

1. Weezing

9 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Nidoking

47 vote(s)
    16.6%
  3. Crobat

49 vote(s)
    17.3%
  4. Tentacruel

12 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Toxicroak

31 vote(s)
    11.0%
  6. Amoongus

4 vote(s)
    1.4%
  7. Venusaur

26 vote(s)
    9.2%
  8. Muk

15 vote(s)
    5.3%
  9. Gengar

63 vote(s)
    22.3%
  10. Other

27 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. Darth Sabreus

Darth Sabreus Want to get a soda?

I has. I'd like to see a Poison legendary like her. Or maybe a Poison Type, Legendary Manticore-like Pokemon?

2. Diamond Eagle

Diamond Eagle TheMightyPolak

3 things-

You can't just say crobat is beaten by gengar. It's true, but it's an opinion.

I think you can't ban someone from your thread just because you don't like what they say.....

And yes, poison needs a new legend. So does steel. Steel has registeel, but we need a new one.

3. Victory

Victory Banned

A steel and poison legend would be cool...it needs levitate, though ;)

4. LokesLano

LokesLano Baby Bopper

Steel gets Registeel and Heatran and Dialga. Next please.

It's like poison is a running joke at Game Freak, with its pitiful 1 super effective and steel completely blocking it. B/W gave poison both Sludge Wave and Gunk Shot, but still nothing.

5. Angeltripper

Angeltripper ♥ Ace ♥

actually D/P gave it gunk shot

6. Gelatino95

Gelatino95 Not a tool

Poison is better than you think. Like you mentioned, it has a few powerful moves like Gunk Shot and Sludge Wave, as well as Sludge Bomb. In addition, while it may only have one strength, it's similar to Normal-type in its ability to do well with neutral coverage. Few types resist poison. Don't forget that poison-types have key defensive resistances (Weezing is an incredible all-purpose wall, especially with Stockpile) and they can absorb Toxic Spikes.

7. Angeltripper

Angeltripper ♥ Ace ♥

dont forget they also made toxic and toxic spikes

8. Gelatino95

Gelatino95 Not a tool

Absolutely.

Anyway, as for the topic of the thread, I personally don't have a preference of whether or not we get a poison-type legendary. We're all at the mercy of Game Freak's design department in this case. I personally don't think we need a legendary with all the amazing poison-types we already have like Weezing, Gengar, Crobat, Toxicroak, Nidoking, Roserade... the list goes on.

9. lechuguito

lechuguito Crack it up!

Why not a poison/dark? A pokemon so poisonous that it's poison is black and can kill any living thing with the right dosage.

I think a poison-electric or a poison-fire would be just like a water-fire pokemon: completely senseless (although it could be very useful ingame).

I'm a monotype-poison trainer, and I see so many potential in this type.

Btw, I'm voting Weezing,

10. Gelatino95

Gelatino95 Not a tool

If it had levitate, it would have no weaknesses.

11. Serpentine

Serpentine Pokemon Breeder

I believe the problem is that Poison is negative. A legendary is usually seen as good, not so much evil. Also, Poison is kind of bad... It is only super effective against one type... Not very good for a legedary. If it's a mixed type maybe... One with a lot more type advantages.

12. lechuguito

lechuguito Crack it up!

why not an evil legendary?

13. Angeltripper

Angeltripper ♥ Ace ♥

well, I found mewtwo, zapdos, moltres, articuno, eayquaza, groudon, kyogre and giratina quite evil

14. Gelatino95

Gelatino95 Not a tool

Uh, Darkrai?

15. Angeltripper

Angeltripper ♥ Ace ♥

In the games, he's seen as evil. In the anime, he's a hero. so darkrai goes either way. thats why I didnt add him or regigigas

16. Gelatino95

Gelatino95 Not a tool

True, but my point was that Dark is also seen as a "negative" type.

17. yanmegy423

yanmegy423 Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!

I think if there was a poison legendary it would probably be something that would have been created by an evil organisation that is trying to pollute the planet for their own personal gain and this Pokemon would be the origin of all pollution. Obviously a rare typing would be involved... Poison/Steel with Levitate? :D

18. OceanHero

OceanHero Smile Smile Smile!

Poison/fire legendary.

19. lechuguito

lechuguito Crack it up!

I like the idea of a Poison/Steel legendary created by an evil organization (like Mewtwo was).

It could be an large snake with steel skin. I imagine a mix of Rayquaza and Seviper with metal plakes and poisonous fangs.

Or maybe something associated with rust iron…

20. Angeltripper

Angeltripper ♥ Ace ♥

you know, I think a dark/poison legendary could be made from something like dark matter and it would be very powerful cause nothing is supereffective to it. (unless you use miracle eye) then an evil organization takes it (but not like in b/w)